Student arrested for bringing bullet to school

Bringing live ammo to school... not smart.
If it was a live round, take it, dispose of properly, inform parents, continue life.
Why is this even an issue? Why is it the people with their heads stuck the furthest up their asses end up in positions like legislature, law enforcement, and journalism. I truly blame media need for sensationalizing EVERYTHING and putting their own little PC attitude and spin on everything for the state of the world today. When there is no news and they just have to keep piling on the drama for years and years, this is the society you breed because hoards of mindless zombies plant their asses in front of the television and ingest every little BS tidbit as fact and majority opinion. Bitchslaps all around i say!

13 = not smart

edit: not that I disagree with anything you said above, jus sayin.

Last edited:
Frankly, a knife in the hands of an irresponsible eight year old is far more dangerous than a loaded cartridge.

Just red "The Little Engine That Could" to my kid a couple weeks ago. There was a picture of all the candy, toys, and other goodies the engine was going to bring to the kids over the mountain. In there were some nifty pocket knives. My boy picked up on that and said "Is that a knife? Knives are dangerous." I said yes they are dangerous, but they are also useful and fun. I told him how we had knives as kids and sometimes we cut ourselves. Little bits of responsibility at a time. Christmas is coming.

Also note: The detective sgt. mentioned in the article is a School Committee member, as is another former police officer.

Last edited:
After I took my daughter to the range, I dropped her off at a friends house. An empty 22lr casing dropped out of the tread in her boot onto the floor of their hallway.

I picked it up before anyone noticed, avoiding the visit from the SWAT team and a permanent criminal record for everyone in the house.

This is exaclty why we warn the kids (e.g. Boyscouts) that come to the range to check their boots....

And my kids to do the same, along with their pockets.

While you all might think this a gross over-reaction...the laws in Massachusetts require him to be arrested and prosecuted for a felony. Even an empty cartridge requires this reaction. We need to change the laws...not whine about how unjust they are!

I hope it turns out OK for the kid. This is nuts. We have an outdoor expo at my club every year and the kids come to the pistol house and shoot air rifle. All the kids want to pick up the spent shell casings outside on the ground and take them for souveniers (spelling?) and we have to tell them that in MA they arent allowed them. Some of the parents (not outdoor types) are astonished when we tell them the trouble they'll get into if an empty case makes it to school. When will the majority stand up and let common sense play its part.

FIFY

There's going to be a day when the cops are going to need some of us to watch their backs. I'm going to bet that most of us will wave and smile at them and not lift a finger.

Don't blame the cops, they're just following the orders. That reasoning was used by every defendant at the Nuremberg Trials.

The Brass Flowers idea might be a winner.

Now, you'd have to suspend morality to do it, but someone could take a few boxes of ammo, fire into various materials such as jugs, goats, whatever... then take the "brass flowers" and turn them into a piece of art and build a great BS story about how it is an allegory for civilization and sell them to every aint moron from here to the cape.

Then, hand over the purchase records anonymously to LE. That *might* produce some changes.

I'm suddenly reminded of an exhibit that was at the DeCordova Museum a couple years back. It might still be there.

I recall it as a very large shell pointing back at the shooter. One of the staffers there commented that it was such an "appropriate" commentary on gun violence blah blah blah.

Now it occurs to me, I'm quite certain the museum does not possess an FFL and I'd be SHOCKED to find even one employee there with so much as an FID.

If it is still there, there are potentially some serious violations..... It was just outside the store (not an indoor exhibit).

Anyone seen it lately?

Don't blame the cops, they're just following the orders. That reasoning was used by every defendant at the Nuremberg Trials.

I do. And I blame the chief. At last check, Police have discretion, or are they now to be considered mindless robots "following orders"? [rules] Because that's what you're saying. And if they are in fact robots, if they are in trouble, don't count on folks stepping in to help, we can just buy more...

Don't get me started on the pathetic teacher who freaked at the sight of a casing. Whoever it was should get 20 lashings on the premise of sheer stupidity.

I would put money on it being one of these two things
View attachment 22411
or
View attachment 22412

NON-Discretionary arrests for anything that looks like boolits or harmless, empty casings, are now in order. Zee goose-steppers demand it becawz itz on ZEE books! [banghead]

Gimme a break, Charlie Browns of the world....[rolleyes]

Just red "The Little Engine That Could" to my kid a couple weeks ago. There was a picture of all the candy, toys, and other goodies the engine was going to bring to the kids over the mountain. In there were some nifty pocket knives. My boy picked up on that and said "Is that a knife? Knives are dangerous." I said yes they are dangerous, but they are also useful and fun. I told him how we had knives as kids and sometimes we cut ourselves. Little bits of responsibility at a time. Christmas is coming.

Also note: The detective sgt. mentioned in the article is a School Committee member, as is another former police officer.

Every Kid should get a knife around the age of eight. Sorry if I was inarticulate. I am just saying that a round of 9mm loaded ammo is fairly inert (if that's even what it was) without a device to use it in.

The problems are:
#1 We have totally absurd laws about ammunition (and that is legally defined as all components in MA)
#2 We have these schools that have implemented "zero tolerance" policies, which are basically the biggest cop-out for empty-skull administrators and school boards.

I think a conference with the parents (if this kid has known issues outside of school) would have been appropriate punishment.

Should we be surprised? This is MA after all. The question is why aren't there people standing in front of the school handing out free bullets to all the kids, throwing them in people's cars and then telling the police to arrest everyone?

ETA: Seriously, just go to schools everywhere and dump a bulk box of 22LR all over the playgrounds and then do the same in the town hall lawn. People will be picking up bullets everywhere and you'll all be criminals together.

That's an excellent idea.

Johny Bulletseed.

In Massachusetts, for even possessing the bullet (or cartridge, empty casing, or whatever the kid really had) the kid committed a crime. This isn't just some zero tollerance overreaction. This is our ridiculous laws at work.

In Massachusetts, for even possessing the bullet (or cartridge, empty casing, or whatever the kid really had) the kid committed a crime. This isn't just some zero tollerance overreaction. This is our ridiculous laws at work.

Yep, problem #1 from my post above.

What gets me is that people don't know this, and shouldn't have to worry.

There's a super smokin' server at a restaurant I go to that has a belt made from spent casings. That could get her prison shower funtime in this wackjob state.

There's a super smokin' server at a restaurant I go to that has a belt made from spent casings. That could get her prison shower funtime in this wackjob state.

Let her know you need a closer look to make sure she is compliant.[wink]

I'm going to need picks to verify this

zero tolerance is for people with no brains that can not think by themselves and cannot make the right decision for the situation at hand. In the old days, if I broke a school rule, the teacher would call my parents and that was the end of it. Sad days we live in.

Don't know about you, but the end of it would be when I got home.....with a belt...

Sad thing is, I'm only 24. I had a knife at 10 and had it on me at all times out of school...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom