• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Student arrested for bringing bullet to school

Who is Johnny Bulletseed?

Johnny Bulletseed goes around to certain states and hands out small tubular pieces of brass to unsuspecting children and tells them to take the innocuous pieces of metal into school to show their teachers.

Once in school the children often find that they are yelled at by teachers, and often arrested and thrown into "the system". These unsuspecting children often find themselves at the mercy of other children in the system who beat and abuse them and also find that many adults who are there to "advise" the children are not what they seem.

This is why many of these poor unsuspecting children - when they finally are set free - for owning a small piece of metal - tell their parents when they emerge from the state institutions: "Mommy - my bum really hurts".

What Johnny Bulletseed does for these nieve children is give them a lesson in life that they would never have gotten at school. He shows them thru experience what "the government" is REALLY all about.

This is how Johnny Bulletseed makes the tree of liberty grow. By planting small pieces of metal into the hands on unsuspecting children.

The administrator or teacher who confiscated the "bullet" better have an FID or LTC. If not, arrest them, too.
Of course they may have just locked the kid in a room without taking the bullet.
Idiots!

The administrator or teacher who confiscated the "bullet" better have an FID or LTC. If not, arrest them, too.
Of course they may have just locked the kid in a room without taking the bullet.
Idiots!

oooh, that's a good point. I will look into that and file a complaint if they did take the "bullet"...

I remember having a key chain in school that was made from a spent 30-06 shell.
There was a bullet in it to make it look cool, but the primer and powder were gonzo. Pretty sure my dad made a few for my buddies too.

I can't believe non of us got hurt! [rofl2]

oooh, that's a good point. I will look into that and file a complaint if they did take the "bullet"...

This is a great point. Call the cops on any teacher who confiscates things like this as they are also not allowed to have possession of them. I still like my scattering bullets everywhere coupled with Calsdad's Johnny Bulletseed outreach program better. It'll work a lot faster.

Somehow I doubt that the state's punitive priesthood would punish the teachers doing the confiscating, as they are part of the system, too.

Idiots!

Even if they did have an FID or LTC would they also need a letter from the superintendent allowing them to posses ammo on school grounds? Or is that just for firearms?

I had a teacher bring a handgun to school to show the class.He let us pass it around for a closer look.This was 1978 9th grade.
The guy was kind of a psycho. This was the only cool thing I remember him doing.

I was stopped by tsa for one of those keychain bullets in Newark ( funny how I made it through Logan...) And my 4yr old niece informed me that I said a bad word when I used the word gun at dinner the other night... gotta love new age teachers...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

The possession without FID is yes.

But here's the rub: At 13, he isn't even eligible to apply for an FID. You have to be 18 (or 15 with parental consent).

So basically, in MA no one under 18 (or 15 etc.) can have any ammo or ammo components.

Collect brass? Tough shit, it's a felony.

I know how to search legis.mass.gov , but I seldom find what I'm looking for.

What, exactly, is the State penalty for ammunition possession without an FID?

I see where you must have FID for possession, but not what the penalty is for not having it.

I"m hoping someone here knows off hand, not to do "homework" for me.

Thanks,
--jcr

I know how to search legis.mass.gov , but I seldom find what I'm looking for.

What, exactly, is the State penalty for ammunition possession without an FID?

I see where you must have FID for possession, but not what the penalty is for not having it.

I"m hoping someone here knows off hand, not to do "homework" for me.

Thanks,
--jcr

ch 269 §10(h).

But here's the rub: At 13, he isn't even eligible to apply for an FID. You have to be 18 (or 15 with parental consent).

So basically, in MA no one under 18 (or 15 etc.) can have any ammo or ammo components.

Collect brass? Tough shit, it's a felony.

I just informed some non shooters of this, and they were amazed.

I was stopped by tsa for one of those keychain bullets in Newark ( funny how I made it through Logan...) And my 4yr old niece informed me that I said a bad word when I used the word gun at dinner the other night... gotta love new age teachers...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I hope you told your four year old niece in return that her teacher was lying to her and she is an idiot.

This problem is never going to get fixed by being nice about it.

I just informed some non shooters of this, and they were amazed.

Most people, shooters and non shooters alike, are amazed/shocked at that one. [hmmm]

Yeah, telling a bunch of ladies at the "Women On Target" classes to "Please put that down, or you'll be a felon." and see the looks and reactions was pretty interesting. We need more of those types of classes.

Yeah, telling a bunch of ladies at the "Women On Target" classes to "Please put that down, or you'll be a felon." and see the looks and reactions was pretty interesting. We need more of those types of classes.

We need to stop informing people about this type of illegal behavior - and start encouraging them to do it.

The only way the law is going to get fixed - is when enough people get completely screwed over by the government for ownin innocuous pieces of brass tubing.

Until then - the BS will continue.

The beatings MUST START before the attitude will improve.

ch 269 §10(h)
(h)(1) Whoever owns, possesses or transfers a firearm, rifle, shotgun or ammunition without complying with the provisions of section 129C of chapter 140 shall be punished by imprisonment in a jail or house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $500. Whoever commits a second or subsequent violation of this paragraph shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 2 years or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or both. Any officer authorized to make arrests may arrest without a warrant any person whom the officer has probable cause to believe has violated this paragraph.
Though different in other jurisdictions, in Massachusetts doesn't the "not more than 2 years" mean that it is considered only a misdemeanor?

(Thanks, Terraformer, for the cite)

--jcr

ch 269 §10(h)
Though different in other jurisdictions, in Massachusetts doesn't the "not more than 2 years" mean that it is considered only a misdemeanor?

(Thanks, Terraformer, for the cite)

--jcr

I am not a lawyer, and I'd be quite interested in any practicing MA lawyers on here commenting on the actual significance of this document, but the list found at the following URL at least appears to answer the felony/misdemeanor question in detail. http://www.mass.gov/courts/admin/sentcomm/mastercrimelist.pdf

A lot of detail (it's sorted by MGL section).

MA has misdemeanors that range up to 2.5 years in Jail. Our felonies start at prison (not jail) sentences up to life. The issue is that every state is different and I truly believe some mass hole politician lobbied to have a definition of misdemeanor inserted into the GCA 68 where the definition of a felony is anything over 2 years. I call them misdafelonies. They are misdemeanors but are seen as felonies to the feds.

BTW: Not a lawyer, but you won't find many here willing to comment so I figured I would answer you.

The determinative criteria is found in MGL 274-1

A crime punishable by death or imprisonment in the state prison is a felony. All other crimes are misdemeanors.

http://www.malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter274/Section1

Of course, as Terra said, many MA misdemeanors carry a potential penalty of 2.5 years incarceration, rendering them felonies for the purposes of Federal firearms prohibition.

I always thought "prison" and "jail" were interchangeable.

There's a significant difference between State Prison ("prison") and a County House of Correction ("jail").

I always thought "prison" and "jail" were interchangeable.

Not in the legal world they aren't. But in common usage they are. the Feds only have prisons I believe (but I am not sure) but most states have jails at the county level and prisons at the state level. Misdemeanors serve in jails, felonys in prisons. I suspect short sentence felons may see jail time in lieu of the trek into the prison system but I am not sure of that either. It's not an area I ever looked into in great detail.

ETA: Thinking about this, the Feds have to have detention centers where misdemeanents could possibly serve their time. Ie; those on trial without bail need a place to be. They would be near the courthouses or in them possibly. I just don't know where or how that works.

Last edited:
Not in the legal world they aren't. But in common usage they are. the Feds only have prisons I believe (but I am not sure) but most states have jails at the county level and prisons at the state level. Misdemeanors serve in jails, felonys in prisons. I suspect short sentence felons may see jail time in lieu of the trek into the prison system but I am not sure of that either. It's not an area I ever looked into in great detail.

Many states (such as California) will "farm out" their prisoners to county jails when overcrowding becomes an issue. Supposedly the class of offender is considered when making this decision. The Feds also farm out prisoners to county jails which is why Whitey is down in Plymouth County right now.

Always a good revenue stream for the local sheriff [wink]

What pisses me off is, WTF is the common sense? Why doesn't the principle just say give me that, and call mom and dad. Oh, thats right! The school administraters today are F***ING IDIOTS.

By the way the cops involved are also stupid F***S!!!

Agreed. However, to answer your question, the principal was probably in fear of his life of even looking at it let alone touching it whether it was a live cartridge or just a spent casing. [hmmm][puke]

I grew up in Milton and I remember going on a field trip to the Police station in probably the 4th grade (early 80's). The station had a range in the basement. At the end of the trip, everyone was given their own piece of spent brass to take back to school.

Back
Top Bottom