• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Strobe light on a pistol a-la Hit Girl

mikeyp

NES Member
I'm sure most people have seen Kick-Ass. Is it legal to have a strobe light on a pistol like that in Mass?

Hey it's not my fault they have all the half-arsed laws here and you have to ask questions. I searched strobe lights and didn't see anything, so I figured I'd ask.

First things first, great movie.

Second, be careful as you could be open to a lawsuit if you turn it on an attacker and said attacker is prone to siezures and hurts themself. [wink]

Plus if someone breaks into your house and sees a strobe light, they might start boogieing down making it that much hard to get a well placed shot off. haha

I can see it now: "the defendant used an evil black strobe light to disorient the helpless intruder and shot him with cop killer bullets from a high cap clip out of a Glock-47 assault machine gun"

I don't blame you for asking haha. The laws in this state surprise me more and more every day...[hmmm]

My work light will flash SOS, so if I mount that on my pistol I can defend my self and call for help at the same time, lol

I don't blame you for asking haha. The laws in this state surprise me more and more every day...[hmmm]

Exactly, I'd rather ask and know I wasn't inadvertently doing something illegal. Especially with the goofy laws in this state.

As a side note, I've found strobing a dog with my flashlight disorients it or confuses it. I've used it a few times when walking at night and it works like a charm. The dogs just kind of look at you like "WTF is going on?!?". Now, these aren't fully loaded cat-killer EBDs, but it beats getting nipped at by fluffy.

Hey it's not my fault they have all the half-arsed laws here and you have to ask questions. I searched strobe lights and didn't see anything, so I figured I'd ask.

Yes. We need to register flash lights. Anything over 1000 flickers per minute is considered an assault light. I don't know if the TLR-1 is on the AG approved list for weapon mounting. I'd call your local LTF office just to be sure. Our light laws are confusing at best.

Back
Top Bottom