• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Stray bullet from angle tree hits house

Just saw a report on WBZ TV that one got away and hit a house, will post a link when it gets on their website. They interviewed Ted "The Rat" Oven too.

If I was going to make a WAG I would be surprised if the complaint is legitimate, that place is so fuddy mc duddy that I'm surprised anyone shoots
there. Course it could have been a trespasser, too.

-Mike

They interviewed the home owner, showed the bullet hole. Then Ted imparted his wisdom. The reporter stood next to their berm and called it a 60' berm. Didn't look much higher than 30' or so.

If I was going to make a WAG I would be surprised if the complaint is legitimate, that place is so fuddy mc duddy that I'm surprised anyone shoots
there. Course it could have been a trespasser, too.

-Mike

They do take the fun out of it...

Still, seeing how it's set up I can't imagine a legitimate escape besides a ricochet.

Not even sure it was a .45 that went into the house. When the incident allegedly happened there was pin shooting going on and the news says they were using .45.

How come the window had a hole in it but not the screen? (0:41)

She later says that the screen had a hole, but I don't see it in the video. I suppose it could have been repaired but the window wasn't.

“I don’t want to shut them down, but why do they have bullets that go this far?” - so, we need bullets that fall to the ground after 100 yards?

The gun club has been around since 1924 but only recently received complaints. “Yes, two complaints in the past four months, police are trying to figure it out,” said Frank McLaughlin of the gun club.

Look for a kid (or wicked stupid adult) that recently moved into the neighborhood (or recently bought a gun). That's your guy.

I keep thinking about the woman who was interviewed a few years ago, says a bullet hit her house. She held up a complete cartridge for the camera. [rofl]

Doesn't mean the house wasn't hit. It's just that someone threw the cartridge at the house...lmao...

Does not sound reasonable that a 45 could travel that far at all never mind penetrate anything.
I know there are a lot of variables but I wonder how far a 45acp fired level at 5.5 feet off the ground would travel before ending up on the ground.
I don't have the energy to figure it out.

..45 cal muzzleloader bullets?

It is not shotgun or muzzleloader season for deer yet. (Next week)

There is the bear or coyote seasons - but given other options are available, .45 muzzleloader wouldn't be my first choice.

They showed a bullet on a floor in the beginning of the video - looks more like a .45 (acp) pistol round than a muzzleloader bullet to me.
Its technically still possible that somebody could have been hunting something with a .45acp, but still unlikely I think.

At the end of the video one homeowner states
"All the math in the world is not going to convince me it didn't come from the range"
Cool dude, I guess we know what your agenda is.

Last edited:
it was probably fired from a neighbor's house...or someone screwing around in the woods near those homes...

have to wait and see how the investigations turns out...

Had a issue at taunton that never went anywhere, but after the staties showed up asking what caliber I was shooting... I was a little worried.
Btw, you should have seen the cops face when I listed 12oz as a caliber, had to show him the can cannon :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom