State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
Also, why the **** are there not as much or more people going to the other states? Do you just not care because Deval isn't pushing your laws? Do you think you're immune?

- - - Updated - - -

Asking the wrong guy Milhouse... Beyond what I've posted here, I don't know anything you don't. This is a very loosely organized event.

that's what I thought [hmmm] Wish there was a way to relay your message to the other rallyers... I mean where is this even being organized for MA...

Anybody from the lower cape going that I could hitch a ride with? My car is ever-so-slightly ****ed, but I might just limp it up there anyway.

If you're man enough to ride with another man in a Miata then you're more than welcome to come along.I'm coming from Martha's Vineyard but we need everyone we can muster so I'll pick you up.

that's what I thought [hmmm] Wish there was a way to relay your message to the other rallyers... I mean where is this even being organized for MA...
In this thread. [wink]

This is where the magic is happening.

There may be others doing the same, but we are not aware of them. Such is the hazard of short notice.

we should definitely reach out to the veterans, what are some good organizations to contact? I am willing to send some emails while I pretend to work today

I have 2 seats left in the businessmobile leaving norwood between 11-11:15 PM me in you want a lift just pitch in for parking $12 devided by the number of asses, so far I got 2

Conflating and confusing your issues seems like a bad idea for a rally... Keep it simple. Keep it direct. There will no doubt be cause and opportunity to protest taxes some other day. Just a thought.

You need to draw attention. Taxes is good start. If you start with guns no one will read it. As I said. MA residents are stupid and brainwashed beyond repair (well they elected the Devil). Fist line should be about taxes - something that all those dushbags also oppose.

You need to draw attention. Taxes is good start. If you start with guns no one will read it. As I said. MA residents are stupid and brainwashed beyond repair (well they elected the Devil). Fist line should be about taxes - something that all those dushbags also oppose.
MA opposes taxes? You sure wouldn't know that by how they vote. [wink]

I stand by what I said. Not only is there an issue of confusing your message, but also dividing your messengers when you have people who agree 100% on the issue of the day but not everything (or anything) else.

Whether they pay attention depends on whether there enough people there, whether they can marginalize those people based on how they comport themselves, and how often they see such gatherings.

The signs themselves aren't deep content and you only get a few words out anyway. Long, detailed, overly cerebral messages just aren't getting through.

email from my senator.

Thank you for contacting our office.

Due to the hundreds of email messages we receive each day, it is difficult to respond to each specifically in a timely manner, but please know that your email will be read and that your opinion and/or concerns are greatly appreciated.

If you are writing regarding legislation, please make sure to provide your full name, mailing address, and phone number, as well as the docket number or bill number of the piece of legislation about which you are writing. Kindly be assured that I will fully review the legislation, including the information of proponents and opponents alike. You may track the legislation at www.malegislature.gov. Thank you for your interest in the legislative process.

If you are contacting me for assistance with a particular matter, e.g. housing, taxes, a state agency or authority issue, benefits or some other constituent issue, please call my State House office at 617-722-1494 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We will be happy to assist you with any problem.

If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me or call our office. Thanks again for your email.

John F. Keenan, Senator
Norfolk and Plymouth District
617-722-1494

email from my senator.

Thank you for contacting our office.

Due to the hundreds of email messages we receive each day, it is difficult to respond to each specifically in a timely manner, but please know that your email will be read and that your opinion and/or concerns are greatly appreciated.

If you are writing regarding legislation, please make sure to provide your full name, mailing address, and phone number, as well as the docket number or bill number of the piece of legislation about which you are writing. Kindly be assured that I will fully review the legislation, including the information of proponents and opponents alike. You may track the legislation at www.malegislature.gov. Thank you for your interest in the legislative process.

If you are contacting me for assistance with a particular matter, e.g. housing, taxes, a state agency or authority issue, benefits or some other constituent issue, please call my State House office at 617-722-1494 between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. We will be happy to assist you with any problem.

If you have any other questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me or call our office. Thanks again for your email.

John F. Keenan, Senator
Norfolk and Plymouth District
617-722-1494

Points for honestly or pissed because you got blown off? [laugh]

Taxes is a different issue altogether

You can make 2a issue with these keywords: Liberty, Tyranny, Protecting Family ...

I agree that this rally needs to stay focused on 2A rights but If anyone has any doubt about attending based on the pending federal and state firearm restrictions alone please do mention the recent:

- Federal 2% tax payroll increase
- Proposal to double the Mass gas tax
- Proposal to more than doubling RMV fees
- Proposal to increase state income tax by nearly 20% (5.25% to 6.25%)

Fundamentally I see this as a rally for Civil Liberties--THE BILL OF RIGHTS--and we are being violated in more ways than I can remember.

Called the offices of my MA Representative and Senator. Rep's office only took a message with my name, number, and the issue I called about. Senator's office asked me to send an email to the gentleman who answered the phone with more info about the even this weekend so he could pass the details on to her directly. Here is what I said, please feel free to steal as much as you find useful.

Mr. Williams,

We spoke briefly this afternoon about my opposition to much of the Governor's proposed "An Act To Strengthen and Enhance Firearms Laws in the Commonwealth", as well as the gathering occurring this Saturday, January 19th. The gathering is part of the "Guns Across America" rally taking place in state capitols across the country at noon on Saturday, and it is a peaceful demonstration for Americans to show their support for the second amendment, and remind the public that gun owners are part of our community. We are your neighbors, co-workers, friends, and relatives, and we are law abiding citizens and voters.

I recognize that Senator Jehlen is a very busy individual, but I wanted to extend an invitation to her to come talk with some of her constituents who feel strongly about these issues. In the event she does not have the opportunity to attend, I would be glad to talk with her further about my opposition to the proposed law, and would hope that she will oppose it as my representation in the Massachusetts Senate.

Thank you again for your time.

Update to the update... Spoke with BPD again (Captain Thomas Lee) to let him know that our numbers are growing.

1. At 240 (now 242) we are filling up the space in front of the State House. So, I will continue to keep him apprised to that they can manage any overflow into the street. What they have done in the past was cone off the first lane, but whether that is required depends on whether we get the full 240 all at the same time.

That estimate may (hopefully) be low if gun owners, who are not members here, respond to email blasts from GOAL, or their respective clubs. Facebook and Twitter may motivate participants as well.

The downside is, their behavior and mode of dress is out of our control. Control meaning they have not read our 'suggestions', although I recall the email from GOAL did mention that appearance is important.

I agree that this rally needs to stay focused on 2A rights but If anyone has any doubt about attending based on the pending federal and state firearm restrictions alone please do mention the recent:

- Federal 2% tax payroll increase
- Proposal to double the Mass gas tax
- Proposal to more than doubling RMV fees
- Proposal to increase state income tax by nearly 20% (5.25% to 6.25%)

Fundamentally I see this as a rally for Civil Liberties--THE BILL OF RIGHTS--and we are being violated in more ways than I can remember.

I agree 100%
this may be billed as a guns across America rally but it has everything to do with basic and valued American freedoms

I'm going to be a game-day decision based on how this useless ankle feels... at the very least i'll take the ride up and yell shit out my truck window at you homos.

I know I posted this on carpool thread, but I am taking the 10:28 out Middleboro/ Lakeville . Would be nice to have someone to talk shop with on the ride up. If you are in the area and come and get you for the train.....

Back
Top Bottom