State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
does anybody know anything about area parking I am having trouble finding much information. so far all i have is parking at south station

There's a huge garage under Boston Common that has reasonable weekend rates. Entrance is on Charles St between the common and the public garden. As mentioned, there's also metered street parking on Newbury, Boylston, Charles, and throughout downtown.

I am in. Do I have to prepare sign? The problem is if every person will have a sign no one will be able to read them

We'll have to compete with each other for the sign readers' attention. I'm planning on using a bright yellow sign with sequins, ribbons/streamers, and a strobe light.

no sign for me, anything I attempt to write or make will make me look like an illiterate gun nut stereotype that can't even print

I'm in I've recruited a handful of people and taken advantage of some contacts at the Globe.

I'd recommend parking on a side street in Newton (safe, free) and taking the green line in.

Mike

There's a huge garage under Boston Common that has reasonable weekend rates. Entrance is on Charles St between the common and the public garden. As mentioned, there's also metered street parking on Newbury, Boylston, Charles, and throughout downtown.

thanks 12 bucks all day on saturday 1,300 spaces looks like thats my plan unless i find the balls to ride the train from norwood

Anyone driving in who can swing $12 would do well to just park there, though did I read something somewhere about a $50 fine for lawfully carrying a concealed weapon on the common? All of the exits from that garage will put you out on the common.

boston parking, fyi

watch for height restrictions. Circle the Boston Gardens (next to the Commons) a couple times and you might just luck out with a metered spot.

http://boston.bestparking.com/#1

The Commons only has parking on Beacon St., and the traffic going up and around the Commons is awful. Some of the cross streets between Boylston and Stuart area also good places to look for street parking.

Some of the mall garages offer good discounts too if you buy something, but I'm not up-to-date on those offers.

Anyone driving in who can swing $12 would do well to just park there, though did I read something somewhere about a $50 fine for lawfully carrying a concealed weapon on the common? All of the exits from that garage will put you out on the common.

How will they know? And if they know, why won't they bag you for disturbing the peace or creating public panic or some other stupid ass thing? Or is it one of those things you pay the "fine" in cash to the LEO that pats you down?

Update to the update... Spoke with BPD again (Captain Thomas Lee) to let him know that our numbers are growing.

1. At 240 (now 242) we are filling up the space in front of the State House. So, I will continue to keep him apprised to that they can manage any overflow into the street. What they have done in the past was cone off the first lane, but whether that is required depends on whether we get the full 240 all at the same time.

2. I asked specifically about CCW, because, well, everyone was asking me and I could not answer, legally, or practically:
From Captain Thomas Lee (and thank you again to the good Captain, we clearly owe him a debt of gratitude):
(slight paraphrase, sorry):
As long as you are lawfully carrying (per the terms of your license) and have your licenses with you, there will be no issue carrying concealed where we will be on the sidewalk or in the "well" in front of the State House. His understanding is that this is City property and as such, provided you are lawfully licensed to do so, there is no prohibition to CCW there.

So, there is your answer from the BPD.

None of us can stress enough, PLEASE DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OPEN CARRY IN BOSTON.

Not even a little. Don't do it. [hmmm]

Bad for all of us to press this issue even with fake/mock firearms or empty holsters or any indication that you do or don't have a firearm on your person. Use all the discretion and good judgement you would on any other day ... concealed means concealed.

Those are some of my words and some of his, we are in complete agreement that if you carry that day, it is between you and your wardrobe and no one else wants to hear about it or see it.

A random thought - this will be close quarters, distracting and confusing do one degree or another compared to your average trip to the grocery store. My unsolicited, non-professional, certainly not legal or financial advice is to keep that in mind WRT the exact nature and choice of/to/not CCW.

I would not even want to hazard a guess of give ideas of what could go wrong to those who would like to see it go wrong, but it appears we are going to be standing room only. Use your imagination and then use your head.

BTW, he also mentioned the Mass State Police will not allow us on any part of the State-house grounds. There is a "park" there which we will not be allowed to go. Keep your eyes open for Boston or State Police trying to enforce these restrictions and observe the rules of the road.

My suggestion to the dongalonga is to get guidance from any officers around when you first arrive and relay to others as they arrive to minimize confusion.

I thinkl we should have less signs about guns (because pepole are dumb beyond repair) but about property forceful sale and confiscation.
something like:

WORRIED ABOUT RISE OF YOUR TAXES
START WORRYING ABOUT PROPERTY FORCEFUL SALE AND CONFISCATION

I thinkl we should have less signs about guns (because pepole are dumb beyond repair) but about property forceful sale and confiscation.
something like:

WORRIED ABOUT RISE OF YOUR TAXES
START WORRYING ABOUT PROPERTY FORCEFUL SALE AND CONFISCATION
Conflating and confusing your issues seems like a bad idea for a rally... Keep it simple. Keep it direct. There will no doubt be cause and opportunity to protest taxes some other day. Just a thought.

I'd caution you guys to appeal to the audience you need to appeal to, which is the Mass crowd. While we share many of the same staunch 2A views, we should be pushing the "we are good law abiding community members" image. Try to make yourselves and your groups appear visually as "normal" and "mainstream" as possible. This is about putting out a good image, look the part.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom