State Capitol Demonstration Megathread with Pics

Will you Attend/Which State

• Total voters
FOR THOSE IN NH ATTENDING SATURDAY PLEASE READ THIS!

http://www.pgnh.org/upcoming_local_2a_events_and_a_warning

Upcoming local 2A events - and a WARNING

[Posted Monday, January 14, 2013, at 11:05 p.m.]

Because of both announced and rumored anti-gun doings in the federal and New Hampshire governments, many organizations (including some new ones) and individuals are sponsoring pro-gun events both nationally and locally. Here are some events of local interest, starting on Saturday January 19... but first a WARNING: NH State law, RSA 111:15, suggests that if you openly display firearms in a group gathering, you are at risk of arrest and of having your firearms confiscated (as explained later in this article).

Saturday, January 19, 2013, starting at noon, in front of the NH State House in Concord: "Guns Across America" rally. "Bring a pro-gun, pro-2A sign." http://www.examiner.com/article/gun...s-being-organized-for-saturday-jan-19th-2013/ (Started by Eric Reed, an airline captain in Texas.)

Saturday, January 19, 2013, all day. "Gun Appreciation Day." "On 1.19.13 go to your local gun store, gun range or gun show with your Constitution, American flags and your 'Hands off my Guns' sign to send a loud and clear message to Congress and President Obama." http://gunappreciationday.com/ (Sponsored by Second Amendment Foundation and many, many other groups.)

Thursday, January 31, 2013, noon-2:00 p.m., NH State House in Concord: "Rally to Defend our Gun Rights in NH." http://www.meetup.com/rochester-912project/events/99325032/ "We will be presenting a resolution to the Governor, NH Senate and NH House stating that they have no authority to enact further gun control. ... This rally will be a success with your attendance." (Note: While this is not a project of Pro-Gun New Hampshire, organizer Jerry DeLemus is a PGNH member.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In addition, we received this message... AND PLEASE NOTE THE WARNING that follows it:

What: Open Carry Day political protest, rally, event
Where: On the capitol steps, sidewalk, Concord, NH
When: 4-15-2013, 4:00PM
Purpose: To practice, celebrate and enforce our right to bear arms
as well as the little known "open carry" practice in NH. To propose
state and local "nullification" legislation of any federal, state
or local law, dictatorial excutive order or international treaty
anethema to those natural rights pointed out in the US and NH
constitution.
What to do: Show up, open carry a pistol, unloaded rifle or
unloaded shotgun (unloaded and chamber open), make yourself heard.
Who: Speakers from pro gun rights groups as willing to voluteer and
yours truely will perform as CrowfeatheR: Metallica "don't tread on
me" and Foo Fighters "the pretender" karaoke style from the roof of
the van.

Discussion and input is welcome. If you would like to help
organize, be a speaker or craft proposed legislation outline please
respond. Otherwise please disseminate amongst liberty supporters to
get the word out and the ball rolling.
~ from the desk of Sean Nunnink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: NH State law, RSA 111:15, suggests that if you openly display firearms in a group gathering, you are at risk of arrest and of having your firearms confiscated. Here is the statute in its entirety:

111:15 Armed Civilian Groups. – No organization, society, club, post, order, league or other combination of persons, or civil group, or any members thereof, are authorized to assume any semblance of military organization or character by bearing or possessing rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs, or military weapons of any kind, or wearing a military uniform of any kind. Any person violating any of the provisions of this section or taking part in such military organization shall be guilty of a misdemeanor if a natural person, or guilty of a felony if any other person; and any rifles, pistols, sabres, clubs or other military weapons used in violation hereof shall be forfeited. This section shall not apply to regularly constituted military units under state or federal laws; and nothing in this section shall be construed as forbidding the possession and use of rifles for color guards or firing squad purposes, or the wearing of uniforms of a military character, by an organization composed wholly of veteran soldiers who participated in any war of the United States, or by any other recognized fraternal group of long-standing in the community which uses rifles or sabres merely as a part of its ritualistic exercises and which is not specifically disapproved by the President of the United States, the Department of Defense, or the governor.
Source. 1941, 46:15. RL 144:15. RSA 111:15. 1973, 528:42. 1981, 327:7, eff. Aug. 16, 1981

Is it a stretch to say that there's a risk of arrest and confiscation? How might an anti-gun state government official interpret "or other combination of persons, or civil group, or any members thereof"? How about “by bearing or possessing rifles, pistols, sabres, [or] clubs”?

…and before one argues that “…or other military weapons” should be interpreted to make an exception for non-military weapons (whatever they are), we point out that “clubs” aren’t ordinarily considered military weapons, but if they’re included in the statute, how could revolvers, for example, be considered excluded? No, the statute is drafted (in the "bearing or possessing" clause) so that rifles, pistols, sabres, AND clubs are considered "military weapons."

Fair or not, unconstitutional or not, do you want to have your guns thrown into a bucket for years while your case works its way up to the Supreme Court? Sure, it's a gamble... but gamble means risk.

I had not heard of this being an Open Carry event and had not planned on doing so. Now I definitely will NOT be OCing.

Are there any "Boston" Laws as far as carrying us from central ma need to know about. Also is the area we are going to be gathering considered a "Federal Building Property" just want to make sure im legal as I can be....

Has anyone considered the need for a permit? Just sayin... I hate to have thousands show up only to be turned away due to government red tape

Has anyone considered the need for a permit? Just sayin... I hate to have thousands show up only to be turned away due to government red tape
Again, already discussed and dealt with - I have contacted BPD directly.

In fact, I am contacting them again today to let them know that our original estimates are going to be a little low. [wink]

I have been tweeting it to all trying to get our numbers up and also told my club to send out an email to all members again to remind/know how important it is. please do the same thanks

I have called four local gun shops to spread the word in addition to calling every gun owning friend I have. I will be there. Let's act like a civilized group of peaceful assemblers to avoid being portrayed as "wing nuts".

I shall be taking the T in from Haverhill, if anyone else has this plan let me know by pm and we can make arrangements to meet.

I'm thinking of parking at Riverside and taking the green line in.... thoughts?

Maybe we can even meet at Riverside if there's a group of us

I prefer the woodland station, less crowded, same idea, right down the street.

no idea what my plans are at the moment but I can message you when I find out

anybody know places to park? I was going to take the purple line in but the schedules they run on arn't great for me getting back to work at a reasonable time plus I am always afraid I will screw it up and wind up in east japippy. was contemplating the 11:16 out of islington station in westwood on the purple line anybody else leaving from there?

Back
Top Bottom