• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield PD seizes "...assault rifle..."

DispositionMatrix

NES Member
Until shown otherwise I'm going to assume the "assault rifle" claim by George Graham in this MassLive heroin bust story is false, but the details are, of course, scant.
http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/12/springfield_police_seize_8300.html
SPRINGFIELD - Police seized 8,300 bags of heroin and arrested four suspects early Sunday after responding to a breaking and entering into a Mansfield Street apartment.

Police tracked the suspects to an apartment on Bryant Street. Along with the heroin, police seized two illegal guns and what they described as an assault rifle.

Arrested were: Frankie Portee, 34, of Springfield; Jocelin Negron, 26, of Springfield; Anthony Martinez, 28, of Chicopee and Timothy Callahan, 36 of Cheshire.

Any guesses on whether they'll do time for any of these charges?

As an aside, when I fill out an eFA-10, how do I account for defaced serial numbers?

That ghost assault rifle weapon is right there in the photo, it's in the new urban camouflage , "heroin dime bag".
you just can't see it

I read the article as well, and also noticed that the picture of the gun was omitted, when it's usually included. He also indicated that it was a high capacity "clip".

Over/under on Maura instructing the DA to offer lesser charges, at least on the "assault rifle," to prevent her illegal 7/20/16 shit from seeing the inside of a court room? I believe there was already at least one heroin bust elsewhere in the state with possession of an AR that never saw the light of day.

Probably because the PIO doesn't know what he's talking about. I got a SKS knocked down from 'Assault Rifle' when the writer asked me to proof read the media release. I said, just put it's a rifle, what you put makes it sound like it's a fully automatic M16 or AK47, it's a piece of s#it SKS for God's sake'.

I notice that nowhere in the list of charges ia a violation of the MA AWB. Probably because the S&W MP22 is NOT covered by the reinterpretation as it is a .22 rimfire weapon?

"The handguns -- a .40-caliber Glock and a Bersa SA .380-caliber -- were both loaded and had obliterated serial numbers. The rifle -- a Smith & Wesson MP22, with at least 20 rounds in a modified banana-style clip -- was reported stolen in Springfield, the report said."

At least the lawful owner will get his MP22 back now, right? Because he was a victim and did the right thing by reporting it stolen. That's the way it works, I'm sure of it.

"The handguns -- a .40-caliber Glock and a Bersa SA .380-caliber -- were both loaded and had obliterated serial numbers. The rifle -- a Smith & Wesson MP22, with at least 20 rounds in a modified banana-style clip -- was reported stolen in Springfield, the report said."

At least the lawful owner will get his MP22 back now, right? Because he was a victim and did the right thing by reporting it stolen. That's the way it works, I'm sure of it.
No bets. Since it was "used in a crime" it's evidence and usually after all is said and done, evidence of a crime is ordered destroyed.

Back
Top Bottom