• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Source for good hardcases?

Fooped

Resident HK Guru
Anyone have a favorite place that they get hardcases from? I have some REALLY crappy cases, and I'm ready to take them to the range and shoot them. I know you can spend big bucks on Pelican cases, but I'm hoping that someone here has a place to get some decent cases for reasonable money.

Anyone?

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com

I bought a couple of pelican cases on-line from here based on a recommendation in this forum. The prices are excellent - the lowest I saw anywhere - and they delivered promptly. These cases are heavy and sturdy , they are meant for serious protection from rough handling and the elements. Worth every penny IMHO.

I have both Pelian and Storm and I much prefer Storm cases. I find that the latches are much easier to operate compared to the Pelican.

I can't remember what you had the Romak in at the shoot but check out the Gunguard cases. They're cheap compared to high end air travel worthy stuff and work well. I can sight in 2 of my high end target rifles and bounce them around all the way home in my POS pickup and still return to the range days later to have them hold zero with no problems.
I've got plenty of Plano and Dosko cheap cases from sellers who insist on shipping rifles in these and they're ok for that or for open sight milsurps, but for holding 2 precision scoped rifles, I trust my case over them any day and it was only $60 or so when I bought it.

EPS is a good source for Hardigg Storm cases. I'm also done with all the cheap hard cases - and even some of the expensive ones. I had a Vanguard crack its first trip out. Done. Warranty be damned, they're not getting any new business from me. Pelican and Storm (the Storms are lighter, but less tough - but we're talking about which type of semi running over it can it take at this point[rofl]) are the only hard cases I'll buy now.

Don't know if y'all have access to Sam's club where you are, but I saw a Remington aluminum rifle case at my local(Bangor,ME) store for around 90 bucks. Seemed to be pretty rugged and IIRC, had wheels as well. Hope this helps.

Tyr this site http://www.cases2go.com/

This is who I used to order from and they're awesome and inexpensive compared to everyone else.One of my friends is a dealer now so that's who I use.Whatever you do DO NOT buy a pelican case if you want the best.They are crap,not completely watertight and difficult to open.They also are not that durable and way overpriced.I would recommend a Hardigg Sorm case as this is what I use and they are the only case approved by the military(mil-spec).We used to drop them from a helo at 60-70 feet and they are the only ones indestructible enough to hold up...repeatedly.They are built extremely rugged.Think of them as the Glock of cases.Just my 2 cents[smile]

You can also get them on E-bay pretty cheap even with shipping.

There are a bunch of surplus night vision goggle cases up on the ebays these days. I grabbed one for my pistols for $35 + shipping. They're made by thermodyne. I don't love the latches, but the case *is* very rugged and their customer service was excellent when I asked them to ship me a HASP kit.

They are the cheapest for an empty case,but they want $70.00 for the foam for the 3100.

I think you might want to recheck that.They have the 3100 listed empty for $148 and with foam included for $165.Generally foam isn't expensive unless you order "custom" interior foam.This is even better than MOST of the E-bay prices.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom