So i got another email from Senator Brown's campaign...

StevieP

NES Member
The email was decrying the sleezy tactic the Warren campaign is running, by having her daughter's company use taxpayer money to ensure all the welfare recipients are registered to vote. It's sleezy, and shameful, but still not enough for me to actively support Senator Brown.

Here was my response email:

Hello “Jim.”

As I’ve said in previous emails to the campaign, and to callers as well…

I *WANT* to actively support Scott Brown. He’s probably a hell of a lot better than Warren (& I agree with the ‘sleezy’ comment below).

I am an INDEPENDENT voter. But I do vote.

I will most likely vote for Scott. But you won’t see a bumper sticker, lawn sign, or positive comment “recruiting others to come out & vote for Scott” on my Facebook page. Nope. Nuh uh. Not this time.

Here’s how Scott can get me fully on-board with his campaign.

FULLY SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

I know he’s got to pander to the middle on many issues in order to keep/get the few liberal independent voters out there who may vote for him. But I don’t want a Republican In Name Only (RINO). He can go to the middle all he wants on just about any other issue.

But on GUNS and GUN CONTROL, there should be no argument. He should be against any further gun control. It has been proven over and over again that it does not work. It only serves to disarm the law-abiding, and restrict our ability to live freely. Pandering to the left on this particular issue does nobody any favors. It’s allowing myths, lies, and lack of reason to survive, and I’m getting tired of it.

The “assault weapons ban” didn’t prevent a single crime. To suggest that leaving it “up to the states to decide” is a complete and utter cop out.

To deny support for law-abiding Americans who are licensed to carry in their home state the ability to carry anywhere by not supporting the National Right to Carry Reciprocity Bill, is similarly, a complete and utter cop out.

“States issues” my ass!

Senator Brown would be well-served to spend a few minutes learning the truth about guns:

http://www.gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.1/gun_facts_6_1_screen.pdf

Maybe he should talk to the people at Gun Owners’ Action League (goal.org), or Commonwealth Second Amendment (Comm2a.org), and get his “finger on the pulse” of real, honest, law-abiding, gun-owning AND VOTING Americans living in Massachusetts.

Maybe if he took a stronger stand against Mayors Menino (well-intentioned, but truly ill-advised) and Bloomberg (the ill-advisor!), and stood with freedom loving Americans everywhere, maybe then you’d get a campaign contribution from me. As it is, I’m mostly voting for you to counteract my two college-aged sons who ARE voting for Ms. Warren.

So I’m sorry to be a “single issue voter” but that’s how I honestly feel.

Thank you, and good luck with your campaign. As I said, I’ll vote, but I won’t campaign nor will I donate. Not this time. Nuh uh.

-Steve

That was great. Sums up how I feel too.

Every time they call looking for donations, I explain Scotts lack of support for gun rights.

I was enthusiastic in the past for him and donated some money.

Not any more.

I'll still vote for him though.

In 2012, in this go around, in what is likely the most important election of our lifetime....I don't understand the one-issue voter. If I understand your post, since Scott Brown has failed you on RTKBA, you will take your chances with Warren. I hear the same thing (about this issue or a social issue) where Romney has failed the would-be supporter, so they won't support him. IMHO, 1. If we don't get spending under control, nothing else matters. 2. If Obama is this arrogant in his first term, can you imagine a second term? 3. We finally have a GOP Senator from Massachusetts, why give that up?

You can be right, right now, or you can be successfull in the long run. We all need to choose and get off the sidelines.

I walked into the headquarters to work the phones for Richard Tisei, running for U.S. Congress in my district against John Tierney. I let the folks that were running the place know that Brown isn't getting the same support as last time out from the gun owners and that I was really there to work for Tisei even though the phone calls I made included both candidates. They understood and were actually agreeable.

Hello “Jim.”

As I’ve said in previous emails to the campaign, and to callers as well…

I *WANT* to actively support Scott Brown. He’s probably a hell of a lot better than Warren (& I agree with the ‘sleezy’ comment below).

I am an INDEPENDENT voter. But I do vote.

I will most likely vote for Scott....

THIS is where they will stop reading. Sorry to break it to you, you don't need to be convinced to do what he wants, you just admitted you will.

THIS is where they will stop reading. Sorry to break it to you, you don't need to be convinced to do what he wants, you just admitted you will.

We will all vote for him.

I am just not giving him my money or my time volunteering.

StevieP, Excellent post!!! I feel what you are saying and can relate to your frustration too.

In 2012, in this go around, in what is likely the most important election of our lifetime....I don't understand the one-issue voter. If I understand your post, since Scott Brown has failed you on RTKBA, you will take your chances with Warren. I hear the same thing (about this issue or a social issue) where Romney has failed the would-be supporter, so they won't support him. IMHO, 1. If we don't get spending under control, nothing else matters. 2. If Obama is this arrogant in his first term, can you imagine a second term? 3. We finally have a GOP Senator from Massachusetts, why give that up?

You can be right, right now, or you can be successful in the long run. We all need to choose and get off the sidelines.

I am also relating to the points that UFO is making. I to am an independent. My feeling is we ALL need to pull together to get Obama out of there. We also need to do what we can to get the lesser of all evils elected which this time is a less that perfect Mr. Brown. I know that I need to push my relatives to back me up on this one, as they will most likely (follow the sheep and) just go with the democrats again.

OK. Don't donate money, but please help to convince your friends and relatives to help back us up on this one. We may not get a DO OVER, if we let this pass us by... My 2 cents...

You can be right, right now, or you can be successfull in the long run. We all need to choose and get off the sidelines.

I think you are under the false pretense that there are any candidates running in almost any election anywhere this year that aren't going to lie to us, then take turns laughing as they pick up thier check from us, and then take turns collectivly taking a dump on the constitution. They all lie and if you want to vote for somthing then I vote you stock up on food and ammo and maybe a generator with some fuel and get ready for harder times.

I think you are under the false pretense that there are any candidates running in almost any election anywhere this year that aren't going to lie to us, then take turns laughing as they pick up thier check from us, and then take turns collectivly taking a dump on the constitution. They all lie and if you want to vote for somthing then I vote you stock up on food and ammo and maybe a generator with some fuel and get ready for harder times.

Those candidates exist, but they are unelectable. I read it here so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom