Simmons 8-Point Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte
Product #: 417845Manufacturer #: 510514
$29.99
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=417845

Simmons 22 Mag Rimfire Rifle Scope 4x 32mm Truplex Reticle Matte with Rings
Product #: 267844Manufacturer #: 511022
$34.99
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=267844

These look the same other than field of view is a few feet off and the second one comes with rings. Think this would be good on a .22 (Ruger 10/22)? Anything else needed than the rings?

Both of these come with 25% off coupon.

Go with the one with out rings, this way you can buy rings that fit your needs in regards to height and mounting opitions.

I have one of the 22 mag scopes on a 10/22. Its ok but there are better choices out there for a few $ more. Look into the White Tail Classic scopes. Lots of people on rimfire central swear by them.

Go with the one with out rings, this way you can buy rings that fit your needs in regards to height and mounting opitions.

And those would be? (For Ruger 10/22)

I have one of the 22 mag scopes on a 10/22. Its ok but there are better choices out there for a few $ more. Look into the White Tail Classic scopes. Lots of people on rimfire central swear by them.

Any purchasing info on these? Who makes them? How much is "a few $ more"?

I'm looking for something with decent brightness. Might even consider a 1.5x-4x 30mm tube, but for some reason, those only seem available in the high end (thousands of $$) models.

Last edited:
Those 50mm are just too big for me. The Weaver 4x28 seems OK, but doesn't look much different than the Simmons.

Those 50mm are just too big for me. The Weaver 4x28 seems OK, but doesn't look much different than the Simmons.

Its the clarity and brightness of the Weaver Classic that makes a world of difference compared to the Simmons 22 mag scope. I shot both side by side one day at the range. I had a Simmons, a friend of mine had a Weaver. Both on 10/22s and after looking through the Weaver, I wanted to toss my Simmons into the woods.

http://swfa.com/Ruger-C2616.aspx
I've heard nothing but great reviews of this mount.

There are tons of bases and rings available for the 10/22,the most important thing to find is rings that put the scope closet to the rifle as possible. This lessens the need to raise your off the stock to see though the scope.

Do you plan on changing the configuration of the 10/22 from stock? If not then a simple Weaver mount such as this http://swfa.com/Ruger-C2471.aspx

When it comes to rings it's best to see what the scope manufacture recomends for height for said scope. Most times with a scope having a 40mm obj or smaller low height rings will work. Notice I said most times.

Like Ray said I would look into a better brand of scope. Mueller has a great reputation and a huge following amongst the rimfire shooters on RFC. The upside is the scope retails for about $115.00 dollars for a matte black if I remember correctly.

My question is what do you plan to do with the rifle? Do you have plans to upgrade the barrel and stock tomake it a target gun. Do you plan to keep it stock and use it for small game hunting,if so what game are you after?

Knowing what your end result will help give me and others give some ideas on what would be good on a 10/22 for a scope set up.

Last edited:
Just your basic .22 for plinking, target shooting, and some hunting maybe. Guys, this is a .22 I paid $100 for. I don't compete and don't ever plan to compete. I was just seeing if there is one scope which stands out above the rest as far as performance.

Its the clarity and brightness of the Weaver Classic that makes a world of difference compared to the Simmons 22 mag scope. I shot both side by side one day at the range. I had a Simmons, a friend of mine had a Weaver. Both on 10/22s and after looking through the Weaver, I wanted to toss my Simmons into the woods.

The fact that I was considering a 1" scope over the smaller $20 3/4 "rimfire" scopes is enough of a jump. I don't plan on spending more than $50 for this. I'd imagine the Simmons is a "world of difference" better than those, which by the way, are on an extremely large number of .22's across the country, and have been for many decades!

Actually, something like this, at a better price, is what I would like to find:

Burris 2.75x20 Scout Scope
Stock # - 200269

Another runner-up:
Burris 2-7x26 Timberline Rifle Scope

I like the compactness of these. Preferable would be a fixed power (for simplicity) or low magnification zoom like 2-7x or something. 20-28 for the objective size is fine. Ideally, it would be available in a 30mm barrel to let the max light through, but those are upwards of $1200 for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Just saw a Simmons "44 Mag" scope at Dick's Sporting Goods.

It was "on sale" at something like $97 ticket price.

The guy scanned it and said it was marked down for clearance at somewhere around $52.

It is still a bit big for my desires, but the markdown seems significant. Or is this just Red Chinese junk?

I want something compact, (think 4x30 or 4x32), but want decent clarity and good in low light (think dawn and dusk), so what about 30mm tube?

I'd like to keep it under $100, but want to avoid the "rimfire" scopes with the tiny tubes.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom