Sig P938 Fanboys Unite

As for holsters I have a Klipt by Blade-Tech, as a left hander (not left winger) there's not a lot of options. If you're a righy - options are available but I'm still a Blade-Tech fan boi - the chit just woiks...so to speak.

I had an issue with the zqi in my p938. The case head area had a light coat of rust. I had a bunch of failure to ignite due to hard primers. I confirmed this was an ammo issue buy running a mag of my carry ammo through the gun flawlessly. I think I got a bad batch.

Sent from my C6522N using Tapatalk

Same with mine, did not like the zqi ammo. Barely indented the primer even when it fired. Had about 7 FTF out of 100, also ran some Federal fmj and my carry ammo to double check it was the zqi. The differences in primer strikes was night and day, I'll save the zqi for other handguns

- - - Updated - - -

As for holsters I have a Klipt by Blade-Tech, as a left hander (not left winger) there's not a lot of options. If you're a righy - options are available but I'm still a Blade-Tech fan boi - the chit just woiks...so to speak.

I also love Blade-Tech, but went with a concealment express IWB kydex holster for my p938, great holster too!

Just a heads up for all you 938 owners.. Last range trip ran 100 rounds down the pipe, got home, proceeded to break down the gun to clean and lo an behold no spring guide rod. Had a wtf moment then went back to the range and found it on the ground. Make sure it's screwed in tight to the head piece and I'd advise some precautionary locktite. IMO not the best idea to make it a two piece part in the first place.

Just a heads up for all you 938 owners.. Last range trip ran 100 rounds down the pipe, got home, proceeded to break down the gun to clean and lo an behold no spring guide rod. Had a wtf moment then went back to the range and found it on the ground. Make sure it's screwed in tight to the head piece and I'd advise some precautionary locktite. IMO not the best idea to make it a two piece part in the first place.

so the recoil guide rod spring came out of the gun while shooting?

Mine came loose too. Called sig and they sent me a new guide rod and newer heavier duty spring. Great coustomer service. He wasn't supprised at all when I told him it came loose. I guess it's not that uncommon. He recomended locktite.

Last edited:
Correct Lima. On a recent range trip I noted it was not a fluke thing. After shooting about 50 rounds, with the slide locked back exposing the guide rod I was able to hand tighten it multiple revolutions.

Thought about contacting sig as I have no doubt they would send me a new rod, but just ended up using some locktite. Shouldn't be an issue now.

Last edited:
Answering my own question:

maxresdefault.jpg

Mine came loose too. Called sig and they sent me a new guide rod and newer heavier duty spring. Great coustomer service. He wasn't supprised at all when I told him it came loose. I guess it's not that uncommon. He recomended locktite.

so the spring they sent you is stronger? i need to call Sig because i'm convinced the standard recoil spring is too weak and also crapped out after approx 1k rounds now. i can feel the slide overcycling and ejection has become violent.

any idea how much stronger the spring is?

thx in advance

so the spring they sent you is stronger? i need to call Sig because i'm convinced the standard recoil spring is too weak and also crapped out after approx 1k rounds now. i can feel the slide overcycling and ejection has become violent.

any idea how much stronger the spring is?

thx in advance

If I remember correctly, it was around the 1.2K-1.5K mark that a recoil spring replacement was recommended, possibly sooner if +P loads are used. Also similar in dimensions, they a have a different spring rate so don't confuse with a P238.

Not snappy at all. I would say the P938 has an easier recoil impulse than the shield IMO....dont get me wrong i dig the shield too.

P938 meant to be cocked and locked, condition 1. Perfectly safe....striker guns are carried in almost-fully-cocked condition w no thumb safety and everyone seems to be cool w that!

2 other wins on the P938 are that the slide can be racked w safety engaged and the 6 round mags fit in the pocket super nicely....no chunky baseplate to get in the way. It another reason I love the kahr PM9 the mags are straight winning in the pocket.

I just picked up one of these gems and had to re-read this thread to familiarize myself with the hub-bub. One of the first things I noticed is I couldn't rack the slide with the safety on. Once cocked, the slide can be racked with the safety on, but not before. I also can't cock the hammer manually with the safety on.

It doesn't fill the niche I was looking to fill (replace the BG380) but was more of an impulse buy. I certainly don't regret it by any stretch.

Does anybody have any issues with the ambi safety hitting the knuckle on their index finger? I can't say whether it is or isn't an issue just yet, but it feels like it could be.

Now I just have to get some mags and a pocket holster for it and I'll be good to go. Well, that and put some rounds through it. For now I'm dry firing and racking the slide to help break it in while I wait for my next range trip. The holster that comes with it seems fine for range use but that's about it.

I really like my 938 as an easy to conceal carry firearm - compact, light, very concealable and gets the job done as a 9mm if/when needed. You forget you're carrying it in the right holster- a Milt Sparks VM II or a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder based on personal experience.

My summer carry

Update: Carried it in a pocket carry holster all summer. Hide away nicely in cargo pants or shorts. It also fits in a pancake holster for a 1911 Shot a couple magazines of ammo each time I went to the range along with whatever I was shooting. Can still hit paper plates at 20 yards with no problem.
Going back to my .45 Commander for winter but will still keep the 938 close by.

I prefer to carry mine in an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0. Nerver knew it was there most of the time.

I am not a fan of Alien Gear. I ordered both the tuck 2.0 and the leather one. Both holes in the backing material were shifted to far left which resulted in the saftey of the gun falling off the leather and engaging. [shocked] Needless to say I returned them promptly and went with a N8^2 holster
9edd3cbf-5ca9-4049-ae45-d2877e245f8b.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

I will have to check mine out. I would hate for that to be an issue for me since I like the holster so much.

I am not a fan of Alien Gear. I ordered both the tuck 2.0 and the leather one. Both holes in the backing material were shifted to far left which resulted in the saftey of the gun falling off the leather and engaging. [shocked] Needless to say I returned them promptly and went with a N8^2 holster
9edd3cbf-5ca9-4049-ae45-d2877e245f8b.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

Last night I did a complete break down to give it a good internal cleaning as it has picked up lots of pocket lint. After 2K rounds, the trigger and hammer interface are properly broken in. To my surprise, I would say the majority of the trigger pull weight as well as a slight grittiness is attributed to spring in the actual trigger that engages the trigger bar and the perceived trigger creep is associated with the firing pin blocker rotating out of the way by the trigger bar before the sear is dis-engaged from the hammer.

Shot mine for the first time yesterday and I love it. I was grouping a little low-left (imagine that) but at 7-10 yds they were pretty tight. What most impressed me was how comfortable it is to shoot. It handled equally well with both the flush and extended mag. Sig is slowly winning me over.

I can safely consider the BG380 replaced.

My wife picked up a P938 today after trying the Glock 42 and 43, Shield 9, P238, and a Glock 19.

I must say, it blows my LC9s out of the water with regards to felt recoil even though they are only 1g different without a mag.

I just picked up a 938 Extreme. I love everything about this gun including how much better I can shoot it over my 642, no surprise there. My hand is getting arthritis and the single action trigger helps.
My LGS posted up that he had gotten five of them in and there was one left back in November or early December. He said at $540.00 it won't last long. Well at the end of December I figured I would give it a long shot and asked him if it was available. It was to my disbelief. I snapped it right up.

What's the grease everyone's using on the rails? Is it Froglube?

Last edited:
I just picked up a 938 Extreme. I love everything about this gun including how much better I can shoot it over my 642, no surprise there. My hand is getting arthritis and the single action trigger helps.
My LGS posted up that he had gotten five of them in and there was one left back in November or early December. He said at $540.00 it won't last long. Well at the end of December I figured I would give it a long shot and asked him if it was available. It was to my disbelief. I snapped it right up.

What's the grease everyone's using on the rails? Is it Froglube?

Take the grip screws out and apply low strength locktite on them. As for the rails I just oil it, since it's my EDC grease attracts dirt like you wouldn't believe.

Take the grip screws out and apply low strength locktite on them. As for the rails I just oil it, since it's my EDC grease attracts dirt like you wouldn't believe.

Thanks. I have Hoppes gun oil in a small bottle. I added some drops to the rails where the aluminum was showing. I wasn't sure because some of the peeps over the sig forum and some in the earlier posts slather them up. Someone mentioned they were worried about the frame wearing out because it's aluminum. I have a Beretta 92 and keep it fairly dry and there isn't any discernible wear, hell the M9's in the Military go through hell. I watched Hickock shoot one and the thing was dripping with oil,lol.

I bought a Desantis Inside Heat for it for the time being as waiting for it to come in. I'll be practicing drawing and flipping the safety with it, but I'm looking for a good quality leather holster that's molded up to the safety. Doesn't seem to be a lot being made. I saw one, but the mold he was using has the safety off. A small detail, but critical. I do feel fairly confident the safety would stay on at 4:00 IWB without the safety covered, but having it covered is just another bit of safety. Hoping IWB will keep the lint to a minimum. Not a fan of hybrids even though they work pissa.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom