• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Sig P938 Fanboys Unite

I bought a Desantis Inside Heat for it for the time being as waiting for it to come in. I'll be practicing drawing and flipping the safety with it, but I'm looking for a good quality leather holster that's molded up to the safety. Doesn't seem to be a lot being made. I saw one, but the mold he was using has the safety off. A small detail, but critical. I do feel fairly confident the safety would stay on at 4:00 IWB without the safety covered, but having it covered is just another bit of safety. Hoping IWB will keep the lint to a minimum. Not a fan of hybrids even though they work pissa.

I'm in the process of looking for a new holster. The first I tried was an alien gear and that was the worst ever, first was that the firearm didn't fit on the backing leather as in they did a piss poor job molding the kydex and just flat out failed. It was so bad that the safety was sliding off and disabling itself. I cut it up and threw it in the garbage, and utter piece of shat. I then went to a N8^2'ed holster which had all the retention in the world, though it had to much and I couldn't draw it when I needed to, usually ended up pulling the whole holster out with it. Which leaves me where I currently am with a Undertech undershirt which works quite well. I will say I'm looking into a slim IWB holster and the G2 by Urban Carry and the QCC by Jm4 have me interested.

Also I have the scorpion with a durakote finish and have about 2K rounds through it and the aluminium rails have yet to wear.

I'm in the process of looking for a new holster. The first I tried was an alien gear and that was the worst ever, first was that the firearm didn't fit on the backing leather as in they did a piss poor job molding the kydex and just flat out failed. It was so bad that the safety was sliding off and disabling itself. I cut it up and threw it in the garbage, and utter piece of shat. I then went to a N8^2'ed holster which had all the retention in the world, though it had to much and I couldn't draw it when I needed to, usually ended up pulling the whole holster out with it. Which leaves me where I currently am with a Undertech undershirt which works quite well. I will say I'm looking into a slim IWB holster and the G2 by Urban Carry and the QCC by Jm4 have me interested.

Also I have the scorpion with a durakote finish and have about 2K rounds through it and the aluminium rails have yet to wear.

I have a Kusiak leather holster for my BG .380. I may at some point get another one. It isn't stitched like your regular leather holster. The leather seems to be epoxy impregnated. I like it. Very comfortable.

If you like the hybrids check out Keyhole Holsters. He's on this site and has a webpage. The Kusiak come with a magazine carrier also.

I have a Milt Sparks VM II and a Garrett Industries Silent Thunder - both are very good holsters. The VM II being all leather is definitely more comfortable and form fits to your body over time. The Silent Thunder is not really that uncomfortable but you notice the difference between a Kydex holster and a leather holster when you swap them out. Ease of on/off definitely favors the Silent Thunder which is really nice if you need to disarm several times a day for various reasons.

I just looked at the VMll. They look like they're right up my alley. Thanks. I like the leather loops over a metal clip. My Summer Comfort, I put my belt through the loops and the holster falls into place when I thread the belt through the pants.

Last edited:
I use a Crossbreed Minituck for the P938 and it is awesome. Once broken in you can't feel the gun, it sits tight and is easy to draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine out this morning (while waiting for the snowpocalypse) for a quick 60 rounds. I don't get a chance to shoot it very often, but every time I do I'm amazed how well I can hit with it. Amazing little shooter.

Took mine out this morning (while waiting for the snowpocalypse) for a quick 60 rounds. I don't get a chance to shoot it very often, but every time I do I'm amazed how well I can hit with it. Amazing little shooter.

I did the same thing. Today I shot it better than my Beretta. This gun changed my whole CCW. It's going to be my EDC and now I have to practice drawing and flipping the safety.

Had a P938, just too small for me and pretty snappy recoil wise with +P.

I have large hands and just couldn't get a good hold on it. G43 fit so much better. I actually will put hundreds of rounds down range with the G43, with the p938 I didnt even want to shoot it. Even worse was the bodyguard 380. I shot that thing 5 times and it sits in my safe waiting to be sold.

Had a P938, just too small for me and pretty snappy recoil wise with +P.

I have large hands and just couldn't get a good hold on it. G43 fit so much better. I actually will put hundreds of rounds down range with the G43, with the p938 I didnt even want to shoot it. Even worse was the bodyguard 380. I shot that thing 5 times and it sits in my safe waiting to be sold.

What grain rounds were you using?

I have found 147 grn to really mitigate the snappiness quite well.

Back
Top Bottom