Sig P938 Fanboys Unite

I like my 938 and it is my ccw, but it had break-in issues that did go away. Rear sight had a small piece of metal chip off from use (not dropping), front sight was off from factory, firing pin spring broke in half at 3-4k rounds, took sig 1.5 weeks to mail me the spring and would not sell me an extra. This is my first and last Sig.

Check out Lok grips, good price, great fit, super thin, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NA9WXCQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just picked up a 938 what are you using for carry ammo?

my P938 has been reliable with any brass cased ammo....i think your choice of carry ammo is a more general question aside from the P938 specifically. mine even cycles great on the super lightweight 50gr liberty defense ammo although i'm not sold on the idea behind this bullet. anyway there are tons of threads on the topic of 9mm carry ammo.

2ynihiv.jpg

This is the #1 issue and gripe I have, though there are aftermarket triggers out there that solve the issue, I have yet to have any experience with one.

Quite inteesting cuz I have never had any such issue...but the gap at bottom of trigger is smaller on mine?

Yes. If you put more than 150 rounds down the pipe one day. the trigger will hurt your trigger finger. I have found third part company provide a steel trigger but the gap is still there. so I am waiting for something better comes out.

w_engineering_triggers4-e1395000450101.jpg

It's almost as if they designed the trigger off a 1911 that pivots rather than sliding. I think that the gap is required to clear the trigger guard as the trigger is pulled. To bad I don't have a 3D printer to design a better one in which there isn't a point, but rather a larger radius.

Last edited:
Looks good. I will get one too.

I watched this video, the trigger pin takes alot!! of force to budge, needed my 3lb hammer, anything smaller wouldn't budge it, plus that pin is round, need on opened punch, like a nail set punch, so it wouldn't roll of the pin and mar the gun. You'll likely need to re-blue the end of the pin, have one of these handy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TTIEY6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjtTZTKGn3g

I watched this video, the trigger pin takes alot!! of force to budge, needed my 3lb hammer, anything smaller wouldn't budge it, plus that pin is round, need on opened punch, like a nail set punch, so it wouldn't roll of the pin and mar the gun. You'll likely need to re-blue the end of the pin, have one of these handy

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TTIEY6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjtTZTKGn3g

thanks, noted.

I've had my 938 for a year or so. No malfunctions what so ever. Feeds , ejects and hits what I aim at. What else is there!
Still want to try the Glock 43 for pocket carry though.

Another thing i notice about P938 that worth mention. The magazine spring always push two carriages out. So when you rack the slide, and unload the magazine. then you will notice a loose cartridge falls out as well. This is very dangerous if people don't notice it. There is still one alive round in the chamber. It's easy for careless people assume that's the round which falls out of chamber. Some pistol do function that way. please explain it to others when you let them use your weapon.

Another thing i notice about P938 that worth mention. The magazine spring always push two carriages out. So when you rack the slide, and unload the magazine. then you will notice a loose cartridge falls out as well. This is very dangerous if people don't notice it. There is still one alive round in the chamber. It's easy for careless people assume that's the round which falls out of chamber. Some pistol do function that way. please explain it to others when you let them use your weapon.

uhh.....what?

IvIax is referring to the fact that often times when you drop a full mag, one or sometimes two rounds pop out of the magazine and fall out of the grip. You still have to rack the slide (after dropping the full mag) to empty the chamber of a live round.

how would a round falling out of a magazine have anything to do with a live round in chamber?
either some peeps are thinking too hard or medication dose needs to be increased again.

might have to pick up a 938 just so i can add that aluminum trigger!
but seriously...
I havent tried one yet. Thinking about it. I have an original Mustang Pocketlite. Love the gun, hate the tiny sights. Dont want to trade that one in, and have regrets. Will have to keep both..

might have to pick up a 938 just so i can add that aluminum trigger!
but seriously...
I havent tried one yet. Thinking about it. I have an original Mustang Pocketlite. Love the gun, hate the tiny sights. Dont want to trade that one in, and have regrets. Will have to keep both..

The 938 has the Sig night sights, which are pretty good.

The 938 has the Sig night sights, which are pretty good.

yup. thats one for the plus column. Also, sold my only 9mm a while back and still have a few hundred rounds that need a gun.

I have looked into having the mustang slide machined for Novak night sights. For what that would cost, the money would go a long way toward a 938. I have handled and dry fired a 938 at a shop. Just not tried one at the range.

It is just an observation that when you drop a full magazine in the P938 it tends to dump one or two rounds out of the magazine. A live round in the chamber, is still a live round in the chamber.

Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom