Show on ABC's 20/20 Tonight (4-10): "If I only had a gun"

OK, gthey're showing some person who has 0 practice CCing and they throw him into a stress situation - and then make a big deal out of his inability to draw and react

OK, gthey're showing some person who has 0 practice CCing and they throw him into a stress situation - and then make a big deal out of his inability to draw and react

Yeah... and of course the BG went right after the guy that just happened to have the gun. This is completely biased IMO.

An airsoft commando. That is who their star defender is in the classroom attack. Such a pathetic report.

Why don't they have people who actually carry guns in this pathetic show.

And more untrained people, put under stress, and then they talk about how stress makes things more difficult? Well, if they had practiced as much as most who carry, and were familiar with firearms, and the firearm they had, the outcome would be much different

An airsoft commando. That is who their star defender is in the classroom attack. Such a pathetic report.

Why don't they have people who actually carry guns in this pathetic show.

Because that would negate their purpose which is to discourage anyone from buying a gun.

This whole show was driven by the increase in gun purchases and this is designed to try and slow/stop that.

Bet you $100 this show was rewritten after the shootings earlier in the week. My guess is it was more neutral. Stossel was supposed to be doing it and he's not - I bet there was a full re-do.

They are putting completely untrained Guinea pigs against pseudo bad guys that are shooting instructors and know where the Guinea pig is in the room. In real life, it's the other way around. The BG has probably never shot his gun, you know where he is, and he has no idea you have a gun.

Uhhhhhhgggggg!

they pretty much were engaging the kids right away... they took out the "teacher" first and then almost immediately targeted the kid with the gun.

It's ridiculously biased. The message is, in a nutshell, "Carrying a gun does not keep you safer and, in fact, may put your more at risk."

Then, just to rub salt in the wound, they just showed a preview of what's coming up: a report on the 8 year old boy who shot himself with the Ouzi out in Westfield.

THIS IS SO BIASED. I hate the liberal, left-wing media scumbags. They hate knowing that law-abiding citizens own guns. But I'm sure that most of them have armed security guards, like Rosie O'Donnell does (remember when she fought with Selleck about guns?).

Damn, this ticks me off!

The one kid who did have "experience" failed but notice the "bg" honed right in on him from the get go. This is going to piss me off but its like a train wreck i just have to watch [angry]

I guess im safer trying to negotiate with phsycopaths, cuz if i had a gun, they might shoot me with theirs or gasp... mine. doesnt compute!

They made a big deal of the one girl who did hit the BG got hit herself. and tried to imply the hit on the BG wasn't that bad

She got him right over the femoral artery. It was a killing shot. So what she got hit too. If she hadn't had a gun she was dead anyway.

If I'm going to die to a maniac with a gun, he's coming with me.

Not only can I not stand to watch it anymore, I can't even stand to read about it here. Simply disgusting.

"A child is killed every other day in an accidental shooting".

Not that even one is acceptable BUT, that's 182 a year out of how many TEN'S OF MILLIONS of kids? I bet more die from head trauma on their bicycles or skateboards or in a car accident.

Back
Top Bottom