• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Show Me Your LTC", said the LEO....

When have you been told to produce your LTC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
this is a post made by Dr Grant, in another thread:

I didn't post that implying a bad outcome; just stating that there are going to be 2 camps at the end, although this issue is even more ambiguous than that one because of it's even less common nature... if I took a survey here of the number of people pinged for an LTC on a casual LE encounter the numbers would be very low.

Interesting.

Therefore, a Poll.

Please post details about when it happened.

At a gun store for a purchase does not count.

Last edited:
Only once has a PO ever asked to see my LTC.
I was towing a car for him, and when I was bending over to hook it up, he saw the bulge of my "Roscoe" in an IWB holster.
He asked me "are you packing?", I replied "Yes, wouldn't you if you were doing my job?"
He then asked to see my LTC, so I showed it to him and he was satisfied. He never called it in or ran a record check.

Never, but I'm surprised because my license plate is gun related. I was pulled over with a couple of firearms in the trunk (before I got the gun plate, but I was a MA resident at that point), but the cop just wrote me a huge speeding ticket.

Am I in a state that requires it by law? If so, I would if I was carrying. If I am not required by law to show him anything and I know for a fact he doesn't know I'm carrying, why would I show it to them?

If they know you're carrying, they'll cuff you first AND THEN look at your permit. Ask me how I know.

Never had a casual encounter with a cop other than making a delivery to a police station or a cops home.

I guess that is casual,but why would a cop ask to see my LTC ?

Got pulled over by the JBT Statie that stops commercial vehicles at 290 and 495 once...Didn't ask to see my LTC but said I had ADD.

Am I in a state that requires it by law? If so, I would if I was carrying. If I am not required by law to show him anything and I know for a fact he doesn't know I'm carrying, why would I show it to them?

If they know you're carrying, they'll cuff you first AND THEN look at your permit. Ask me how I know.

It was NOT a hypothetical question.

It was NOT a hypothetical question.

My bad. I once got spotted by cops while carrying here in NH and they asked me if I was carrying - I said "yes, I have a permit." They cuffed me, took out my wallet since I said the permit was in the wallet and then realized they couldn't charge me with anything.

My bad. I once got spotted by cops while carrying here in NH and they asked me if I was carrying - I said "yes, I have a permit." They cuffed me, took out my wallet since I said the permit was in the wallet and then realized they couldn't charge me with anything.

Not to derail the thread but why did they ask if you were carrying (did you print?) and bigger questions is why the F*** did they cuff you?

Not to derail the thread but why did they ask if you were carrying (did you print?) and bigger questions is why the F*** did they cuff you?

They said someone saw my pistol or my holster, can't remember which. They cuffed me after they told me to drop my backpack while I had my hands up (they gave me a Terry pat) and I said "I can't do that", meaning I can't drop a bag off of my shoulders with my arms up.

If you check the members' forum, I posted about needing a lawyer awhile back. I talked to a couple lawyers and they said there wasn't much I could do and the situation was resolved the next day.

Once, was pulled over for a minuscule traffic violation.
After answering his "do you know why I'm pulling you over ?" qestion, I showed him my registration and my drivers license, which took me opening my wallet/clip and shuffling thru a couple of my cards, revealing my LTC.
The officer then asked if I was carrying in which I responded "yes", he then asked where I was carrying it, I told him " my waist, 12 o'clock" .. he said "ok.. What you got ? With a lean towards my window revealing his little grin. After complementing me on my answer (glock 19 gen4) he asked to see my LTC, skimmed thru it, handed me my papers back and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Once, was pulled over for a minuscule traffic violation.
After answering his "do you know why I'm pulling you over ?" qestion, I showed him my registration and my drivers license, which took me opening my wallet/clip and shuffling thru a couple of my cards, revealing my LTC.
The officer then asked if I was carrying in which I responded "yes", he then asked where I was carrying it, I told him " my waist, 12 o'clock" .. he said "ok.. What you got ? With a lean towards my window revealing his little grin. After complementing me on my answer (glock 19 gen4) he asked to see my LTC, skimmed thru it, handed me my papers back and that was it.

Do you store your G19 in a vagina fold?! Where you hiding that at 12 o'clock while sitting?!

Poll is "bullshit" with "too many" "things in quotes that say one thing and probably mean another".

Prior to getting my LTC, I had been asked a few times if I had any weapons in the vehicle. Since getting my LTC, I have never been asked.

never and that includes a time when me an some friends went out into the woods to do some shooting and the car got towed from where we parked it, had no choice but to walk back on roads carrying sks's and an ak. Cop pulled over and said "hop in, ill drive you guys into to town before you freak some old lady out." .. pre-cell phone days and yeah, western mass

Never, which does not include times when the purchase of a firearm or ammo where provision of LTC, of course, was requested.

Once was pulled over because I had a tail light out. Had an empty hard case in my car. Was asked to show LTC and unlock the case for inspection, but not open it. Had no firearms on my person or in the vehicle, was delivering the case as a birthday gift to a friend.

Second time was shooting on private land with permission (owner was with me) and someone reported "bullets whizzing over their patio". Was shooting into a large west facing hillside and the complaint came from the neighbors on the east side of the property owner's house, meaning we would have to have been firing at the property owner's house to even be in the area of the neighbor.

Officer asked for LTC/FID had us stop firing until he checked us out.

Do you store your G19 in a vagina fold?! Where you hiding that at 12 o'clock while sitting?!

When it's not in your moms twat, it's where it belongs, my waist. I carry it appendix, I have a t-Rex sidecar and a few TucTite IWB that work perfectly for me, it's super comfortable .. i forget it's there, the only time it bothers me when I'm sitting is when i have one of my lights attached, then sitting is a chore. I also trust my training and keep in mind the most important principles of firearm safety: keep your finger off the bang switch till you’re ready to fire.
Plus I understand that it must be hard to imagine appendix carry when your fat.

Last edited:
In the late '90's, close of business at work in Cambridge. All ended briefly and I was never bothered again.

I had the Police called on me due to a woman seeing me put on a suit coat getting out of my vehicle, putting on a suit coat and going into my office.

Approximately 30 - 45 mins later after leaving my offfice, which was behind locked doors, I took the elevator to the ground floor and there were many officers looking feverishly for 'well dressed armed men running into the building" !!!!

was revolver bear hunting. I think the EPO was gleefully checking to see if I had an LTC, and if it was in any way restricted, so he could jack me up. Did not even ask for my hunting license.

When it's not in your moms twat, it's where it belongs, my waist. I carry it appendix, I have a t-Rex sidecar and a few TucTite IWB that work perfectly for me, it's super comfortable .. i forget it's there, the only time it bothers me when I'm sitting is when i have one of my lights attached, then sitting is a chore. I also trust my training and keep in mind the most important principles of firearm safety: keep your finger off the bang switch till you’re ready to fire.
Plus I understand that it must be hard to imagine appendix carry when your fat.

What do you carry? You know, besides tampons for your weeping vagina. Jk.

In all seriousness, I carry just off center (maybe like 1 o'clock), but could never make straight up 12 o'clock work comfortably.

Last edited:
I did once have a state trooper come to the Taunton outdoor rifle range after a report of a car "hit by a bullet" on rt 24. He never asked about ltc's but wanted to get everyones driver license and what calibers they where shooting (after I told him 12oz I had to show him my new can cannon)....

Other: About 6 - 8 years ago, got pulled over for going 50 mph in a 50 mph zone (yes, you read that right). I was headed north, but the cop car was parked looking south on the opposite side of the street so that he could radar traveling northward. Anyway, the speed sign on his side of the street is posted as 40 mph looking southward, which is why he stopped me and said that I was 10 mph over the speed limit. When he walked over to my truck, he was looking at my wallet as I was pulling out my driver's license and at that time, I carried my LTC in the same part of my wallet. I said yes when he asked me if that was a current LTC. When he ask me if I had a weapon with me, I said no (I didn't).

When he told me why I was pulled over, he said that I was 10 miles over the speed limit. I then pointed to the speed sign behind us that said the speed limit was 50, but you can only see the sign heading north, not looking south. He goes back to his car, runs a check on me, walks back and hands me my license and registration, and says have a good day. I think that he was embarrassed. Now I carry my LTC where it cannot be seen if I am thumbing through my wallet.

Never been asked by a LEO, but a couple of years ago I had fallen asleep by the pool and my sister in law showed up. She pointed right at my junk and asked if I had a " permit for that thing"

I told her I didn't need one because it was an antique and only fired blanks. Large caliber blanks. My wife told her to stop looking at her husbands dick.

Never been asked by a LEO, but a couple of years ago I had fallen asleep by the pool and my sister in law showed up. She pointed right at my junk and asked if I had a " permit for that thing"

I told her I didn't need one because it was an antique and only fired blanks. Large caliber blanks. My wife told her to stop looking at her husbands dick.

...and then you awoke from your dream. [laugh]

Everyone who says "never" has never had five guns drawn on them after some wonderful citizen saw and called in a full size 1911 printing in Boston. I was happy to oblige. No cuffs and free to carry on my way. Still carry full size.

Traffic accident when I was much more naive. I was asked for my drivers license and when I opened my wallet my LTC happened to be right on top. The trooper asked if it was an LTC and if I had "any firearms in the vehicle."

I instinctively answered honestly. "No." Because there were honestly no firearms "in" the vehicle because me and my CCW were outside of the vehicle.

Moved my LTC to the back of the wallet after that. Never been asked since.

#phrasing

I have never been asked to show my LTC, and I have carried a pistol or revolver almost everyday since 1977. Of course I'm not one of those people that carries a Beretta 92 FS with four spare magazines or a .44 caliber Desert Eagles.

Back
Top Bottom