"Show Me Your LTC", said the LEO....

When have you been told to produce your LTC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have never been asked to show my LTC, and I have carried a pistol or revolver almost everyday since 1977.
same here except 1971 for me when i started to cc. i'm at that stage where i don't care if i print or the holster makes a surprise appearance while i reach for something at the supermarket. been stopped for moving violations a few times and the subject never came up.

Everyone who says "never" has never had five guns drawn on them after some wonderful citizen saw and called in a full size 1911 printing in Boston. I was happy to oblige. No cuffs and free to carry on my way. Still carry full size.
Why have I not heard this wonderful story before?

"Show Me Your LTC", said the LEO....

I rarely get pulled over and the last couple times I did, no questions were asked about guns.

The last time I was asked that question was like ten years ago. I was carrying legally and simply replied "there is nothing illegal in my car, sir." That was good enough for him and it was truthful while avoiding any BS.

What do you carry? You know, besides tampons for your weeping vagina. Jk.

In all seriousness, I carry just off center (maybe like 1 o'clock), but could never make straight up 12 o'clock work comfortably.

I would say it's a little off to the side, maybe 12:30 lol, the clip for the holster goes right after my next to my belt buckle, which is dead center, and I'll have a spare mag on the left side of my buckle.
I carry a glock 19 the most, sometimes my p320 or glock 26. I have a x300 and a XC1 light that I attach to the glock 19 ( I have holsters for both.
Also a little knife and the usual wallets keys cellphone.
I'm not one of those guys that carries everything, pepper spray, spare flashlight, those knuckle punch things or Midol for when you're butthurt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got pulled over about a year ago, 35 in a 25. Framingham cop.
He had to have seen my GOAL and Comm2a stickers and I can only assume he caught at least a glimpse of my LTC when I opened my wallet to retrieve my drivers license.

Received a warning and firearms never came up in the conversation.

I had a statie in AZ see my 96D while I was riding my sportbike. My jacket rode up and the hand cannon was visible, I was probably speeding.

So, casual encounter? Never. Odd situation in an area with major cartel activity, Yes, once in 15 years of carrying.

I have been asked more than once over the years. Most times while out hunting. Years ago the EPO's would show up opening day and check everyone for a hunting license and firearms permit or LTC. In recent years, most of the EPO's just stop and BS with me and don't even ask for my hunting license.

I have been asked if I was carrying during a traffic stop once or twice but was traveling for work and not carrying. I have my LTC visible if I'm showing them my license.

Note: I have always assumed that with the computers in the LEO's cars, they probably know if you have a permit right after they run your plate or license info. Maybe a LEO can comment on this.....

...he then asked where I was carrying it, I told him " my waist, 12 o'clock"...

...it's where it belongs, my waist. I carry it appendix...

...In all seriousness, I carry just off center (maybe like 1 o'clock), but could never make straight up 12 o'clock work comfortably.

I usually don't pile on when people start bashing public education, but--geez...Have too many of you children been raised with digital clocks?

Math lesson:
12 o'clock: Facing front.

3 o'clock. You know, big hand on the 12, but the little hand points to your right.

Language Arts lesson:
The expression "I've got your six" would translate as "I'm right behind you." (Akin to "I have your back.)

Anatomy lesson:
I realize many folks don't have an appendix, but when you did have one, you kept it on your right (starboard, passenger) side, facing front....

Integrated math/science lesson: The human appendix is located, I'd say, right about 1 o'clock.

anatomy-of-stomach-appendix-illustration-canonical.jpg

Feel free to correct me if I'm all wrong... I'm about to strap on my pistol and slide my holster around to a comfortable 3:45pm.

Last edited:
Never been asked by a LEO, but a couple of years ago I had fallen asleep by the pool and my sister in law showed up. She pointed right at my junk and asked if I had a " permit for that thing"

I told her I didn't need one because it was an antique and only fired blanks. Large caliber blanks. My wife told her to stop looking at her husbands dick.

[rofl]

I usually don't pile on when people start bashing public education, but--geez...Have too many of you children been raised with digital clocks?

Math lesson:
12 o'clock: Facing front.

3 o'clock. You know, big hand on the 12, but the little hand points to your right.

Language Arts lesson:
The expression "I've got your six" would translate as "I'm right behind you." (Akin to "I have your back.)

Anatomy lesson:
I realize many folks don't have an appendix, but when you did have one, you kept it on your right (starboard, passenger) side, facing front....

Integrated math/science lesson: The human appendix is located, I'd say, right about 1 o'clock.

Feel free to correct me if I'm all wrong... I'm about to strap on my pistol and slide my holster around to a comfortable 3:45pm.

Yeah, but what happens at 11 o'clock?

Last edited by a moderator:
I selected "never" and this is true if you're talking from a LEO.
Everyone is asked to produce the LTC when purchasing firearms or ammo.

I would say it's a little off to the side, maybe 12:30 lol, the clip for the holster goes right after my next to my belt buckle, which is dead center, and I'll have a spare mag on the left side of my buckle.
I carry a glock 19 the most, sometimes my p320 or glock 26. I have a x300 and a XC1 light that I attach to the glock 19 ( I have holsters for both.
Also a little knife and the usual wallets keys cellphone.
I'm not one of those guys that carries everything, pepper spray, spare flashlight, those knuckle punch things or Midol for when you're butthurt lol

I can carry my G33 at 12 o'clock full on if I set myself up with the proper pants, but when I step up to the compact size glocks, I have to shift it a bit more towards 1 o'clock, maybe even 1:30. When I carry my G20, that is at about 4 o'clock because the thickness of the frame just screws with my belt and my pants staying where I want them to. Yeah, I don't go carrying 30,000 things either.

Midol never worked for me LOL

Why do so many of you have your LTC card visible when you open up your wallet? Obviously nothing to hide, but it would seem prudent to keep it out of plain sight to minimize any unwanted attention.

The only people who have ever recognized it when I've opened my wallet are other LTC holders. It could be a library card for all people know.

Why do so many of you have your LTC card visible when you open up your wallet? Obviously nothing to hide, but it would seem prudent to keep it out of plain sight to minimize any unwanted attention.

Exactly Tom! Although I suspect there are some who flaunt it, hoping someone will notice, and think they're "COOL".

Sometimes I do it on purpose, to show the police pulling me over I have a firearm in my vehicle, if I'm ever carrying a larger firearm on my backside with a hybrid holster, I don't him to see it while I'm reaching for my registration and assume I'm someone I'm not, that way by shuffling thru it, and if he's paying attention (which he should), I give him the chance to spot it and ask if he chooses to do so

Most folks have no idea what it is. I just have a wallet that has 2 spaces that face each other. While I am not showing it to look cool, I'm way too old to look cool, but I'm sure it does get noticed. I also fully believe that once they run your plate they know you have one and if they notice it they may feel more at ease.

Ease of access when buying a firearm or ammo?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

My wallet basically looks like this one below. On the right are my credit/debit cards and driver's license. On the left, a picture of me and the lady under the plastic window; underneath that (when the picture is flipped outward) is my LTC - still quick and easy to get to but away from prying eyes.

197388_ts.jpg

I checked "traffic stop suspicious item".

It was actually the cop could see ammo in my parked car. I was sleeping at home.

Because people are stupid and don't think about things like that. Mine is always well hidden.

-Mike

I also fully believe that once they run your plate they know you have one and if they notice it they may feel more at ease.

This never gets run unless the LEO wants to look it up. I had it happen to me once (and the LEO did not ask for my LTC, but did ask me whether or not I was carrying, which I replied affirmatively to, and he said "Good!" ) but to assume that it will happen all the time is silly.

-Mike

This never gets run unless the LEO wants to look it up. I had it happen to me once (and the LEO did not ask for my LTC, but did ask me whether or not I was carrying, which I replied affirmatively to, and he said "Good!" ) but to assume that it will happen all the time is silly.

-Mike

I would not call it silly. If it can be done once, at the officer's discretion, a few lines of code can make it an automatic "warning", as everything is so integrated.

I know a person that was pulled over, because a cop thought that they recognized them, and knew that they had an expired license. The cop followed the person, and, while driving ran the plate. It was not their car, but their spouse's - and, then, the cop pulled them over.

Frankly, since the state issues the LTCs and the registrations for cars, I'm surprised that it's not automatic. I know a guy that had trouble back in another state, and he had a cartridge key chain, that I advised him to get rid of (he's a PP), in case of a traffic stop. "Thanks....it's never a 'routine' traffic stop for me." Somehow, the local PD knows that he did something bad, on the other side of the continent.

I would not call it silly. If it can be done once, at the officer's discretion, a few lines of code can make it an automatic "warning", as everything is so integrated.

I call it silly at least WRT MA, because as far as I know that hasn't happened yet, and if you know how CJIS etc. operates, the words "paste and glue special" come to mind. Not to mention there are some munis that have cruisers that don't even have terminals in them, depending on the town, etc.

-Mike

I call it silly at least WRT MA, because as far as I know that hasn't happened yet, and if you know how CJIS etc. operates, the words "paste and glue special" come to mind. Not to mention there are some munis that have cruisers that don't even have terminals in them, depending on the town, etc.

-Mike

cheryl glue.jpg

Back
Top Bottom