Show me your lever action rifles!

fencer

NES Member
Don't know if this has been done before, did a search and came up empty.

When I was a boy nothing thrilled me more than a lever action rifle. Dad had a beautiful old Winchester 30-30 that he won at a Turkey Shoot and I would look forward to the days when we would take it out and would marvel at it when he let me clean it.

I was amazed at the union of steel and wood. The craftsmanship and the pure form left me longing for the days when i was old enough to own one myself, and while I appreciate bolt actions, semi-auto's, 1911's and wheelguns, there is nothing quite like a nice lever action rifle.

So lets see em!

1954 Savage 99 .308Win
016.jpg

Marlin 45-70 I took to Alaska in 85
Marlin 39 22 has some age and no ser # a sweet shooter
Winchester 9422M 22 mag this is another sweet shooter
Winchester 94 44 mag Trapper I added a big loop to this

I like my lever guns [smile]

Come On Mr. Zappa! Stop holding out on us!!

Actually, I don't even have pics of all my lever guns, but here's what I have on file.

This is a pair of Ithaca Model 49's, one has been refinished in Cerakote by Lou @ Business End Customs

M49_Pair.jpg

I also have several Winchesters and Brownings, plus a Henry, a Marlin 1894C and a stainless Rossi R92 (.44) for good measure.

Last edited:
I have a 9422 in .22lr, a 94 in .30/30, an 1873 in .32/20, a 92 in .44magnum, an 1876 in .45/60WCF and an 1886 in .45/70. The .22 and the .30/30 have round barrels and shotgun butts. The rest have octagonal barrels and crescent butts. All have full length magazine tubes. I don't know how to post pictures. Most of this computer crap is beyond my limited comprehension.

Here's a pic of my only lever action. Its a 1948 Winchester 94, in 32 Win Special. I actually scored this rifle by total chance. I was heading to the range one day, and an older gentleman working on his deceased mother in laws house (no one had been there in 3-5 years) saw me and called me over. He said he had two rifles and two shotguns he wanted to part with. I ended up buying the Model 94 and a 1920-1925 H&R shot gun, for $180! It was a great day.

Rifle_Right.jpg

Attachments

• Rifle_Right.jpg
    Rifle_Right.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 63
Here is a Marlin Model 336 Micro Groove Barrel 30-30. Gun is really in good condition. Has some small rust spots I want to get out, but otherwise really nice.
IMG_1684.jpg

Here is a Winchester Model 94 30-30. Pretty beat up. I recently acquired it, and would like to refinish it down the road. But first need to clean it and see if she still shoots!
IMG_1686.jpg

That old Winchester has some character

I think my step father at some point scrubbed the blueing off the barrel, and it has 1 small dent in the top of the feeding tube. But otherwise I may just clean it, and leave it as is. Still have yet to shoot it. It sat in his attic for about 15 yrs.

i have a couple sears/JC higgins repeaters in 30-30 and .35 rem (that 35 is a carbine and my family calls it the Hammer) and a particularly special Browning BL-22 i will post pictures of tomorrow. Beautiful fit and finish, really shoots great!

Dom

Back
Top Bottom