• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Show me your lever action rifles!

Winchester Model 1892 WCF 44-40 MFG date: 1901

Really fun to shoot.
20110817_2828.JPG

Wow!! Just wow! You guys have some beautiful rifles!! Thanks for sharing! These are the rifles that make a guy want to raid the savings account! Very Nice.

Wow!! Just wow! You guys have some beautiful rifles!! Thanks for sharing! These are the rifles that make a guy want to raid the savings account! Very Nice.

Beautiful is right. Thanks for sharing, and making me very jealous..

I like Pilgrims, and Timsters Winchester in .44-40
]
Where can i find one?[grin]

Got to have one...

Geez, wish I could afford the WIN 95 Theodore Roosevelt .30-06 Fred is offering for sale

Wrong caliber.
TR's favorite was the .405 Winchester, the one he called "Big Medicine".

Nice!

I have a Grade II model with the checkered stock and engraved receiver, which I bought new in the late 80's.
I love the short stroke action, you can flick your hand open to cycle it without taking your thumb off the stock.

agreed zappa, i love how slick and quick the action is on that BL. it was actually my fathers, i still have the box for it! i literally took it out of the box after it had sat for 15 yrs or so, cleaned it and lubed it then proceeded to group with it. the CCI's produced the best groups. do you shoot yours Zap?

Dom

p.s. love zappa, he's the man!

Pre-64 Winchester '94 in .32 Win Spl. First and only lever gun. I love it. Got it right here on NES
a couple of years ago. I reload for it as well, using re-formed 30-30 brass, a RCBS 32-170-FN mould,
and 5744 powder. Came with the original Scout Scope.

Win94.jpg

09_05_2010001a.jpg

Last edited:
agreed zappa, i love how slick and quick the action is on that BL. it was actually my fathers, i still have the box for it! i literally took it out of the box after it had sat for 15 yrs or so, cleaned it and lubed it then proceeded to group with it. the CCI's produced the best groups.

do you shoot yours Zap?

Not very often.
It comes out of the safe once in a blue moon.
I have over a dozen lever guns, so the mileage stays low on most of them.
I was shooting my 1971 vintage Marlin 39A last weekend.

2012-08-29_09-10-38_519.jpg

This is my Winchester model 94 manufactured in 1951 or 52. My father bought this used when he was in high school - it's been re-finished at least twice, was drilled for the peep sight and had the rear sight removed (and is now lost), so it has absolutely no value as a collector's piece anymore, but that's OK because the only collector who is ever going to get his hands on it is me.

To be honest, I've never shot a deer with it because I had other guns, but this year I am hunting with this exclusively.

1860 military Henry rifle (made by uberti, as I don't have $30,000 - $40,000 for an original). It's in 44-40, closest caliber available to the original .44 henry caliber. Predecessor of the Winchester rifle, though scarce, was used with deadly effect in the civil war

IMAG0218-1.jpg

Marlin 45-70 I took to Alaska in 85
Marlin 39 22 has some age and no ser # a sweet shooter
Winchester 9422M 22 mag this is another sweet shooter
Winchester 94 44 mag Trapper I added a big loop to this

I like my lever guns [smile]

I'd very much like to see pic's of the Marlin 39 . Never seen one without a serial number

1860 military Henry rifle (made by uberti, as I don't have $30,000 - $40,000 for an original). It's in 44-40, closest caliber available to the original .44 henry caliber. Predecessor of the Winchester rifle, though scarce, was used with deadly effect in the civil war

IMAG0218-1.jpg

That is a beautiful rifle. Do you shoot it? If so, how does she shoot?

Is that a Remlin? Have you had any issues with it?

NO not a Remlin!
Made in 2009, in North Haven, JM marked. No problems at all, runs great on 38 and 357. I shoot a moderate load of 158gr LRN.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 38733

Rossi model 92 .357 Mag.

How do you like your Rossi?
I want a 44 mag next, and I'm thinking about a Rossi instead of a Marlin

NO not a Remlin!
Made in 2009, in North Haven, JM marked. No problems at all, runs great on 38 and 357. I shoot a moderate load of 158gr LRN.

made in 2009? Wow, I thought all the ones made after like 2005 or 06 were made by Remington?

I want one of those in 357 or 44mag real bad.

How do you like your Rossi?
I want a 44 mag next, and I'm thinking about a Rossi instead of a Marlin

I love it although I don't really have anything to compare it to. I want to get one in .44 Mag also. Maybe a Ranch Hand just to be a little different...lol.
I think it would compliment the Model 92 nicely. [grin]
70161.jpg

made in 2009? Wow, I thought all the ones made after like 2005 or 06 were made by Remington?

I want one of those in 357 or 44mag real bad.

Marlin was purchased by The Freedom group (Remington) but Marlin rifles were still being made well in the North Haven CT factory until mid 2009.
End of 2009 is when production moved to Illinois? First with left over parts from North Haven, that is when quality went downhill, and with all parts being made in house it got worse. From.what I know they stopped making many models for a while.

Back
Top Bottom