Shot my first 1911 today

I know Mike.

I jumped from my usual middle of the pack standings at local IDPA matches to the top ten just by leaving my K frames at home and taking my M&P instead. And I've been shooting IDPA less than a full year.

To put it in perspective, since I started keeping track two years ago, I've put a combined total of just under 7500 rounds through my K and N frame revolvers versus just under 1900 through both my M&Ps.

This wasn't the first time I have had guys at BRP help me out. I have got to try a Smith Revolver or two, and a Walther PPK from other generous shooters. Another guy repaired my ejector pin in my old G23. You never know the people you are gonna meet when you go shooting. As for buying my own 1911, someday, when I have the funds for it. I just wish .45 didn't cost so much[sad2]

I took my new Les Baer out to shoot for the first time last week. I had some simulated 400 yard AQT targets left over from an appleseed shoot I did a couple of weeks ago.

At 25 yards, with one mag, i left 1 ragged hole that just about removed the black part of the target.

The only other handgun I can do that with is a 6" 686 revolver. I do love my revolvers.
With a good double action tune up, they are not much slower than a semi.

Funny thing though. For IDPA, I've shot a glock 34 for the last 9 years.
Don

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom