Shot my first 1911 today

While shooting at BRP today, I noticed a guy next to me had a beautiful SA 1911 in his case. When he saw me spying it, he goes here check it out. He then gives me half a box of .45 and says "here try it out." After putting a few rounds through this gun I was in love. Even shooting one handed I could not believe the smoothness and accuracy of this gun. I will without a doubt be getting a 1911 for my arsenal at some point. Up until now, I never realized what all the fuss was about.[smile]

A couple of weeks ago at BRP a couple of guys asked me for help. They hadn't shot in years and were just starting again with a couple of new pistols. One had a SIG Mosquito and the other had a 9mm Sigma.

I gave them my custom 1911 and 2 mags each. Both them were shocked when they saw their targets. One guy actually said, He was getting to the point of giving up and didn't realize that with a better gun he could do so good.

Using a good 1911 can give any one good results but more importantly it gave them the confidence to keep practicing with what they had.

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side. 1911's can be very addictive, & my girly side likes that I can accessorize them in so many ways. [wink]

I'm still constantly amazed by the generosity, willingness to help and share, and general kindness shown by those in the shooting community towards each other. Complete strangers. THIS is how everyone is supposed to treat everyone else.

I love hearing stories like this. And I always try and "pay it forward" myself.

Anyway...[cheers]

And to the OP... good luck just adding 1 1911 to your stable... [smile] I'll bet my Kimber that you'll have at least 2. [wink]

Epiphany - [i-pif-uh-nee]

a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by handeling and firing one of John Moses Browning's finest creation; the model 1911 pistol.

I'm still constantly amazed by the generosity, willingness to help and share, and general kindness shown by those in the shooting community towards each other. Complete strangers. THIS is how everyone is supposed to treat everyone else.

I love hearing stories like this. And I always try and "pay it forward" myself.

Anyway...[cheers]

And to the OP... good luck just adding 1 1911 to your stable... [smile] I'll bet my Kimber that you'll have at least 2. [wink]

Check my first sig line [wink] I've never met another organization of people as generous and devoted to one another than fellow shooters. They will give you the shirt off their back each and everytime.

You see I appear to have a problem.If I have the funds I would probably have 20 1911's by now.Fortunatly and I can't believe I'm saying this, I live in Mass and most of the ones I want we can't get here so easily,so I can justify not getting them or lull myself into believing that.

You see I appear to have a problem.If I have the funds I would probably have 20 1911's by now.Fortunatly and I can't believe I'm saying this, I live in Mass and most of the ones I want we can't get here so easily,so I can justify not getting them or lull myself into believing that.

dont give up, how do you think some people mysticly appear with new Springfield armory 1911s in MA, are they magicians? ,..if you search hard enough you can find a way to have anything in MA.

S&W 1911s are always a good choice too, made in MA and they have a lifetime waranty and excellent customer service.

Last edited:
I bought my RIA 1911 on a whim....just cause I always wanted a 1911 and wanted to see how I liked it. But I already have a couple 45's so it was a tough one to justify...... One of my best purchases ever....I love the 1911 platform.

dont give up, how do you think some people mysticly appear with new Springfield armory 1911s in MA, are they magicians? ,..if you search hard enough you can find a way to have anything in MA.

True. You'll probably pay a higher price than if you lived in a free state, but if you've got your heart set on one thing, it's worth it.

Welcome to the world of JMB's masterpiece! [grin]

You guys have restrictions on 1911's? That sucks.

You'd be surprised that the "Massachussetts markup" isn't as high on 1911 makers as they are on Glocks or SA or any other non compliant models.

I love my SW 1911, it's the perfect handgun, incredibly accurate, easy to shoot and clean, and comforting in the knowledge that if a situation ever arises the BG is going to go down.

Ahh, 1911s.

I fool around with other platforms, but when it's time to go SHOOTING it's allways a 1911 that I pick up.

Bob
8414EB_Left.jpg

I love my SW 1911, it's the perfect handgun, incredibly accurate, easy to shoot and clean, and comforting in the knowledge that if a situation ever arises the BG is going to go down.

+1. I just picked up a full size 1911PD a couple of weeks ago. A fantastic gun and a pleasure to shoot.... I must now roll my own .45!

The sad part is even after you've had a swinging link break, a plunger tube fall off, or any number of other 1911 only ailments/stupidities, you'll probably still like the platform. (been there doing that- nothing kills bowling pins like a 1911. )

-Mike

Yes, wheelies are good too... but the skill required to really master them on pins is something else. One of these days I -will- be killing those things with a .44 mag, no doubt. [grin]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom