Shop recommendation?

I am in MA and since MA gave Kimber the boot from the handgun market, they seem to have pulled out completly including long guns. I am looking to buy one of their rifles. I did a dealer search on their site and see a few close to me in NY, CT, and VT. From what I've read in the gun laws section of the board, it appears that I can buy long guns directly from dealers out of state (in person of course). Is that right? Also, does anyone have any shop recommendations for boarder state dealers? Thanks in advance!

I'm sure the lawyer types will post the specific sections of the law, but from my understanding, you can buy a rifle and bring it into the state. Once here though you need to register it on an FA-10 form and send it in. I've bought a few rifles in NH over the years that I had to do this with when I got back home.

You can buy a long arm out of state (from an FFL), as long as the laws of both states are complied with. You can also purchase a long arm in another state from a private individual, but the transaction has to be conducted by an FFL.

Thanks for the info guys. Four Seasons didn't pop up when I searched. It must be farther than the out of state dealers that I saw. I am in Western MA so VT and CT are only 40 minutes away. I didn't even think of NH, but I could beat the sales tax if I went that route.

Thanks Cross-X. I will give him a jingle tomorrow or Tuesday if they are closed on Monday's.

I am in MA and since MA gave Kimber the boot from the handgun market, they seem to have pulled out completly including long guns. I am looking to buy one of their rifles.
Four Seasons can, and has, ordered Kimber rifles for customers. I bought my 8400 Montana from Four Seasons.

I tried Tite Group with no luck. Thanks anyways Darius. I will give Four Seasons a jingle next. However I did find a NIB 2000 model for sale for $675. Seems to be a heck of a deal. I may go for it if a fresh one is over a G. Pretty much the same gun except for the safty, A Walnut instead of AA, and urathane finish rather than hand rubbed oil.

Just got off the phone with them. $1100 and on a three month back order. I guess I'll go with the 2000 NIB one I found at $675 and available now. Thanks for the help anyways guys!

Back
Top Bottom