Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

I made the trek up this morning because their FB said they were going to have a large shipment of ammo ready...I was not the only one who had this idea, I got there at 5 of 10 and the line was about 50 people deep. It went very smooth though, we all walked in, grabbed what we wanted and waited to check out, the longer part of the expirence. John was on the phone telling people to come down because he had enough ammo, I can only guess how much came in, 10box limit was an indicator too.

this was my second time there, hadn't bought anything the first time , I was just checking it out. I'll def go back again, great customer service. And older lady helped me pick out some 5.11 pants while the maddness was going on and I'm sure she was needed else where but she was very helpful and didn't seem rushed, great outfit they've got going there

I was there a few weekends ago and it's a nice shop. Their selection of ARs and pistols is fairly good. I didn't see any glocks, but pretty much every other major gun maker (S&W, Sig, Ruger, etc.) They even have a few class III guns hanging around. Ammo was restricted to a 2 boxes and I could only buy 1 box of 9mm gold dot unfortunately. Finally picked up a decent gun belt too.

Not sure if anyone liked them on Facebook, but they posted the picture of a guy they caught shoplifting. Wicked funny to read people's reactions.

Edit: Really sucks if it's true they won't FFL a handgun for a MA. resident.

Last edited:
Stacks of ammo today, just a bit pricey -- Fiocchi 223 @ $25 for 50, 9mm @ $16.

Personally, I am looking forward to rimfire being back in stock...

So much for Live Free or Die...1st and last visit. Place was ok, but if I'd wanted the Nazi "Do you have your papers?" treatment to buy a box of ammo, I would have just gone to a Ma shop. Too bad, but there are plenty of other places to spend my money.

So much for Live Free or Die...1st and last visit. Place was ok, but if I'd wanted the Nazi "Do you have your papers?" treatment to buy a box of ammo, I would have just gone to a Ma shop. Too bad, but there are plenty of other places to spend my money.

They are just covering their own ass because they are required by law to check that for MA residents. Wal Mart does the same thing for ammo in NH.

Don't get all pissy because you live in a state with strict laws. Stay in MA and buy your ammo there then.

I buy there and they just ask for your firearm license, no big deal. At least they have ammo! Plus the guys there are just trying not to slip up while taking care of us gun owners. I think we need to give them some slack.

They are just covering their own ass because they are required by law to check that for MA residents. Wal Mart does the same thing for ammo in NH.

Don't get all pissy because you live in a state with strict laws. Stay in MA and buy your ammo there then.
And besides that the MA gun grabbers try to blame NH for all their gun problems.

Incorrect. The law does not require MA residents to have a LTC. This is a store policy, not a NH law.

Adding to this: while it is a violation to make a false statement in acquisition of ammunition from an FFL, that burden is upon the purchaser, not the seller.

An ammunition seller's only obligation is to verify age for those who might be questionable.

Jim's store,,,,,,,,,,,,, jim's rules.

It is not like Mass would ever try to make an issue of a Mass resident gettting ammo out of state right??? [rolleyes]
Especially if said resident was not licensed in mass to own it??

anyone remember Town Fair tire in NH??? Mass took them to court for not collecting taxes from Massachussets residents that bought tires In NH.
yes granted , Town Fair tire won, but i am sure the legal costs were not cheap... a lot more than the profit Jim will make on that $20 box of ammo.

it is not Jim's fault you live in a suck state (that i was born in, i feel for you.).

I am a NH resident and I have to show my driver's license to prove NH residency vs Mass residency.
I am not pi**ed or incovenienced at all that having Mass next door makes me get checked.
Why are you? Jim has personal assets with a great range and a store to protect. I don't blame him at all.

Hey stay home and buy it there (if you can find it with all the shortages) . If all the Mass residents stay home, maybe I can find some up here. And I will show my license gladly to buy it.

Yes, I am PO'd that having Mass "next door" inconveniences me

At least Jim stepped up and explained on NES why his stores have this policy. Still doesn't encourage me to buy ammo at Shooter's if I can get it at Riley's without being carded.

I am a NH resident and I have to show my driver's license to prove NH residency vs Mass residency.
I am not pi**ed or incovenienced at all that having Mass next door makes me get checked.
I for one am PO'd that having Mass "next door" inconveniences me.

I don't HAVE to show my NH license to prove NH residency; there are just 3 gun shops in NH asking -- not even the Walmart on 101A cards me for ammo. If I shop anywhere else in the state except, I do not show my ID. Because of the attitude at State Line in Mason (and because they apparently were recording purchaser information) I no longer give State Line my business.

If MA didn't have such asinine laws, it wouldn't impact us in NH. I don't recall if the cashier asked for an ID when I bought powder and primers a few weekends ago. If she did, it was in a nice enough way that it didn't stick in my head. I think Riley's did ask for ID when I bought some ammo from them the same weekend. Either way, I can't see faulting a business doing something simple to protect themselves from heavy legal issues. Not to mention it also negates the fudd's comments about being able to get anything from another state, easily.

Blah Blah Blah... Whatever. It's not my loss...

Mike's money,,,,,,,,,,,,Mike's purchases

Sellers/stores have the right to refuse to sell. Just as buyers have the right to refuse to buy from sellers. Last time I checked, no one is forcing people to buy from one store and to comply with whatever policies they have in place. If you're ok with what they do, good. If not, then you have the right to take your money/business someplace else.

More for the rest of us, who cares honestly? It's like getting carded for a beer at a resturant and that happens all over the country

I really don't care about this policy, SO is one of the best shops I've been in and they will continue to get my business. My only complaint is that too much floorspace is dedicated to the ghey tactical clothing line, and I'd like to see them become a full-line Galco or similar holster dealer to bulk up the accessory selection.

Posted from my car phone.

SO & Riley's get my business a few times a month when I come to NH for business. Every time I shop at their stores it's been nothing but professionalism and courteous transactions. My philosophy, nobody can make you shop where you don't want. Getting carded for ammo in NH beats getting ass raped in MA for ammo! Just my measly .2

You don't like they way someone does business, it's always your option to move on, no reason to stomp your feet and cry though, put on your "bigboy" pants, build a bride and get over it.

I for one, like the way business IS done, I will continue to shop there

I love S.O.
Just wish it was closer to my home so I could buy more ammo
You can card me anytime

build a bride
Bride_gip.jpg

Back
Top Bottom