Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

They are just covering their own ass because they are required by law to check that for MA residents. Wal Mart does the same thing for ammo in NH.

Don't get all pissy because you live in a state with strict laws. Stay in MA and buy your ammo there then.

And besides that the MA gun grabbers try to blame NH for all their gun problems.

Incorrect. The law does not require MA residents to have a LTC. This is a store policy, not a NH law.

It's not a law, but stores near the border make it their policy (or don't) since they don't care to deal with newspaper stories accusing them (incorrectly) of wrong-doing by selling some perp/terrorist ammo that is used in some heinous act. Also the MA AG fails to understand that his/her authority ends at the border of the state and likes causing trouble ($$ spent on lawyers) for legitimate merchants in other states.

The interesting thing is that a MA subject could go to NH/ME/VT, buy ammo, meet up with friends/relatives and shoot it all up there (using other folks' guns) even though they have NO MA LTC/FID and be perfectly legal.

If you go into shops that aren't known to be frequented by MA subjects or near the MA border, you aren't likely to be "carded" for ammo purchases. But I can't blame any merchant for being extra cautious about selling anything to a MA subject. They don't need the stress or $$ legal fees dealing with an overzealous MA AG!

Bride_gip.jpg
[rofl]Bridge???

If you go into shops that aren't known to be frequented by MA subjects or near the MA border, you aren't likely to be "carded" for ammo purchases. But I can't blame any merchant for being extra cautious about selling anything to a MA subject. They don't need the stress or $$ legal fees dealing with an overzealous MA AG!

While that sounds logical, there are just TWO gun shop owners doing this, out of all the gun stores in New Hampshire. Not even the 101A walmart cards me for ammo, just MFLR+SO and SL.

While that sounds logical, there are just TWO gun shop owners doing this, out of all the gun stores in New Hampshire. Not even the 101A walmart cards me for ammo, just MFLR+SO and SL.

You may be correct that they are the only gun shops, I don't have any data to refute that. However, Wal-Marts in Salem, NH and Hudson, NH both card people as well. WM in Manchester, NH does NOT card people.

Wal-Marts near the border definitely card - mostly for handgun ammo for the age thing, but sometimes for other ammo for the NH/MA thing. It is annoying to have stores in one's home state do things like that out of interstate lawsuit fear from a neighboring state. Yet another reason NH residents should try to help out our MA friends.

Amherst Wal-Marts carding policy is pretty inconcistent. One time I just got asked for ID and I showed the guy my DL and that was enough. Same thing at Manch, Plaistow and other wal marts up there.

None of this matters because in the last 6 wal marts I've been in the only thing left worth buying in the cabinets was some 12G shotgun ammo. They also seem to have plenty .243 Winchester everywhere I go, if you need to stock up on that. [rofl]

-Mike

If you guys want to discuss NH shops carding, take it to this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...n/198342-whats-all-nh-dealers-iding-ammo.html

This thread is supposed to be about Shooter's Outpost.

While we're at it, here is MFLR's reply on the matter from the above mentioned thread:

A few things are missing: #1. "It was my opinion" just like the one above is yours! #2. Thinking I'm the type to vote for Bloomberg shows how clueless & narrow minded you are. #3. I'm willing to bet you've never worked in a gun store and seen some of the scum trying to purchase firearms and ammunition to do nothing but harm others. #4. I'm willing to bet that you've never been in a Boston Supreme Court building to testify that the box of Corbon ammunition came from your business without asking for proof of legality - while the family of the victim that lost a Son the previous New Years Eve at South Station were looking you in the eye. #5. I bet you don't know what it's like to be Paul at State Line Guns in Mason Defending yourself when a dirtball murders a hooker in a Mass Hotel Room. #6. I bet you don't know what it's like to pay 18,000.00 in legal fee's to defend against a Napoleonistic New Boston Police Chief that thought he could do anything he wanted. BTW- the value of those guns were worth a third of that! #7. I don't think that I've EVER turned down a sale and have someone say: "I'm buying these to shoot in NH" after explaining: "Did you know you'd be in violation of Mass Law if you took this over the border" #8. With your logic "we should not ask when selling non compliant magazines,black rifles, etc.etc.

In my opinion again:: "You are feeding the anti-gun asshat position that anyone can get firearms & ammunition simply by going to another state like NH.

Gene at Stateline in Plaistow had his own problem as I remember when the scum from NY sent buyers to him at a busy gun show to attempt a straw purchase. It also backfired on the Bastards as I remember the story. That's probably why it surprised me when I saw that post.

I try to stay on the high road - Just because you don't do something illegal, has nothing to do with the cost of defending you from the check book of the Federal or State Government if they decide to take you on. If our Rights are to continue,we need to pick or fights - not fight each other.

My motivation is: A. Protecting our rights! Millions of Americans died for us to keep them! B. Putting my values ahead of my wallet! C. Doing the very best I can by making it harder for scum to get the tools to use that will hurt our rights, put our families & friends & my 40+ direct & indirect jobs at risk. I feel that asking for the same thing that you're asked in you own state is a small price to pay to keep those retarded Mass laws from coming north.

I read a thread a few years ago that focused on gun store security. I seem to remember it was when a northern NH gun store had the front window smashed, and many firearms were taken. Many chimed in with comments about how in hell could the Government allow a firearms store to have such a lack of security. The bottom line was: It was the store owners responsibility, not the Government.

That being said: I've spent over $150,000.00 in security of my two stores. Not because of any Government regulation "there are none in NH at least". Not because of the cost of my guns, that's why I pay huge insurance bills. I do it because I need to sleep at night knowing that I did everything possible to safeguard my inventory of Rifles, Shotguns, Handguns & machine guns from getting into criminal hands to be used to hurt innocent people or law enforcement or our 2A Rights.

End of rant -

If asking you to see a FID/LTC to purchase a Firearm, ammunition, or magazines bothers you - shop elsewhere

If you guys want to discuss NH shops carding, take it to this thread:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...n/198342-whats-all-nh-dealers-iding-ammo.html

This thread is supposed to be about Shooter's Outpost.

While we're at it, here is MFLR's reply on the matter from the above mentioned thread:

Agreed... I'm thinking of making a trip up there later this week. Just going to call ahead to see if they have the mats I want... With the layout of the store, compared with others in the same area, it's actually a nice place to go. I have no issue with them having the gear on the first floor (taking up over half of the level). I do like how ammo and reloading supplies are on the first floor. They have (or had when I was there last time) a nice Barrett 50 cal on display on the second floor.

I'll not begrudge a business owner doing what he needs to secure his inventory, nor ensure that he doesn't get hit with legal issues over sales. When it comes to firearms, I'd rather have the place be more cautious than less. If they're just doing a glance/check to make sure you're either a NH resident, or have the correct license for MA (or other states) I won't blame them.

Agreed. The thread started because SO was claimed to be unusual in carding. They aren't. Some stores go further and log a non-firearm sale to a buyer by name. Some don't. Jim's response is a topic closer on the subject as far as I'm concerned.

SO is a great store. We drop in whenever we're over that way. It's just worth it.

Was up at Shooter's yesterday. Rifle racks are full. Sister in Law bought a 9mm Shield, and there were still a few left. Background check times are back down around 17 minutes.

Blazer Brass 9mm was $13.99 a box/2 box limit. American Eagle 5.56 100 round value packs for $49.95, 1 box limit. We both bought our limit (she owed me, so I got her 5.56), then we went to the Firing line to shoot the Shield. Nice little firearm....

I can verify I was just there last week and they said no pistol ma transfers but you have to check out the little are they have 5 H&k mark 23's!!!!!!! I think I peed a little when I saw them.

It shouldnt stop you i found it to be a great place. I figured when they found out we were from mass they would move on to someone else. They had a blast showing us a bunch of their toys there. Really nice people.

They don't transfer to MA because it is too much effort for the profit margin. My FFL does the same thing because MA FFL's require more information for purchases and it became a hassle for them. Plus, my FFL is smaller and likes to take care of the Live Free or Die resident before the MA residents.

Back
Top Bottom