Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

Went Saturday with the GF (always a mistake). Was 3rd in line at the reloading counter. The guy there took a jug of powder to the register for a guy on crutches and never came back. The GF was getting antsy so I got her out of the store before she physically dragged him back.

Most of the powder and primers were marked on the shelves so you could read them. Prices seemed good. I went back today alone and all the prices had been taken down. I did get help as soon as I walked in though. Bought primers but they didn't have my first 3 choices of powder so I settled for a pound of something I haven't tried yet. Everything was carried to the register for me...I don't know why! I could have easily done that. When the stuff was being rung up I was asked what state I lived in then asked for my MA ltc. "?" Prices were reasonable and once all the stock is in the store it'll be nice. Lots of people walking out of there with cases of ammo both days. Primer prices were much lower than Riley's.

Went in at lunch time today, it was mobbed.

No cases of 5.56/223, but they had cases of 5.45 and 8mm and Russian 7.62 both 39 and 54R- nobody in the ammo section or behind the reloading counter.

The upstairs was pretty busy, people were taking numbers for an hour wait or so. Most rifles were in the locked racks, handgun cases were full but I'd say 95% of the pistols were new. A few C&R rifles for fondling, mostly Chinese SKS/Type 56, couple of yugo 8mm mausers.

Had a sign up saying they were getting a shipment of AR's on Friday.

I was in today. 8mm is gone. glad i got some. 8 crates of 7.65X54 left after i grabbed one. [smile]
he had ARs in stock windham arms and Sig., .... selling fast. I thought about it, but passed. i have one. i will have to be happy with that.

Went Saturday with the GF (always a mistake). Was 3rd in line at the reloading counter. The guy there took a jug of powder to the register for a guy on crutches and never came back.
That was me! Ya shoulda said Hi!

Primer prices were much lower than Riley's.

That was my experience as well. Powder was just a bit more than at Riley's. I just wish that both weren't so blasted far away from me. Of course, that could be a good thing, tho.

I was in there on Wednesday evening and it was a bit of a madhouse (nowhere near as bad as Riley's though). I agree with others that having all the rifles and shotguns locked up hurts the experience, especially when it takes 15-20 minutes for your number to be called and for you to get help. Overall the place looked great, and I think once they can fully stock it (so... probably in 6-8 months given the run on everything) it will be terrific.

for a NH shop do they have any mass compliant AR's or AK??

Not that I've seen. Every EBR looked like it was only for free-staters.

- - - Updated - - -

he had ARs in stock windham arms and Sig., .... selling fast. I thought about it, but passed. i have one. i will have to be happy with that.

Did the Sigs jump in price? The Sunday after the attack at the school, they were selling for a pretty penny ($1799 seems right).

Did the Sigs jump in price? The Sunday after the attack at the school, they were selling for a pretty penny ($1799 seems right).[/QUOTE]

I went back today they were sold out of ARs and AKs. I did not ask when they would be back in stock.

It was a lot more subdued. even the handguns cases were emptying out.

Because of Shooters, I spent a lot of time and money at Wicked Weaponry and Riley's last week :)

BTW there are no hours posted on the website. As per their automated phone message the store hours are Monday through Sunday 10:00-18:00
The website does need work, seems like Shooters Outpost prefers Facebook (bleh).

For the guy who was asking about late hours, facebook update says " Starting next week our "late night" will be on Thursday night, till 8pm."

Picked up a PAP m70 (Zastava AK-47) for those not in the Know. He had put about 10 on the rack at 10am that morning. My wife had given me a $200 shooter's outpost gift card for Christmas. it took the bite out of the higher prices. Jim said there were 2 price increases in 2 weeks. I doubt he is making a killing on them. He said another $100 price increase is coming in January from the distributors.

The Pap appears to be so much nicer than my WASR.

The facebook page says plenty of ARs and AKs on New year's day. road trip anyone?

Stopped by here this morning 20 mins before they opened and there was a line almost to the street!

The owner woman was handing out tickets to be called when inside, I was hoping for a lower because I saw on their Facebook they would have 10 lowers. They looked cool from the picture, they were like zombie defense, iirc, in lime green with some other cool logos and what not. I got inside, everyone went upstairs, and looked for the lowers, there they were.... $379. Holy moly! No thanks, so I bought some Pmags (2 limit per customer) and a 250 box of 9mm umc. The price went up from the last time I was in there, but at least there was a bunch left.

It was pretty crazy in there, but that was expected. Looked like they had everything under control. Not much you can do with that many ppl looking for AR's.

Last edited:
I was there at 1pm. The easel / paper said ARs in stock but I heard they were sold out. I really don't know as I was not looking for one .
There was 7.62X39 for sale. It looked like an entire pallet came in and there was 20-30 boxes of 1000 each left.

I have enough for a little while but I picked one up just because......

I was there at 1pm. The easel / paper said ARs in stock but I heard they were sold out. I really don't know as I was not looking for one .
There was 7.62X39 for sale. It looked like an entire pallet came in and there was 20-30 boxes of 1000 each left.

Their faceplant page said they were blown out of ARs at like 2 PM, but that more are coming soon.

-Mike

How much were they going for ???

I got inside, everyone went upstairs, and looked for the lowers, there they were.... $379. Holy moly! No thanks, so I bought some Pmags (2 limit per customer) and a 250 box of 9mm umc. The price went up from the last time I was in there, but at least there was a bunch left.

[shocked]How much were the ARs going for? There is no friggin way I'm spending the stupidity price factor. I will consider another AR at some point, but out of principle I won't paying retarded pricing for one.

[shocked]How much were the ARs going for? There is no friggin way I'm spending the stupidity price factor. I will consider another AR at some point, but out of principle I won't paying retarded pricing for one.

The cheapest I think was 11-1200. I guess Windham and sig? They had lowers for 135, a few weeks ago. I'm hoping these prices come down. I guess brownells has cheap lowers for pre order.

Nice place...I stopped by there and Rileys yesterday...both appear to be taking advantage of the market with high prices (why not business is business) but I think Shooters will need to keep the prices higher to pay for that gorgeous building and all of those empty shelves! Competition is a good thing and I wish them well in the new year!

[...] but I think Shooters will need to keep the prices higher to pay for that gorgeous building and all of those empty shelves! Competition is a good thing and I wish them well in the new year!

Owners of Shooters owned the building long before they opened the store. The prior tenant went under and without the rental income, they decided might as well just open up their own place.

Ammo & Stuff

Thanks for the comments. As far as prices go, I wrote a check for that gorgeous building and have no mortgage on it, or any of my inventory "or what's left of it" I should say.

Every larger store as in Mine, Kittery,Four Seasons, Riley's, etc. purchase our stuff through buyers groups. When supply flows as usual,we tend to have lower prices. When it does not flow normally "like the past few weeks" we are forced into distribution with everyone else. Distributors charge more - hence prices rise a bit. We opened on December 3rd with over 5,000 guns in the building, and have sold almost 50% of them in the first month. When all of this BS calms down, we'll be purchasing at lower rates,and lowering prices again. It hurts at times to make the decision to pay 15-20 percent more for something knowing that people think you're screwing them - but it's better than having nothing to sell.

Carl at Four Seasons & I talk often - He's as cleaned out too. We're both doing whatever it takes to fill shelves. ATK/Federal should be shipping again during the second to third week of this month. Don't pay crazy prices to get 5.56 - it should be available in just a few weeks... Jim

I went to both places last weekend... no deals at either place...parking lots filled at both places...

One plus of the competition is that Riley finally put some money into there place and installed a new sign outside. [smile]
Now you can see when Riley is open, high time they started improving their facility!

The Outpost is still shaking out the bugs of opening up and the mass crowds aren't doing much for the customer experience.
I had to wait over 20 minutes just to get some counter help to answer a gun question I had. The owner and his wife are good people ...I've talked to them a few times... I think once the rush is over their customer service will improve and the prices drop.

For my money I check out the small gun shops for deals... found a can of 5.56 green tip 420 rounds for $240.
The big shops are all played out for deals and they need to keep up their prices to pay for their high overhead.

Last edited:
Right now. There are no deals anyplace. People looking for deals are a few weeks late. I bought a Sar-3. Romanian AK chambered in .223 at Shooters two weeks ago for $399. Now with the threat of bans, I have turned down a solid offer of $1500. People who say they will wait for the prices to go back down, we may never see that happen. The Political climate is against gun owners right now. At the very least, I see some sort of restriction on gun rights coming in the near future. As I write this, there are rumors of Illinois trying to ban ALL semi-automatic weapons with mandatory confiscation. Yes prices are insane. Because there is a serious threat that you may not be able to buy an AK or an AR or any large caliber weapon in the near future. I could make a lot of money and sell a bunch of my guns right now. But i don't choose to because I might not be able to replace them. Don't blame all the gun stores for all the high prices. All of the gun distributors and manufactures are now charging more for their products now. Some of the stores simply have to charge more because the products cost them more now.

As I write this, there are rumors of Illinois trying to ban ALL semi-automatic weapons with mandatory confiscation. .

In the history of the USA there has never been a case where the government mandated manditory confiscation of citizens weapons or property.
The 2nd ammendment would be gutted as well as the people rights to own guns!
Any confiscation law that was made will be immediately challanged in court and the supreme court will have to decide.
The fight will continue and is not over!

How much were they going for ???

$249.99/1000 . the russian white box steel stuff

i had paid $229 for golden tiger (lowest i could find) before all this. This did not appear high considering the times

Jim, the store is great. you have a good selection, I have actually been there too much! picked up a PAP, 8mm mauser ammo, X54, X39....... I need to stop coming and take a breather

Last edited:
In the history of the USA there has never been a case where the government mandated manditory confiscation of citizens weapons or property.
The 2nd ammendment would be gutted as well as the people rights to own guns!
Any confiscation law that was made will be immediately challanged in court and the supreme court will have to decide.
The fight will continue and is not over!

Let's not turn a review thread into an AWB garbage thread. We already have a dumpster for that stuff. Thanks.

-Mike

I went up there with a friend this past Friday (and also hit Riley's after).

It was nice to go to a gun shop and actually have room to walk around. It was also nice to see a good selection of accessories and so on. That said, I'd like to see a wider selection of optics, slings, AR parts, holsters, safes, etc. Maybe that stuff is coming as they recover from the recent craziness. They did seem to have a decent reloading section. The whole section dedicated to 5.11 clothing seemed a bit much.

Jim addressed this earlier but I didn't see any ammo that made me want to buy. Riley's, by comparison, had at least some ammo that was priced at pre run price so I bought a bit.

Helped a fellow NESr move today. I was 30 mins from shooter's so I stopped in. 25 AKs on the shelf!! one AR15. (sorry I did not look at the AR).
he has WASRs, PAPM70s and VZ2008s. He had quite a few of each. dont ask the break out but I counted them in total. Jim did not lie. he said a price increase was coming from his distributors and he would have to pass it on. These PAPs were more than the one I bought the week prior from him. I won't post his prices as I dont see it my place. if he wants to he can. Send me a PM and I will tell you. The prices are up but were not that bad considering what Mass dealers are getting (per other forum notes) and cheaper than what i am seeing in the classifieds.

I did not see .223, X39 or X54 in stock in bulk . other boxes of ammo were available.

My first stop where I did not buy something

Can anyone report whether or not if they're sold out of primers and powder. Specifically looking for small pistol and rifle primers. I'm flexible on powder. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom