• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

Can anyone report whether or not if they're sold out of primers and powder. Specifically looking for small pistol and rifle primers. I'm flexible on powder. Thanks

I was there today and they had primers and powder.

I was in the area for work and figured i would swing through and check it out. Got there 10min of 10am and there was a line at the door.

I went by, the place was packed. I didn't stop in. Riley's had 80+ cars around it. No ammo you want except .45, and no AR's or AK' ps that I saw. I think I saw a few cans of 7.62 something, but it wasn't NATO.

Was there today lots of handgun rounds especially the umc bulk packs in 480, 40, 38 and 45. They had crates of 7.62x54r and 8mm. They did have new colt ar15s and some wasr 10s. I liked the place a lot people were very helpful.

First time in Shooter's Outpost today. I bought a Springfield XDM 45 Competition model that I didn't think they would have in stock, but pleasently surprised and happy they weren't price gouging for them like they are on gunbroker. Not too crowded but looked like lots of guns going out the door. They were fairly well stocked on handguns and I was really impressed by the store and staff.

Ok I need to get up there. I hear great things about SO. Mmkshooter, congrats, the XDm is gorgeous. Did they have any 7.62x39 or 9mm/45acp?

The place is very nice. You have to take a number, deli style, but once they call your number, they are all yours. Very polite, very knowledgeable. I went there multiple times, hand testing multiple pistols. I bought from them.

Great customer service.

sent from the Times Two Tavern via Nexus 7

Ok I need to get up there. I hear great things about SO. Mmkshooter, congrats, the XDm is gorgeous. Did they have any 7.62x39 or 9mm/45acp?

Thanks. I own two other XDm's, both in 9mm and 40S&W so I guess this rounds out my collection. I just breezed through the ammo section and it seemed to be light. I really only looked at the 45 ACP while I waited for my NICS check. They had some 250 packs and some 50 round boxes. It looked about the same for other calibers so I would say probably the same for 9mm. I didn't see any pallets of military ammo but there may have been some on the shelves. I didn't look through the rifle ammo.

The place is very nice. You have to take a number, deli style, but once they call your number, they are all yours. Very polite, very knowledgeable. I went there multiple times, hand testing multiple pistols. I bought from them.

Great customer service.

I went in before lunch and they weren't using the number system when I got there. They did call some numbers later but they really weren't busy enough to need it. The staff to customer ratio was very good. Just walking around while waiting for the NICS check I was asked if I needed help numerous times. Very friendly staff.

I went in before lunch and they weren't using the number system when I got there. They did call some numbers later but they really weren't busy enough to need it. The staff to customer ratio was very good. Just walking around while waiting for the NICS check I was asked if I needed help numerous times. Very friendly staff.

I'll keep going there. In fact, I'm probably heading up in this month for a either a .22 or a 1911

I was at SO last week with with a date (best date in a looong time ;) and she bought a Sig P238. It had the rainbow slide which she liked, it was a well built Sig which I approved of.

Big place, good customer service and we didn't wait long to talk to someone. They had dozens of AR's, tons of handguns, but very little in the way of ammo. But, they still had some.

We did wait several hours for the background check to go through though.

Just as a point of clarification... waiting hours for background checks is the fault of the State, or FBI/NICS depending on handgun or long gun.

I had a 3 hour wait at Riley's, so I drove down the road to Shooter's Outpost, but doing that could start a never-ending cycle...

With their 'take a number' system and the long waits for transfers, Shooter's needs to condense some of the first floor merchandise and open a café. Maybe a Starbucks franchise?

My question is why did this second Jim store open relatively close to MFL? MFL is nice, new, large and so forth so what do we get at SO that we don't get at MFL?

If Hooksett was attractive enough that Cabela's planned to open a store there...

My question is why did this second Jim store open relatively close to MFL? MFL is nice, new, large and so forth so what do we get at SO that we don't get at MFL?
What I've heard is that Jim already owned the building and lost the tenant, so it just made sense to use the space he owned. Also his long-term plan is to make the new place more of an "Outfitter" class of store. Just walking in, it's obvious that Shooter's is vastly different than MFL, with more variety of stock and more people-friendly sales staff.

The last few times i was at MFL in 2012, I had a tough time getting the sales staff's attention at the Firing Line -- they were so focused on running people through the range that it was almost impossible to get them to sell you a gun, or even get one out of the display case.

Since Shooter's Outpost opened, I've spent a lot more time and money at the other stores in Hooksett than I have at Shooter's Outpost. Not just gun stores, but also R&R and White Birch.

Went to Shooters yesterday since I was heading to Rileys. Lots of cars in the lot but not too many folks inside. Upstairs I guess they were and I stayed down at the reloading section. You're not going to shoot the shit there, get in, make your purchase and leave, very sterile. But hey, I just spent an hour on the road and I didn't feel like talking. I'd stop again on another Rileys run.

I went to shooters saturday. he has yugo AKs and VZ's in stock and SIG Ar 15s. The ARs were behind the counter and They were doing a brisk business.. Jim was unloading a big pile of Chinese SKSs for cheap moneynto the racks. he said he has an order for more Chinese Nagants. There were also 2 pallets for 7.62X54 for anyone looking. Crowd was more subdued than other times but still buying.

I watched the last colt AR walk out the door when I got there. I did not even know they had them. Before I did not like the deli counter order calling but now it makes sense. Wth the business going on, it is more fair as they run out for stock for someone to get a crack in the order they showed up. Probably eliminates a lot of pushing and shoving and potentially worse!

Was up there today for a quick browse. Was looking for a .22 pistol, but the place just looks picked clean compared to when I bought my XD. Still had 2 pallets of ammo as above poster said.

Did see a Beretta Nano for $300 in the used section. Was tempted. The crowd wasn't in much of a frenzy today.

I went to 5 guns stores last Friday with $3000 cash in my pocket. I could not find anything that I wanted to buy. Shooters had some AK's but I already have a few. So the money went back into the bank. I am now spending alot of time looking at overpriced guns on armslist and gunbroker

Last edited:
FYI -- I was in Shooters this evening. They have 20+ Troy AR-15s and probably atleast 10 Sig ar-15s. Along with some AK's.

Prices were not too bad considering the demand. I believe the sigs were going for 1499.99 and I "believe" the ak's were 1099

Compared to gunbroker stuff its an "ok" price.

I was up there earlier in the week and they were out of small pistol. Gotta say, the staff there seems great. Had a nice conversation with a guy over by the rifles. While chatting he was pulling stuff off the wall to show me just for kicks. Like the atmosphere, selection and staff! Well worth the trip.

Good selection of powders for reloading today :)

I was in there myself for the first time today, picked up some 4198, 4064 and some Berrys plated .44 bullets.
It looked like a real nice place with the old rustic style decor and taxidermy on the walls.
The ammo selection wasn't bad, but some of the prices were staggering, like $35 a box for .357's and $50 for a box of .44 mags.!
However, I've been reloading since the 80's and I haven't bought factory centerfire ammo in years, so maybe that's what this stuff is really going for nowadays and I haven't been paying attention.
I saw a few dozen stripped Zombie AR lowers, but for $349, I'll pass.
They also had a bunch of LPK's, but wouldn't sell them unless you also bought one of their lowers.
Their pistol selection was very nice, but as expected, 80% of the stuff they had isn't Mass compliant, so it was only a tease.
One item that caught my eye was the new Uberti Silverboy, first one I've ever see.
It was in a glass case, not it a rack with the other long guns, maybe to keep the finger smudges off the high polished finish. [wink]
I may have to add one of those to my wish list.

Was there today. They had 7.62x39 Fiocci brass for $12 a box. Looks like stuff is finally clearing customs...

No primers at all (shotgun..lol) they had all other calibers so I would expect 9mm to be there too

Back
Top Bottom