Shooters Outpost - Hooksett, NH

I was up there earlier today and saw the following notable items:

Palmetto State Armory Standard lower parts kit (W/stock kit) $89.00 (Blackhawk)
Palmetto State Armory MOE lower parts kits (w/stock kit) $119
Blaze Brass 350 rounds in field box 9mm $99.99
Blazer Brass 50 round boxes for $13.99

They were giving fliers out at the door:

Anderson Stripped Lower $89.99
PSA Lower parts kit $64.99
M&P Sport $599 (there was like a pallet of these)
M&P 22 w/535 rounds for $339.99
S&W ORC MA Compliant $799

I bought nothing. I'm sad. But I'm pretty well stocked on ammo right now.

Glad I didnt waste my time. I hate when shops wont tell you the sales prior to going.

Hit shooters on my way home from Riley's yesterday.

Been there many times. Little strange this time. Being from MA they wouldn't sell me any AR parts. I bought a drop in trigger for my lower build. They wouldn't sell me a magpul stock,grip,buffer assembly or flash suppressor.

Been there many times. Little strange this time. Being from MA they wouldn't sell me any AR parts. I bought a drop in trigger for my lower build. They wouldn't sell me a magpul stock,grip,buffer assembly or flash suppressor.
They are good, obedient enforcers of evil Marcia's edicts.

Huh. Must have changed policy recently. I bought something Magpul from them and they didn't ask for ID. The only time they ask for ID is for ammo and gun (obviously) purchases.

Huh. Must have changed policy recently. I bought something Magpul from them and they didn't ask for ID. The only time they ask for ID is for ammo and gun (obviously) purchases.

I think they can sense when the buyer is from MA (must be the turds they drop when they see all the sweet guns on display)... [rofl2]

Never had any issue buying parts, reloading mats, etc there, but I also live in NH.

Curious the only part you listed that you can't use in MA would be the flash suppressor. Maybe just the sales person you saw - or not. If the stock is adjustable you would just need to pin it right? Oh well their ball their rules, no problem. I usually hit Shooters on my way to or from Riley's, if I can't purchase things at Shooters I can save some time. All those items you mentioned are available online or at other shops anyway.

Last edited:
Most of the time I go there, they only refuse to sell to M*ssholes when the start acting like M*ssholes. I was there yesterday with a friend who is from MA who bought AR parts no problem. He wasn't a dickass, though. That could be it.

Most of the time I go there, they only refuse to sell to M*ssholes when the start acting like M*ssholes. I was there yesterday with a friend who is from MA who bought AR parts no problem. He wasn't a dickass, though. That could be it.

Yeah unfortunately you could be on to something with that theory. Or it may be Shooters new policy. I'll have to wait and see.

Curious the only part you listed that you can't use in MA would be the flash suppressor. Maybe just the sales person you saw - or not. If the stock is adjustable you would just need to pin it right? Oh well their ball their rules, no problem. I usually hit Shooters on my way to or from Riley's, if I can't purchase things at Shooters I can save some time. All those items you mentioned are available online or at other shops anyway.

ackar, not necessarily true. I have a pre-ban AR-15 and have swapped out the 3-position collapsible stock for a 6-position collapsible stock. If I wanted to, I could change out the bird-cage suppressor for a different style, all perfectly legal. There are tons of legit pre-ban ARs in use in MA and we can buy and swap whatever parts we wish on them.

It's unwise for a dealer NOT to sell those parts to ANYONE who wants to buy them and one can NOT "ass-u-me" that possession is illegal unless someone says something that makes it clear that they don't own any pre-ban guns and wish to install "evil parts" on a post-ban gun (still not illegal to sell the parts, but may not want the bad press when it hits the fan).

I wonder if this is not true OR if the person asked too many questions on the legality of x or y to make the shop feel uneasy about selling the items. Always keep in mind that even if legal to buy/sell/possess if something hits the fan, the media and police in MA will make a big stink about xyz shop selling Mr. Perp a such-and-such, causing bad press and headaches for the shop owner. If this is the case, I have no problem with a shop refusing a sale of anything.

ackar, not necessarily true. I have a pre-ban AR-15 and have swapped out the 3-position collapsible stock for a 6-position collapsible stock. If I wanted to, I could change out the bird-cage suppressor for a different style, all perfectly legal. There are tons of legit pre-ban ARs in use in MA and we can buy and swap whatever parts we wish on them.

Quite correct Len. Yeah I was speaking about post-ban. I am well aware of what I could do with a pre-ban. I bought a new SP1 years ago and foolishly sold it a few years later. Almost every day I think of what I could have done with that rifle. Sad story but true.

I am curious if this is just a once in a while situation or new store policy, hopefully it is the former.

Last edited:

Certainly not the problem. The kid behind the counter had no clue what he was doing. He had to get help from another guy who told him to get permission to sell the parts to me. Whoever was downstairs said no go on the stock,buffer tube,flash sup and fore grip. All he could offer me was a compliant angled fore grip.

Not a big deal.I still bought some powder and a cmg drop in from them.

Spent $1400 at rileys instead.Not my loss.

Last edited:
Certainly not the problem. The kid behind the counter had no clue what he was doing. He had to get help from another guy who told him to get permission to sell the parts to me. Whoever was downstairs said no go on the stock,buffer tube,flash sup and fore grip. All he could offer me was a compliant angled fore grip.

Not a big deal.I still bought some powder and a cmg drop in from them.

Spent $1400 at rileys instead.Not my loss.

Wait, when did foregrips become a no no?

Wait, when did foregrips become a no no?

None of that stuff ever did, they're just talking about store policy, apparently. The only time a foregrip is ever really a "legal problem" is if you have something like an AR pistol, if you put a VFG on it, it becomes an AOW, but that's a fed NFA thing, not an MA issue.

-Mike

None of that stuff ever did, they're just talking about store policy, apparently. The only time a foregrip is ever really a "legal problem" is if you have something like an AR pistol, if you put a VFG on it, it becomes an AOW, but that's a fed NFA thing, not an MA issue.

-Mike

Yes but with that recent Methuen PD/BATF circle jerk, the line gets a little fuzzy...

-Mike

Gotta be store policy for MA residents. They would sell me the angled grip...Not the vertical.

That is what I don't get. Why is one different than the other? The use of the word "compliant" is what I don't understand. Unless they mean compliant with weird store policies.

I can understand, if not agree with, the CYA mentality they have with ammo. To be clear, I don't agree. But the above nonsense is FR.

Will it keep me from trying to catch a deal on something on my way home from Riley's? Nope. But if I can purchase it anywhere else for close to the same dough, I'm spending elsewhere.

They had a bunch Sat and SUn....ask me how I knew :)

Was talking to Jim on Sat afternoon, he said at that point he had move 70k rounds of 22lk so far that day

Was up there last Wednesday since I called on Tuesday and were willing to put aside a case trimmer for me without asking. Loaded with powder and had decent amount of .22LR but limited to 500 rounds. I ended up buying a 300 pack of CCI minimags for $24.99.

Chris

What are the prices like on Dillon Precision equipment at Shooters?
I need another toolhead/quickchange, caliber conversion, and dies for my 650. I wonder if I should just order online from Dillon, Brian enos, or take a ride to Shooters.

I need another toolhead/quickchange, caliber conversion, and dies for my 650. I wonder if I should just order online from Dillon, Brian enos, or take a ride to Shooters.

Their prices are good, and you can take the stuff home with you and no sales tax. [grin]

Dillon catalog prices. No sales tax. If you don't mind the ride go for it. Check out Riley's to. They are loaded with Dillon stuff as well.

Dillon catalog prices. No sales tax. If you don't mind the ride go for it. Check out Riley's to. They are loaded with Dillon stuff as well.

Actually the Dillon die set, caliber conversion, and quick change were all few bucks less at shooters than from Dillon... And no, I didn't mind the ride

Back
Top Bottom