Shiny .38 snub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mossy Oak

Banned
If I was going to buy a .38 snub, I'd want it to be shiny metallic. Can anybody recommend a revolver that is really shiny metallic?

You can find nickel S&W snubbies that are neat. Then again, shiny could mean shiny blue as well. Do you want a "silver" type of look or a "black" type of look?

Also I'm curious as to why that is strictly what you are interested in.

shiny nickel! because i want it to be shiny! not dull!

Well, I like the look of nickel as well. Nickel snubbies do appeal to me as well. And the nickel is a durable finish for a gun that would be in and out of the pocket. The drawback, however, is that the high reflective surface could give your position away if it is a defense gun. And watch out not to use amonia based solvents like hoppes 9 when your cleaning it.

Well, I like the look of nickel as well. Nickel snubbies do appeal to me as well. And the nickel is a durable finish for a gun that would be in and out of the pocket. The drawback, however, is that the high reflective surface could give your position away if it is a defense gun. And watch out not to use amonia based solvents like hoppes 9 when your cleaning it.

Yeah nickel is what i was looking for but most of the ones i saw on S&Ws site didn't appear to have that "shine"

Yeah nickel is what i was looking for but most of the ones i saw on S&Ws site didn't appear to have that "shine"

Well, there are a lot of stainless ones that are going to look similar to but be a lot more dull than the nickel ones. I'm no expert in S&W history but I believe that nickel is an older finish and was more prominent in years past. I could be totally wrong about that. But I don't see as many new guns with the nickel finish. Have you taken a look at the S&W classics line? There might me some in there.

S&W 640 [smile]

SWm640.jpg

Is that shiny enough?

Yeah nickel is what i was looking for but most of the ones i saw on S&Ws sight didn't appear to have that "shine"

Like this one from S&W's site?

150197_large.jpg

They still make them. You have to look at their "classic" line to find nickel guns. That's a Model 36 like 45collector mentioned above.

As a side note, Massmark is a good guy. If you grow a slightly thicker skin, and learn to be a little more patient, you'll get along fine here. If you don't, you're going to continue to have confrontations in every single thread you start; unlike most of the other threads that don't feature... you. OK?

I like the one Radio posted. I am not a revolver guy but I could see myself owning that one.

You can always get creative here. Buy a snubbie that appeals to you that shows a lot of holster wear, read cheap.
Then have it sent out to be nickle plated. problem solved.

I like that but just not the grip. Ever see Taxi Driver? He bought the one with the "whitish" handle. Anything like that available?

Whitish? Well you can go Ivory, or fake Ivory, Pearl, or Pearlite, Mother of Pearl (otherwise known as "mother of toilet seat").

ETA: Please tell me you're not modelling yourself after Deniro's Taxi Driver. Next you'll be posting: WTB: Black walther PP, 8" S&W model 29, and chrome S&W .25 auto with "whitish" handle. [wink]

good movie though, taxi driver.

Last edited:
Whitish? Well you can go Ivory, or fake Ivory, Pearl, or Pearlite, Mother of Pearl (otherwise known as "mother of toilet seat").

Well what did Patton have on his pistol? Ivory?

Oh yeah, and do you think an Ivory grip would be readily available to swap in if I bought a classic S&W model 36 nickel plated?

Well what did Patton have on his pistol? Ivory?

Oh yeah, and do you think an Ivory grip would be readily available to swap in if I bought a classic S&W model 36 nickel plated?

Patton: "Only a New Orleans pimp would carry a pearl-handled pistol!"
Yes you can get all sorts of fake pearl and ivory grips for a S&W 36.

There are also the Barami grips in fake ivory..
A pretty cool and unique way to go. But they REALLY suck to shoot..

There are also the Barami grips in fake ivory..
A pretty cool and unique way to go. But they REALLY suck to shoot..

+1, I have fake Ivory for 1911's, PPK/s, S&W 36, Beretta 92FS. They all look nice but you don't really want to carry with them unless you're on your way to the BBQ!

Ok Lets forget Ivory for a second.

How about BLACK replacement grips for a model 36 nickel plated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom