Service List

Army Active Duty 1989 - 1996
Defense Language Institute 1989 - 1992
National Security Agency 1992 - 1993
Infantry School 1993
3/502d IN 101st ABN 1993 - 1996

Army Reserve 1996 - 1999
Two units I can't even remember - an instructor unit out of Lewiston-Auburn, ME and a drill sergeant in Manchester, NH

MA Army National Guard 2007 - present
772 Military Police, Taunton, MA (one deployment to Iraq 2008-2009)

For the last 19 months I have been at the Massachusetts Military Academy Officer Candidate School and I will be graduating August 4th and commissioned in the Military Police branch and my next assignment will be 747 MP CO in Westover, MA.

Glad to see so many military and former military in here.

Army Reserve 1996 - 1999
Two units I can't even remember - an instructor unit out of Lewiston-Auburn, ME and a drill sergeant in Manchester, NH

Same deal here. I've bounced around so much I don't even remember a few of my guard units. Though I'll never forget active duty.

1983-85 B co 2/36 infantry 3rd AD Kirgoens, Germany

There's a facebook group "3rd AD Kirch Goens" http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/62057041476/

The Rock has been turned into a business/logistics park some years ago and there's construction
still ongoing.
Week before last two souvenirs were found, 100 lb bombs courtesy of USAAF from late '44/early '45.
Wonder, how many GI's/tanks/tracks went over these over the course of the years.

Same deal here. I've bounced around so much I don't even remember a few of my guard units. Though I'll never forget active duty.

I probably mentally blocked the two reserve units I was in - they were both sort of a waste of time. Of course, that was before the current wars and the reserves were not really taken seriously, so I can't speak for how they are now. I remember in the 90s when someone wanted to stop drilling, they just stopped showing up and nobody cared! These days if a soldier isn't at drill by an hour or two after first formation, we send the cops or an AWOL apprehention team to their house.

There's a facebook group "3rd AD Kirch Goens" http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/62057041476/

The Rock has been turned into a business/logistics park some years ago and there's construction
still ongoing.
Week before last two souvenirs were found, 100 lb bombs courtesy of USAAF from late '44/early '45.
Wonder, how many GI's/tanks/tracks went over these over the course of the years.

I belong to that group. I posted a folder full of Kirchgoens pics.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably mentally blocked the two reserve units I was in - they were both sort of a waste of time. Of course, that was before the current wars and the reserves were not really taken seriously, so I can't speak for how they are now. I remember in the 90s when someone wanted to stop drilling, they just stopped showing up and nobody cared! These days if a soldier isn't at drill by an hour or two after first formation, we send the cops or an AWOL apprehention team to their house.
I know what you mean about the pre-9/11 guard and reserve. It seems like many units didn't take themselves too seriously. They've come a long way.

Along with a few more scars from a wonderful set of "eternal body bling" rpg shrapnel style to the shoulder haha.

- - - Updated - - -

but thanks, good to be aboard, and home.

USN See Bees 1967-1970.
MCB 8 - Two tours in Viet Nam
Between tours I was on the base pistol team in Port Hueneme, CA. All the pistol team had to do was beat the Marines and the pistol team had no other duty.

Any other See Bees on this forum?

Heavythumb

Hi All,

New to NES. Waiting 8+ weeks for LTC (any day now!)

USAF and USAFR October 1976 - October 2003.

McGuire AFB, NJ 76-78
Westover ARB, MA 78-86
Dobbins ARB, GA 86-99
Willow Grove ARB, PA 99-00
Westover ARB, MA 00-03

Activated 2X after 9/11

Retired 2003

US NAVY 2004 - 2008

Aviation Electronics Technician 3rd Class(Qual'd AT2 prior to EAOS)

Good Cookie, NDSM, GWOTEM, GWOTSM, Sea Service, Humanitarian, Expert Pistol, Expert Rifle

FLOC, LOC and Sailor of Quarter

Homeport Norfolk, VA

SEAOPDET @ USS Enterprise & @ USS GeeDub

US ARMY Aviation 2006-2012
Aircraft Powertrain Repairer
Training on OH-58D, CH-47, AH-64 & UH-60
Experience on UH-60A & L models

West Bend, WI 2007-2010
Otis ANGB, MA 2010-2012

IET Ft Sill, 1994
Wyo ARNG 1994-97 (13F)
2d and 1st Bns, 505 Parachute Infantry Regt, 82d Abn 1998-2001 (11A, 35D)

French foreign Legion, 82-88, 2nd airborne (2eme REP), 1st company (specialized in urban warfare) and 2nd infantery (2eme REI). SNiper team from 83-87, first 2 years as a spotter. Several deployments. Last rank was caporal.

USAR
Ft Dix, NJ. BCT
Ft Sam Houston, TX. AIT
92B, Medical Lab Tech
819th Station Hospital,CT 1985-1990
Ft Meade,MD - 1991

I'll bet that you and I know some of the same people... I moved to the unit in WH shortly after you left. There's still a few around that remember the 819th.

Back
Top Bottom