Letters to Servicemembers

I would try reaching out to the local recruiters office, they may have info on an APO collection point with address or phone number that could help out.

Sending letters from kids has been fairly common for years so I’d guess there’s a “rally point” somewhere for the dissemination of said letters.

When I was deployed, I got a load of letters from a bunch of kids who attended the school my mom worked at. I was touched.

She should ask around to see whether anyone at her school or in her circle of acquaintance has a deployed family member, then she should "adopt" that guy and the rest of his unit. It'll have more meaning that way.

IIRC you are a BR&P member. Years ago there was a woman (I assume a BR&P member) who organized packing boxes to ship to deployed troops. We participated in that once or twice at the club. Send Eric an Email asking for her contact info (she ran some group that did stuff like this) as she'd likely have the info you need.

The emblem club, part of the Elks seems to have a good handle on contacting these guys to send them care packages and has had for years. Heck, they sent me a care package when I was in Nam and I've been supporting them ever since.

The emblem club, part of the Elks seems to have a good handle on contacting these guys to send them care packages and has had for years. Heck, they sent me a care package when I was in Nam and I've been supporting them ever since.

I tell ya that's amazing. I didn't know such things happened in Vietnam!

Can you tell which one is the 'care package'...?

jq_s2_walker.JPG

They are sending the first batches to a local VA hospital and Walter Reed.

She posted a notice at Boston Latin School and 53 kids showed up to the classroom after school.

Back
Top Bottom