Serbu Super Shorty

The Mossberg or Remington it's made from is a shotgun, and it meets the rest of the sawed off definition.
Mark buys receivers which have never been made into a shotgun and, therefore, they are AOWS rather than sawed offs. You can't buy them already made in MA since they meed the definition of a "firearms" and thus need to be on the lab tested or target certified list.

That's not what his website says.

The SUPER-SHORTY is based on a Mossberg Maverick (also available on Mossberg 500 or Remington 870 at additional cost) 12-gauge shotgun which came from the factory with a pistol grip

Mark buys receivers which have never been made into a shotgun and, therefore, they are AOWS rather than sawed offs. You can't buy them already made in MA since they meed the definition of a "firearms" and thus need to be on the lab tested or target certified list.

I beleive that is incorrect, to a degree. Mark (serbu) buys recievers (or infact complete pistol gripped 18 in barrelled factory shotguns) that have never had a stock on them, so they can be registered as $5 tax AOW's rather than $200 tax Short Barrel Shotguns.

And you cant buy them in mass, because they are modified shotguns.

And honestly I have no idea what you mean by lab tested / target certified, are you suggesting they are pistols?

I beleive that is incorrect, to a degree. Mark (serbu) buys recievers (or infact complete pistol gripped 18 in barrelled factory shotguns) that have never had a stock on them, so they can be registered as $5 tax AOW's rather than $200 tax Short Barrel Shotguns.

And you cant buy them in mass, because they are modified shotguns.

And honestly I have no idea what you mean by lab tested / target certified, are you suggesting they are pistols?

He's not suggesting it. As it stands, they meet the definition of "firearms" which in MA we know to mean pistol/revolver.

While not impossible, it's probably going to be difficult... to channel Walter Sobchak....

Walter Sobchak: You want a toe? I can get you a toe, believe me. There are ways, Dude. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

The Dude: Yeah, but Walter...

Walter Sobchak: Hell, I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon... with nail polish. These f**king amateurs...

Back
Top Bottom