Self-defense pocketknives that are Mass compliant?

All the talk about "don't carry a knife if you're not trained" is bullshit, completely ignore it. Why? Here me out:

1. Pocket knives are a utility tool and have more uses than just self-defense

2. The chances you are put in a situation against another person/people who have been trained and are up-to-date on hand-to-hand combat and knife fighting is slim for the average person. I'm not talking about operators operating at zero-dark thirty, but the average person going about their day. I walk my dog every afternoon/evening. I carry a pocket knife every time.

3. Wild animals have an evolutionary advantage over us, but our tech/brain is the great equalizer, use it. Bears have claws and teeth. Dogs/coyotes/wolves have teeth and strong jaws, etc. We have tools. Use them. A blade will do significantly more damage against an opponent than your hands/feet, unless you've been trained and are fit and happen to be gifted with physique/strength/size. Even a 5'3" woman with a blade can be dangerous to a 6'2" man with an 80-100lb weight difference.

4. The excuse "it could be used against me" is another BS excuse. If you're in a situation where you need a knife for protection, not having one is infinitely worse than having one and could be a life saver. It's no different than carrying a firearm. Either/both could be turned against you.

5. Practice and get some training if you don't have any. While I argue above that you should still carry a knife regardless, we preach training for firearms. It's the same for knives if you plan on using one for self defense. At a minimum, learn some basics so you don't get disarmed/knocked on your ass immediately.

6. Keep a knife as part of a multi-layered strategy, not the only strategy. I.e. escalation of force/different situations: mace, stun gun, knife, gun for instance. I'm not saying you'll have time to use all four, I'm saying being prepared for any/all contingencies is probably the safest way to prepare.

I've spent 30 years avoiding have anyone mess with me just by making eye contact. I would not tell my sister to carry a knife.

I tell my wife to carry a knife and mace with her when she takes the dog for a walk at 6AM in the dark by herself. Why would you want your sister to be completely defenseless? See my post above. Why ignore 3000 years of technological advancement in metals, not to mention our complete lack of "defensive" capabilities, i.e. no claws/sharp teeth/thick fur?

I tell my wife to carry a knife and mace with her when she takes the dog for a walk at 6AM in the dark by herself. Why would you want your sister to be completely defenseless? See my post above. Why ignore 3000 years of technological advancement in metals, not to mention our complete lack of "defensive" capabilities, i.e. no claws/sharp teeth/thick fur?
I make my wife walk the dog in full knights armor with mail and level 4 plates under

Can never be too careful

If it's for the car, keep a cold steel shovel with the sides sharpened. If a cop asks, it's for when your car gets stuck. Way longer reach than a 2.5 inch folding blade and better than keeping a ka-bar since you're not allowed to.

In what state is it illegal to keep a ka-bar in the car? I’ve kept a fixed blade in my car since I was old enough to drive.

All the talk about "don't carry a knife if you're not trained" is bullshit, completely ignore it. Why? Here me out:

1. Pocket knives are a utility tool and have more uses than just self-defense

2. The chances you are put in a situation against another person/people who have been trained and are up-to-date on hand-to-hand combat and knife fighting is slim for the average person. I'm not talking about operators operating at zero-dark thirty, but the average person going about their day. I walk my dog every afternoon/evening. I carry a pocket knife every time.

3. Wild animals have an evolutionary advantage over us, but our tech/brain is the great equalizer, use it. Bears have claws and teeth. Dogs/coyotes/wolves have teeth and strong jaws, etc. We have tools. Use them. A blade will do significantly more damage against an opponent than your hands/feet, unless you've been trained and are fit and happen to be gifted with physique/strength/size. Even a 5'3" woman with a blade can be dangerous to a 6'2" man with an 80-100lb weight difference.

4. The excuse "it could be used against me" is another BS excuse. If you're in a situation where you need a knife for protection, not having one is infinitely worse than having one and could be a life saver. It's no different than carrying a firearm. Either/both could be turned against you.

5. Practice and get some training if you don't have any. While I argue above that you should still carry a knife regardless, we preach training for firearms. It's the same for knives if you plan on using one for self defense. At a minimum, learn some basics so you don't get disarmed/knocked on your ass immediately.

6. Keep a knife as part of a multi-layered strategy, not the only strategy. I.e. escalation of force/different situations: mace, stun gun, knife, gun for instance. I'm not saying you'll have time to use all four, I'm saying being prepared for any/all contingencies is probably the safest way to prepare.
The OP is a woman. Get some pepper spray, stun gun or a firearm. The attacker is going to be a man with a large strength and reach advantage. As always, everyone is free to do what they want.

The OP is a woman. Get some pepper spray, stun gun or a firearm. The attacker is going to be a man with a large strength and reach advantage. As always, everyone is free to do what they want.

You think a woman can't stick a knife into a man? This woman might have something to say about that (hint: it's Lorena Bobbitt)

1701103286095.png

I think OP does carry but wanted a knife for the car in case someone smashes window and tries to reach in to get her. Pepper spray in the car would not be great for her in that situation. A simple knife mounted someplace she can reach it and then go stabby twist stabby twist on someone leaning inside her window is not a bad idea.

I think OP does carry but wanted a knife for the car in case someone smashes window and tries to reach in to get her. Pepper spray in the car would not be great for her in that situation. A simple knife mounted someplace she can reach it and then go stabby twist stabby twist on someone leaning inside her window is not a bad idea.
I didn't reread the thread. But, my first choice is always run away or drive away. Leave enough space to car in front, situational awareness, etc. Reaching in my driver's window, turning left and punching it on forward or reverse might be best option.

Op also if your deadset on a knife for self d

Karambits are nasty little buggers

Get a training tool as well for practice

But id recommend looking up picturea as to what they can do... messy messy

cop once told me keeping a fixed blade knife in the car if it's not in plain view, counts as 'carrying concealed'
lol. Cops. Not the best at laws.

I’m assuming you’re talking about MA. Knife laws do vary by state and even city. But in general, and I could be wrong, I believe that you can have a concealed knife on your person or car so long as it’s not on the list of types of knives that are prohibited by the locality.

If it's for the car, keep a cold steel shovel with the sides sharpened. If a cop asks, it's for when your car gets stuck. Way longer reach than a 2.5 inch folding blade and better than keeping a ka-bar since you're not allowed to.

View attachment 821407
I have one of those in my truck. I would not want to be on the receiving end of it.

lol. Cops. Not the best at laws.

I’m assuming you’re talking about MA. Knife laws do vary by state and even city. But in general, and I could be wrong, I believe that you can have a concealed knife on your person or car so long as it’s not on the list of types of knives that are prohibited by the locality.
Local knife regulations are garbage not worth the paper they're written on. What's the worst thing that can happen to you if you kill someone in Boston with a knife of prohibited length?
I guess they'll add a $50 fine to a 20 yr prison sentence.

I think I posted somewhere how my obviously "illegal" in Boston knife triggered the metal detector when I had some business in the Boston PD HQ and the cop at the door took it and returned it to me when I was leaving the building. Disclosure: I don't look or behave like a banger.

If it is truly legal to have a fixed blade knife in your car in most or all places, you'd probably want to have something with a as long reach as possible and piercing tanto point if someone's trying to jack you from your car window. An 18 inch wakizashi blade would be my choice only cause it would be difficult to unsheathe a katana within a vehicle.

A1RZ06sz35L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I know you get what you pay for, but what if you only pay $8?

FLISSA Bushcraft Knife, Fixed Blade Knife with Nylon Sheath, Stainless Steel Blade, Ideal for Camping, Backpacking, Fishing, Hiking or Survival, 4 Inch https://a.co/d/8qqD2pm

If it is truly legal to have a fixed blade knife in your car in most or all places, you'd probably want to have something with a as long reach as possible and piercing tanto point if someone's trying to jack you from your car window. An 18 inch wakizashi blade would be my choice only cause it would be difficult to unsheathe a katana within a vehicle.
I disagree. Cars are confined environments and long blades would be difficult to deploy.

I haven't left the house without a knife on me since I got my first jack knife in cub scouts. I never once even thought about "Mass compliance".
The only time i ever kinda cared in mass was when i thought i was a 30s gangster and carried auto knives

But then i realized those are kinda a novelty and went back to a folder

View attachment 821453
Um how are you planning on swinging an 18in blade in the car? Are you a midget?

the problem is many municipalities have their own local ordinances, Lynn being one and their limit is 2.5"

Boston, the cities of Cambridge, Revere, Salem, Beverly, Worcester and Lawrence also have a 2.5" limit
Stupid law because that makes a standard Leatherman Wave an illegal weapon in Boston. But they are sold in every Home Depot in Boston.

Either the Matriarch (top) or the Civilian (bottom)

Neither are “stabby” knives, but great for untrained wet work, because they are designed for defensive slashing

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom