Self-defense pocketknives that are Mass compliant?

Not sure about the sizes. I am sure though that if you don't know how to use a knife in a fight you really shouldn't be bringing one along. If you know how to use it more power to you. Few people do.
I'm not thinking about it in a mano a mano sense, but if someone were to reach into my car to try and open the door or grab me, to have something to get their attention.

the problem is many municipalities have their own local ordinances, Lynn being one and their limit is 2.5"

Boston, the cities of Cambridge, Revere, Salem, Beverly, Worcester and Lawrence also have a 2.5" limit
I'm curious, does that include knives that stay in your home as well or just carry?

Not sure about the sizes. I am sure though that if you don't know how to use a knife in a fight you really shouldn't be bringing one along. If you know how to use it more power to you. Few people do.

This. Plus, unless you're extremely competent with unarmed combat you have no business learning how to knife fight.

Loser of a knife fight dies on the spot. Winner dies on the way to the hospital.

As do I...and just to repeat, as a small person, the drawback to fighting with knives is that you have to go toward the danger, which is something I would never do, but having it in the home or in the car, why not?
You are basically giving the attacker something to kill you with unless you are an expert in technique and combat in general. What about pepper spray?

As do I...and just to repeat, as a small person, the drawback to fighting with knives is that you have to go toward the danger, which is something I would never do, but having it in the home or in the car, why not?
I'm picking up what you're putting down.

I'm curious, does that include knives that stay in your home as well or just carry?
No. You can keep any knife you want at home. Switch blade, dagger, whatever.

Defensive knife use doesn’t require much training really. The person attacking you is unlikely to have any training either. To quote from a great TV show “stick him with the pointy end.” That’s really all there is to it.

No. You can keep any knife you want at home. Switch blade, dagger, whatever.

Defensive knife use doesn’t require much training really. The person attacking you is unlikely to have any training either. To quote from a great TV show “stick him with the pointy end.” That’s really all there is to it.

You need some real force on force training. Not too many places that do that. If you don't know how to keep your hands up and elbows tucked in you're gonna get checkmated immediately. Ask anyone who'se taken even a couple of BJJ classes what happens if your structure breaks down. If you're untrained and take some damage the first thing that will happen is you drop your hands and open your elbows. I never assume the other guy can't fight.

I’ve carried a Victorinox Swiss Army knife since I was eight. As a combination tool, it’s OK at each of its functions but not perfect for it. I very rarely carry other knives although I have some. Massachusetts has some bizarre laws on knives. You can walk down the street with the cavalry saber on your hip because it’s exposed but the second there is any kind of a false edge or anything like that, it becomes illegal as a double edged knife. I’ve been fishing and carried a Mora knife on my hip. I generally keep it in the car. I guess a utility knife like those made by Stanley or craftsman would be fairly neutral in a legal sense. Just spitballing though. I am certainly not an attorney.

I keep a can of bear spray near every door in my home. Although i carry, my wife does not. I keep pepper spray in the center console of our car. I'm a big guy and still not going to get into a knife fight with anyone.

If it’s for a car or the home, I think I would go with a fixed blade in an easily-accessible spot.

As others have mentioned, if carrying then a lot of towns have their own limits. I believe Boston is single-edged and under 2.5”? If you are in Boston and happen to have one with a pocket clip and the police notice the clip, they may escalate things and approach you for questioning.

also, make sure that you don’t run into a street tough who has been trained by this guy, or you could get shamefully disarmed by a complete and utter moron:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/bF_mAH5nfPE?feature=share

If it’s for a car or the home, I think I would go with a fixed blade in an easily-accessible spot.

As others have mentioned, if carrying then a lot of towns have their own limits. I believe Boston is single-edged and under 2.5”? If you are in Boston and happen to have one with a pocket clip and the police notice the clip, they may escalate things and approach you for questioning.

also, make sure that you don’t run into a street tough who has been trained by this guy, or you could get shamefully disarmed by a complete and utter moron:

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/bF_mAH5nfPE?feature=share

Love how his technique is to stand still and go to 50/50 and index the pointy bit at his own face. That's some high level shit. All the attacker has to do is fall forward and you're getting it in the throat.

Love how his technique is to stand still and go to 50/50 and index the pointy bit at his own face. That's some high level shit. All the attacker has to do is fall forward and you're getting it in the throat.
Pretty sure he's super duper tactical as f***

You're just jealous

Rumor has it he turned down a stud club invite

Just carry any knife. If you get stopped by the jackboots, just claim it's a tool.

Framing chisel:

Bench-Chisel-15.jpg

Spoke shaver tool: 110 Auto Elite Knife
0110BKSA-B__18425.1686260885.386.513.png

Just carry any knife. If you get stopped by the jackboots, just claim it's a tool.

Framing chisel:

Bench-Chisel-15.jpg

Spoke shaver tool: 110 Auto Elite Knife
0110BKSA-B__18425.1686260885.386.513.png
That framing Chisel would be perfect for an easy access spot in a car. Nice reach and easy to explain Having tools in the car

Back
Top Bottom