Self Defense Insurance - How many have it?

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have some but not insurance
"Not insurance" is a disclaimer and limitation of protection to you, not a "Feature". It is a designation designed to avoid regulatory and licensing issues.

jimnasium

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
USCCA. when i joined they were offering $29/month with spouse included. so $348/yr for 2 of us . base plan

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down the rabbit hole, somewhere in Paradise.
Best bet is to practice judgment proofing. Place your primary asset, your home, in an irrevocable trust to protect it from lien/levy and seizure from judgment creditors. Do the same for large bank accounts. Collection lawyers are looking for an easy payday. Put up as many barriers as possible to prevent it.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Best bet is to practice judgment proofing. Place your primary asset, your home, in an irrevocable trust to protect it from lien/levy and seizure from judgment creditors. Do the same for large bank accounts. Collection lawyers are looking for an easy payday. Put up as many barriers as possible to prevent it.
Irrevocable means you lose control of it, and has some serious limitations.

Buck Faker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Does a personal Liability floater cover this type of stuff?
A personal liability policy (homeowners & umbrella) excludes intentional acts however will generally cover civil liability in a reasonable use of force in a self defense situation. However, since you’ll be investigated and almost certainly be charged w a crime in even the most legit firearms related self defense event in MA, I wouldn’t count on the home/umbrella insurance carrier to provide coverage. And a personal liability policy does not provide coverage for the criminal legal defense.

Rob Boudrie

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A personal liability policy (homeowners & umbrella) excludes intentional acts however will generally cover civil liability in a reasonable use of force in a self defense situation. However, since you’ll be investigated and almost certainly be charged w a crime in even the most legit firearms related self defense event in MA, I wouldn’t count on the home/umbrella insurance carrier to provide coverage. And a personal liability policy does not provide coverage for the criminal legal defense.
My policy excludes intentional acts unless taken with the intent of protecting persons or property.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Does anyone know of a case when someone had to use self defense insurance?

Maybe someone in MA?

I am curious to know if they really work as they say, or if it becomes a pain in the a** to get anything out of them.

cams

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Ya I get that but OP just had his experience in a safety course. What’s with the sudden push.
The last rush for LTC’s and gun sales across the country since Feb when we thought zombies were coming. I’m totally guessing at a number, but let’s just say 500K new gun owners across the country in the last 5 months.

That’s a whole lot of money can be made by pressuring them into thinking they’re doing the only right thing by buying this INS immediately.

“In fact! It’s so important we brought in a GREAT guy (instructors BIL) from ‘XYZ Ins’ to talk to you about it right now.”

Nothing happens without money. And nothing happens where money can’t be made somehow in 10 different directions.

556USER

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know of a case when someone had to use self defense insurance?

Maybe someone in MA?

I am curious to know if they really work as they say, or if it becomes a pain in the a** to get anything out of them.
This is all that matters, cases of usage in Mass. Until that data is known there is no telling of what use this insurance might be.

Top Bottom