• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Self Defense Insurance - How many have it?

Do they have a list of attorneys they work with in MA and can you select a preferred one?

So, if you need to call them and only have 2min to talk before the cops arrive, let them know you are getting arrested, what town and they contact the attorney on file.

$.02 The process of getting arrested, arraigned and bailed can be handled by any 'family attorney'. You know, "my client is an upstanding pillar of the community' stuff. Just stick to your 5A rights and deal with the charges after bail, ROR, and such. Then hire the biggest baddest a**h*** of a defense you can afford.

@nstassel , what say you? or others?

I’ve had the CCWSafe Ultimate plan for a few years. Had it when I was in MA and notified and updated everything when I moved to NH last year. Make sure you guys keep everything updated with your LTC and permits of different states as needed.

I went with CCWSafe for some of the reasons already listed as well as it being the best option for me and the wife. Also for the instance of god forbid something happens with our firearms involving someone else (not self defense on our behalf or even involving us directly).

I’ll have to did up the info I got while researching this but if I remember correctly the will help you find and fight in the event of a ND or any firearm related incident.

When I contacted USCCA it seemed like they couldn’t answer many questions. At the time I lived in MA and had specific questions about MA laws and the quirkiness that would find someone looking at suitability issues or make someone a prohibited person and wether they would fund a defense or fight on your behalf.

I’ve never seen anyone use any of these companies in MA but I have a feeling it would be a shit show. As it is MA wants to make liability insurance mandatory but if you even need to use it I can see the libs going nuts saying “you bought murder insurance and it’s pre meditated”.

I hope I never need it and if I do I hope it’s never in MA.

I hope I never need it and if I do I hope it’s never in MA.
I live in Plymouth County, where an old guy was recently prosecuted (and acquited) for first degree murder because he stabbed a punk half his age who was assaulting him in his car, after cutting the old dude off in traffic. First degree because a split second was "long enough" for the guy to choose self-defense over crashing through a few parked cars in order to escape.

I can't imagine owning a firearm in this shithole without insurance.

I live in Plymouth County, where an old guy was recently prosecuted (and acquited) for first degree murder because he stabbed a punk half his age who was assaulting him in his car, after cutting the old dude off in traffic. First degree because a split second was "long enough" for the guy to choose self-defense over crashing through a few parked cars in order to escape.

It was probably first degree because he did not role over and cop a plea.

Sorrry for the long wait foe the reply. Finished a move to Fla. and took the concealed carry class which at the end they offer this sevice. No pressure. I haven't had time to resource their website but like what they had to offer.

I keep a Maglight flashlight in the driver's side door pocket for this purpose. Great flashlight and doubles as a very effective impact weapon. MA has not outlawed the possession of flashlights by us lowly "civilians". At least not yet!

I keep a Maglight flashlight in the driver's side door pocket for this purpose. Great flashlight and doubles as a very effective impact weapon. MA has not outlawed the possession of flashlights by us lowly "civilians". At least not yet!
They're hoping that the great advances in LED technology
means we'll all be carrying Noisy Crickets instead of D-cell bludgeons.

Thought for sure you'd be a tire thumper kinda guy

A veteran officer taught me that carrying a flashlight in the hand doesn't get the "I want to fight" reaction that carrying the baton in your hand would, when responding to questionable calls. I always carried a 5-D cell Maglite on the job.
@Admin
@drgrant
@EddieCoyle

Would be nice to have a sticky with CCW insurance information. Not sure if this is the best thread, but something to make it easier for members to find and read about it.
Nobody reads the stickies. They just post a new thread each and every time.

I have uscca and think the cost is reasonable if it was ever needed. More of peace of mind and have an attorney on retainer with their pool of lawyers

This thread makes me think "Why do WE need Self Defense Insurance? Shouldn't the jackass that earns a shooting have the insurance...?"

This thread makes me think "Why do WE need Self Defense Insurance? Shouldn't the jackass that earns a shooting have the insurance...?"
Never even crossed my mind. Homeowner's insurance is part of my HOA condo fee. Someone invades my home, they are receiving a 12 gauge shotgun blast from my Remington 870. Period!

Never even crossed my mind. Homeowner's insurance is part of my HOA condo fee. Someone invades my home, they are receiving a 12 gauge shotgun blast from my Remington 870. Period!
HOA does not cover criminal defenses, and *may* cover liability for an accidental shooting or one intended to protect persons or property.

Check on your "HOA insurance as part of your condo fee". This kind of insurance generally covers the public areas/external walls/etc., and liability judgements against the association. It does not cover damages to individual units, theft from individual units, liability judgements (or defense against) for claims made against condo owners as individuals. Depending on the policy, it *may* cover individuals sued in their capacity as trustee or board members of the association.

If you find out otherwise, please let me know as I will have some shopping to do.

Very disturbing. USCCA has been collecting Platinum membership fees from me since 2016. I'd be super pissed if they shit on me after paying $$ for years.

I am definitely going to look at CCW Safe and consider changing.
Particularly crappy that they paid $50K then decided they would not pay any more.

And as the man said, maybe if the women had had a fully funded defense, she wouldn’t have been found guilty.

Q: if she appeals and is found not guilty, can she go back and sue USCCA with any effect?

I believe that table quotes a family plan with the highest bond protection available. My cost for CCWsafe is $179 a year.
Note that the bond covers the bond fee, it does not post the actual bond. CCWSAFE has limits ("Recognized self defense...", whatever that means. But, it is very clear that there may be a collateralization requirement from the bonding firm (such a filing a lien on your house) and that CCWSAFE does not cover any collateral, only a max 10% bail bond fee.
The USCCA lawsuit was thrown out of court.

Cued up:

View: https://youtu.be/d8o5MfSPuC0?t=774

Attorney Branca makes an excellent point - he states that US Law Shield pays attorneys a monthly fee to be part of their network and handle the cases, but that none of those attorneys could actually be expected to provide a full defense if a claim were made (basically, attorneys are underwriting the actual risk, and the chance of collecting may be slim).

But, he repeatedly dodged my question asking if he got any fee from CCWSAFE, and also fails to mention that CCWSAFE has the same exclusion he is advising people to avoid USCCA to avoid.

Q: if she appeals and is found not guilty, can she go back and sue USCCA with any effect?
Read the decision. One of the claims was dismissed without prejudice for exactly this reason.

Note that the bond covers the bond fee, it does not post the actual bond. CCWSAFE has limits ("Recognized self defense...", whatever that means. But, it is very clear that there may be a collateralization requirement from the bonding firm (such a filing a lien on your house) and that CCWSAFE does not cover any collateral, only a max 10% bail bond fee.

Attorney Branca makes an excellent point - he states that US Law Shield pays attorneys a monthly fee to be part of their network and handle the cases, but that none of those attorneys could actually be expected to provide a full defense if a claim were made (basically, attorneys are underwriting the actual risk, and the chance of collecting may be slim).

But, he repeatedly dodged my question asking if he got any fee from CCWSAFE, and also fails to mention that CCWSAFE has the same exclusion he is advising people to avoid USCCA to avoid.

Read the decision. One of the claims was dismissed without prejudice for exactly this reason.
He said clearly CCW Safe is a paid sponsor.

Self defense insurance is just a trap. Once you have it, they will mandate it, no biggie right? I have it already. Then it becomes like malpractice insurance, not affordable. No worries, I'll just drop it...right? Sorry, it's mandated, remember. So sorry, no insurance, no 2A.

Requiring people to have insurance to carry is in itself an infringement on the 2A. And the end means is ominous.

Back
Top Bottom