• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Seecamp 380

Anyone have a seecamp 380? What are your impressions of this gun? How reliable and accurate do you think it is? Anyone have any serious problems with one they purchased in the past 4 years?

How.....accurate do you think it is?
first welcome.

don't have one but it has a miniscule barrel and virtually no sights, it's not a target pistol. i'd say it's a last ditch backup gun at best that you'd be using when your assailant is close enough you can smell their breath.

Not within your 4 year timeframe but...I did own a couple of the LWS 380s. One bought used on GB, one bought new from Milford. Sold the used one when the new one finally arrived after a 12 month wait. Eventually sold the 2nd one as well.

Each performed flawlessly. I put about 150 rounds through each with no issues. Sold the 1st one because I didn't need 2. Sold the second on because the damn things were just too painful to shoot. 7 rounds, 1 in the pipe and a full mag of 6 was my limit. They were always the last gun I fired at the range (when I had one with me).

As far as accuracy, I never shot them at more than seven yards but at that distance I could put 7 rounds on center mass on a life size silhouette in less than 6 seconds. Then I'd pack up and go home. Not a fun range gun. But good for what they are designed for.

The LWS32 is much more comfortable to shoot which allows slightly better accuracy and a faster mag dump. I have 2 32s, one is in the classifieds.

Last edited:
If you're looking for a Seecamp, I highly recommend the 32 over the 380. More comfortable to shoot. I have one listed in the dealer classifieds (TheArmsDealer) if you'd like to take a peek.

I've got a .32, and it's like owning a fine pocket watch. However, I don't typically carry it anymore- when I want something that small, I reach for the S&W BG380. Slimmer, lighter, shoots better (mine has XS Big Dot sights) and it splits the difference between the Seecamp and my Shield or J frame. Plus it's got MagGuts +1 springs/follower in each mag. Just a much more capable carry gun with much better ammo. I also found that the Seecamp, when carried in the pocket of jeans, would wear on the pockets quite a bit and especially create a vertical line on the front of the pocket where the mag floorplate was.

That said, I'm still glad I bought the Seecamp, and I'll never sell it. It's a superb, finely crafted pistol that fills Seecamp's (the man) philosophy of why you own a pistol...based on the experience he had in WW2 and also fitting the "rule of 3" (3 shots, 3 feet, 3 seconds).

EDIT: To address the original questions....It is not a lot of fun to shoot a Seecamp 32, and it's definitely not a lot of fun at all to shoot the 380 (I've tried a friend's). Almost any of the similarly-sized .380s on the market are going to be significantly easier on your hands. Reliability is usually 100% if you match the ammo to the gun AND perform the recommended maintenance REGULARLY. Accuracy is limited by the shooter, not the pistol. You are better off practicing instinctive point shooting, although you can use the channel along the slide to "aim." If you can master the trigger you will do okay with accuracy. If you are great with a J frame trigger, you can master the Seecamp, but it's going to be difficult outside of dry firing because of the recoil.

Bottom line, in my opinion, if you want a .380 you may be better off with another pistol. If you want a Seecamp, you will be better off with the .32.

Last edited:
i have a seecamp 32 no problems but the way things are today you need power and capacity. don't carry less than a 9mm and prefer high capacity. glock 26 fits the bill with 10 rds concealed and you can still find 15 rd mags which i carry as a spare

Back
Top Bottom