• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ruger Security-380 New!

Because they have hand strength issues, making traditional designs hard to operate?
It's right there in the ad copy...
Fair point but I find it hard to believe anyone with hand strength issues would like any small .380. Will wait for a review.

Bersa has been making a 15 rd .380 for decades. Sure, it's DA/SA and can't mount a light on it, but who is going to buy this Ruger and put a light on it and carry it?

Fair point but I find it hard to believe anyone with hand strength issues would like any small .380. Will wait for a review.
I expect it'll depend how small it actually is. I've found that many of my more diminutive students find themselves to be more comfortable and to have better control with my Shield (with +2 basepads) than my G19. It all depends where in the range of motion of their grip they're strongest. At the end of the day, the market is benefited by having more options, especially if the average shooter is not the target market - it means someone's working to expand the market.

Edit - here it is with a G48.
1670908500906.png

Bersa has been making a 15 rd .380 for decades. Sure, it's DA/SA and can't mount a light on it, but who is going to buy this Ruger and put a light on it and carry it?
Also, different audiences. The target audience might not use a light, but maybe a laser?

Last edited:
I expect it'll depend how small it actually is. I've found that many of my more diminutive students find themselves to be more comfortable and to have better control with my Shield (with +2 basepads) than my G19. It all depends where in the range of motion of their grip they're strongest. At the end of the day, the market is benefited by having more options, especially if the average shooter is not the target market - it means someone's working to expand the market.

Also, different audiences. The target audience might not use a light, but maybe a laser?
I'm sure there are some laser grips out there for the PPK

Now thats innovative , another cheap plastic compact carry gun. There will be millions sold, and quickly flipped 6 months later.

Love my Kimber Micro 380

Last edited:
How about make products that are unique? Ruger seems obsessed with .380, the LCP, then the LC380, then the LCP Max, now the Security .380... I'm surprised they haven't made a .380 LCR built on the .38 Spl frame yet.

As much as I would want Ruger to go continue manufacturing revolvers in 454, 480 and so on ...

Their marketing department research probably showed most gun owners are fags that want yet another 380 so instead of having 17 to choose from they now have 18.

Don't worry, SW will release another one soon to make that 19 and a performance center version to make it 20.

Because you can never have enough plastic in the safe.

I am totally fine with a company making a profit, that is their goal.

I think it would be awesome if they also allowed their revolver division to continue production. Set them up as a separate entity under Ruger, the company will make money. Look at the Kahr group, they buy companies and make them better. When Kahr bought MR they were producing maybe 2 guns now you can even customize your gun.

The golden age of Ruger and SW giving a sh*t about the quality of their products and being proud ended 20 years ago.

Ruger might as well focus 100% on their .22LR, since it is the only thing keeping them alive.

Someone will say: BUT, THE LEVER ACTION! ... they seem to be doing a good job with the Marlin ... because they are set up as a separate entity/division, they are doing their thing.

Not a fan of appearance, but the 15+1 caught my eye. Tiny little backup gun with that capacity isn't terrible. Shame I live where I do though. I have no interest in it at 10+1.
I'd source myself a few of the 15's... 🤔

This is larger than LCPII and LCPMAX. Made to compete with P365 in .380 and G42 me thinks. Both aforementioned Rugers are super snappy so maybe they thinking of reduced recoil from the larger size being a selling point others have cashed in on? 365/380 and G42 are actually much better at recoil mitigation and follow up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221213-095416_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-095416_Samsung Internet.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20221213-095523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221213-095523_Samsung Internet.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 2
I haven't seen a new Blackhawk or Super Blackhawk in any of the shops down my way in a loooong time.
They pretty much stopped production.

I Emailed the top 3 CAS gunsmith in the country, they haven't seen a VAQUERO in over 2 years.

One got back to me a few weeks back, after being on his list for over a year, he finally got a shipment of UBERTI revolvers. But no Rugers.

These are gunsmiths with websites that sell guns and are recommended on several forums, not some obscure guy in a basement.

looks like Ruger placed all their focus on plastic.

Not a fan of appearance, but the 15+1 caught my eye. Tiny little backup gun with that capacity isn't terrible. Shame I live where I do though. I have no interest in it at 10+1.
Being in MA, very lucky to be part of the protected class that is allowed to have as much capacity as you want. A lot of us non LEOs have to weigh the features of a gun designed and sized for 'ten' without extensions.

Back
Top Bottom