Score !!! inherited 2 new guns!!!

well my great grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and today i got 2 old guns that were his. one is a winchester mod 1905 with serial number of 6014 wich dates it back to either 1905 or 1906!!!! and a harrington and richardson 12 gauge shotgun s/n 815493.

probaly not as old but still pretty cool. there both very rusty but i think i can bring them back to life. the 1905 has a peep site also , its missing the magazine but hopefully i can find one. oh man im so excited right now , i can wait to take them apart and take the steel wool to them !!!!!

Damn. MY great grandfather passed away about the same time your Winchester was made.

Sounds like you've go a couple of interesting projects there, young feller!

Damn. MY great grandfather passed away about the same time your Winchester was made.

Sounds like you've go a couple of interesting projects there, young feller!

wow , he was 92 , im only 21 and ive got a collection goin on. so far ive got :

ruger 10/22 i got for high school graduation gift
old marlin model 60 that was my grandfathers
mossberg 702 i got for free from a friend
mosin nagant m44
rossi 44mag lever action i bought yesterday for 175

and the two i got today!!!!!

i also have had a few pistols but sold them all , i also have my ccw!!

anyone have any info on these 2 guns ? especialy the winchester , i couldnt find any info on it really , or any dissasembly pictures. ill figure it out though , its gunna be fun getting these two back to working order.

I had a guy and his wife stop in looking for a "large safe" yesterday. Boy, did he need large. He just inherited 80-handguns and 40 rifles from his father. The gift that keeps on giving...[wink]

Congrats on your new collection - Cross-X is on the money - take your time cleaning them. It sounds like the rifle may be a beaut...

I wouldn't use steel wool if I were you. Use bronze wool, which is softer than steel and won't destroy any metal on your gun and will save any bluing.

It's a score when your great-grand-father passes away? Oh we know your priorities.

Sorry for your loss. Hold on to those fine old weapons and think of your great grand dad every time you handle them. They obviously meant a lot to him and he wanted you to have them.

Gary

I think people are jumping to conclusions here regarding his excitement over the guns. Cut him some slack. He can post his excitedness to have such old guns, he doesnt need to share with everybody how he feels having lost a family member. Just because he doesnt share it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist!

I think people are jumping to conclusions here regarding his excitement over the guns. Cut him some slack. He can post his excitedness to have such old guns, he doesnt need to share with everybody how he feels having lost a family member. Just because he doesnt share it, doesnt mean it doesnt exist!

exactly.

thank you. i just wanted share my excitement over getting the guns , i probaly shouldnt have used the word score , but i was so excited to get them. he acutally worked at the yarmouth landfill and this is where he got them , somebody was going to throw them out and he took them , hes had them for some time , maybe 20 years. he was a pretty kick ass guy , he was in the tank division in ww2.

Back
Top Bottom