SA/DA guns that can be carried "cocked and locked"

If she shoots the Kahr, I'd suggest the P9, not the PM9.

The ability for her to use her whole hand to grasp the gun greatly helps with recoil control.
Absolutely. The purpose of the MK9/PM9 is to make the gun small enough to fit into a pocket. You can fit a much larger gun into a purse. The MK9/PM9 are harder to control, have significantly stiffer recoil springs, more felt recoil, and shorter sight radii than the K9/P9.

At one point, I bought a belt holster for my MK9/PM9. But then I realized that if I'm going to carry a gun on my belt, I can conceal a much bigger and easier-to-shoot gun than an MK9/PM9. The same is true for purse carry.

Don't accept all the liabilities of a pocket gun if you don't need to.

If it wasnt so overpriced, and I didnt have to take out a loan just to get a couple different sized mags, it would have been something to consider.

I have one of these you can try if you like. I have the 6, 7, and 8 round mags for it, too.

(Actually it's my girlfriend's, but I'm sure she will be ok with me letting you try it.)

The Norinco Type 213 is single stack 9MM with a saftey (9 MM version of the Tokarev). Wouldn't be my choice, but there aren't a ton of pistols that fit your criteria.

Chris

g26p9sizes.jpg

A great comparison I just found.

http://www.a-human-right.com/p9vsg26.html

Back
Top Bottom