• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W Offering Rebates

If that includes the PC Shield-+ I might be in. I’ve had bad luck with the platform not fitting my hand right. But I’ll give it another whirl perhaps. Gotta go to Armour Sports next week to drop off some guns anyhow.

Boo... I should have waited to buy a Shield Plus.
1646422735993.jpg

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZChzd4u99Vw

Last edited:
S&W latest rebate:

SMITH & WESSON EZ HOLIDAY REBATE
Offer valid between November 1 - December 31, 2022
Offer limited to one rebate per each NEW eligible Smith & Wesson® M&P® SHIELD EZ® pistol purchased between November 1, 2022 and December 31, 2022, as follows: $50.00 USD prepaid card for each eligible NEW Smith & Wesson M&P Shield EZ pistol.

S&W latest rebate:

Pass.

Rebates... never a good sign for company sales. :(
Ehh... this is probably a weird time for gun makers

Generally recession and bullshit like we've seen is good for sales but... since there have been record sales every month for like 18 months i bet they won't do well

I'm looking forward to the discounts for sure around xmas

Also has some tax advantages I think depending on the circumstances of the rebate for the manufacturer. They make a sale while recording a loss on their taxes or something like that to avoid a hit for holding inventory. /not a tax expert

It says a lot about a company who can't even get people to buy their products.

When was the last time Glock had rebates?

Glocks have such a widespread use that the company will never need to offer rebates and probably moves so many pistols that it eats up so much market share S&W has to offer rebates to stay competative.

I personally don't know if anyone in my circle of Discord Frens even owns a S&W semi auto, the brand just doesn't do it for Millennials or Gen Z.

It says a lot about a company who can't even get people to buy their products.

When was the last time Glock had rebates?
Isn't Glock the company that practically gives away its pistols to police departments willing to switch brands? 🤔

They may not do civilian rebates or discounts, but they sure as heck do it for the cops. [thumbsup]

Before the WuFlu, rebates were a pretty regular occurrence. They also did regular "stocking dealer" programs where we got deals when we bought packages of guns or multiple of the same model. Think buy 6 get one free type deals. Those all went away for the last 2+ years. They are all making a come back which indicates manufacturing capacity is exceeding demand again which is more the normal state of affairs for the big manufacturers.

I personally don't know if anyone in my circle of Discord Frens even owns a S&W semi auto, the brand just doesn't do it for Millennials or Gen Z.
Oh, lots of people own S&W plastic semi-autos, especially outside of MA where Maura rules and hideous triggers don't apply.

In fact, I think of certain S&W plastics as the beginner's favorites... although competition with cutthroat pricing is unquestionably taking a toll.

Before the WuFlu, rebates were a pretty regular occurrence. They also did regular "stocking dealer" programs where we got deals when we bought packages of guns or multiple of the same model. Think buy 6 get one free type deals. Those all went away for the last 2+ years. They are all making a come back which indicates manufacturing capacity is exceeding demand again which is more the normal state of affairs for the big manufacturers.
I just remember the last couple times S&W ran plastic pistol rebates... and what happened to the company profit picture? It went right into the trash can. :(

Good for buyers and dealers maybe... not so good for the company's bottom line. 👎

Looks like S&W is offering this round of rebates to clear the inventory shelves for the new Equalizer 9mm...

I hate how companies do rebates on gift cards. It would be easier to just have a sale price knock the price down and also pay less tax at time of sale. If they insist on mailing something, how about a check rather than a plastic card? Check made of paper that can be deposited or cashed rather than a card that doesn't work everywhere or need to use 2 different payment types checking out at a store.

Glocks have such a widespread use that the company will never need to offer rebates and probably moves so many pistols that it eats up so much market share S&W has to offer rebates to stay competative.

They do. It's called "Blue Label" and so many people qualify. Part of the reason I always drank their KoolAide. Not to mention the least expensive mags of all of the major brands, along with availability of accessories everywhere.

Oh, lots of people own S&W plastic semi-autos, especially outside of MA where Maura rules and hideous triggers don't apply.

In fact, I think of certain S&W plastics as the beginner's favorites... although competition with cutthroat pricing is unquestionably taking a toll.
SW s*cks everywhere the same. Let's not use MA as the excuse.

Do you think they keep a separate box of shittier springs just for MA guns?

(Wouldn't be surprised if they did that).

I just remember the last couple times S&W ran plastic pistol rebates... and what happened to the company profit picture? It went right into the trash can. :(
It seems to me that it wasn't all that long ago that they were selling Sheilds for like $199 with the rebate.
That was cheap enough that I almost considered buying one. I remember thinking that maybe I would buy one to give as a gift to a youngster starting the voyage into firearms owner. Then I realized how cruel that would be.

Back
Top Bottom