• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W mp 15-22 question

I agree. I like the short mags much better, even though I modified the long ones to have follower buttons too. Kind of silly having the long ones with only 10 rounds anyway.
I don’t own a 15/22 but I came across a YouTube video some time ago detailing how to restore them to free state capacity, only to be used in free states. Apparently there’s a tiny metal pin that blocks the follower, and if you rest a flathead screwdriver against it, and give it a few wraps with a hammer....it’ll fall out leaving free staters with a free state magazine.

I don’t own a 15/22 but I came across a YouTube video some time ago detailing how to restore them to free state capacity, only to be used in free states. Apparently there’s a tiny metal pin that blocks the follower, and if you rest a flathead screwdriver against it, and give it a few wraps with a hammer....it’ll fall out leaving free staters with a free state magazine.

Considering here they come with the short 10 rounders, that's not going to really do it. That is basically how you unpin the stock, though. Yank the roll pin out.

RTFM amiright?

There's a manual? [shocked]

Back
Top Bottom