• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W mp 15-22 question

Well first what I would of suggested is gun shops in Massachusetts band together when they got that letter and continue to sell those rifles that where completely legal. "Sorry AG but that's not how things work. There's a process and you didn't go through it so this 'letter' means nothing!" The AG seemed to skipped some steps breaking the law HERSELF. But no. Gun shops bent over and spread them nice and wide. The gun shops that have gone against the grain have got in trouble for it, of course because they're the odd ball and easy target.
You're definitely not the first person who posted this. Maybe they would have banded together if you let them know you were willing to help compensate all of them for possible prison time and loss of livelihood.

You're definitely not the first person who posted this. Maybe they would have banded together if you let them know you were willing to help compensate all of them for possible prison time and loss of livelihood.

Yep

The shop that got in trouble for selling Glocks, that are on the "list" mind you...what was is that made them do that? Where was there fear for their livelihood or prison time? They where doing right by us and they got in trouble because there where the ONLY shop doing it. Now if every gun shop sells Glocks, then what?

The speed limit is 65 or so on the high way but everyone does 80 in the fast lane right in front of cops, no problem right? Now if everyone went 65 like they were told to the guy going 80 is getting pulled over...

That's an absurd comparison, because the speeding ticket is a civil infraction unless you fvck up by the numbers. And it's laughable that you suggest flouting the magazine laws when you don't even own a post ban one.....

I have post ban magazines for rilfles and pistols, but they live out of Healy's jurisdiction in a freer state.

The shop that got in trouble for selling Glocks, that are on the "list" mind you...what was is that made them do that? Where was there fear for their livelihood or prison time? They where doing right by us and they got in trouble because there where the ONLY shop doing it. Now if every gun shop sells Glocks, then what?

The speed limit is 65 or so on the high way but everyone does 80 in the fast lane right in front of cops, no problem right? Now if everyone went 65 like they were told to the guy going 80 is getting pulled over...
Could you please explain how these are relevant? I'm assuming you're referrring to the place that was selling Glocks to LEO without a permission slip from their chief. Did you help pay the fine they got slapped with and would you be willing to so for hundreds of others? The speed limit analogy is just strange. It's a slap on the wrist compared to other things and is actually possible to enforce.

......you're joking right?

I wasn't comparing the actual two things as being the same but the ideas being the same...I'm sorry you weren't capable of understanding that.

The idea is totally not the same when you realize the penalty for one is a few bucks out of your paycheck and the other is prison time and losing your livelyhood. And btw........Your speeding comparison is absolute horse shit too........If everyone is doing 80 in the fast lane.......A cop can......And will.......Pull one person over.

U gonna be the guy to open a shop get everyone else owni g shops rallied up.....andput your money where your mouth is? Well?

Oh man if I had the money to do it I would in a heartbeat!

Here again lies the delima with your brazen attitude......If you spent many many years earning the money to open a shop.......put the required risk into it (leases, bank loans, payroll loans)......I bet you wouldn't.

Oh man if I had the money to do it I would in a heartbeat!

That's absolutely true but the likelihood of it? And the consequence would more than likely be much less than it would be if you where the ONLY one speeding.
You are such a troll it's obscene

so anyway...
I like the 15-22 especially at its price point. Its absurd that i can have my 15 round tube fed marlin 60, but only a 10 rd 15-22. I understand the whole detachable mag thing, but still in a .22?. As far as looks, whatever, its a cheap plinking toy not concerned about that. been meaning to shorten the stock and repin, i'll get to it. I really dont mind the 10 rd mag in a .22 overall. It lacks the big bang that say youd get out of 30 rds of 5.56. So i take my time and plink. Does this state make some absurd rules, yup. Someday ill get out of here to a free state, until then i make sure i can keep my firearms.

Doesn't scare me. Likely hood of getting in trouble for a magazine in a rifle that's either being shot at the range or in your safe is slim to none.

A pistol you use as your every day carry in the other hand? I wouldn't risk because if you ever had to use it in defense you're screwed when they take it in and realize it's not a 10 round magazine.

If you use a gun in a SD situation, they almost certainly will confiscate your LTC and all guns in your house as well (required if they suspend/revoke a LTC per MGL), at which point they will find any post-ban large-cap mags anyway.

As Andrew stated, if anything happens, ALL the guns in the house go and when they inventory they will discover and charge the person accordingly.

Technically, High Cancellor Healey, Glorious Commissar of the DPRM, said on her FAQ page that all .22 rimfire rifles are exempt from the AWB. Sooo.... What's a MA compliant M&P22?

The AG BS is just that. MGL hasn't changed and does NOT exempt .22LR rifles, so you can face real charges there.

The AG says that SHE will not charge owners of any .22LR regarding her "pulled it out my ass non-law". Well the AG doesn't charge PEOPLE with crimes (businesses maybe but not individuals) and I'm unaware of any PD going out on that limb jacking people up based on her press conference and stern letter. Basically the PDs don't want to look like a horse's ass in front of a judge charging someone with a "crime" where there is no MGL to back it up and the AG isn't going to assist the local PDs in prosecutions of her BS.

That's absolutely true but the likelihood of it? And the consequence would more than likely be much less than it would be if you where the ONLY one speeding.

The likelihood of it in Mass is lower compared to the likelihood of it in any other state. In Mass everyone drives like an ******* and if you aren't doing 80 in the fast lane you're a traffic hazard. In other states they will pull you over even if everyone else is doing it. If you win the dumbass lottery and you get pulled over, you will get the ticket, and the consequences will be exactly the same as if you were the only one doing it--typically points on your license and a fine depending on how far over the limit you are. In fact, if you have out of state plates they will sometimes **** you even harder since they figure you won't be coming back to try and fight it.

Looks soooo much better with flash hider .

- - - Updated - - -

kind of sucks . I only want a larger mag so at range no need to reload it as often.

They're companies that will thread barrel and pin a brake on for. You just send them the barrel or the complete upper.

The likelihood of it in Mass is lower compared to the likelihood of it in any other state. In Mass everyone drives like an ******* and if you aren't doing 80 in the fast lane you're a traffic hazard. In other states they will pull you over even if everyone else is doing it. If you win the dumbass lottery and you get pulled over, you will get the ticket, and the consequences will be exactly the same as if you were the only one doing it--typically points on your license and a fine depending on how far over the limit you are. In fact, if you have out of state plates they will sometimes **** you even harder since they figure you won't be coming back to try and fight it.

Oh look. Sincere has a partner for his new gun shop. [rofl]

Wow, lots of great advice and sound reasoning in this thread.

73a79edffc4ce0a458993823ccc0ef95_keyboard-commando-keyboard-commando-meme_640-440.jpeg

attachment.php

Attachments

• michael-jackson-popcorn-eating-you-know-why-im-here.jpg
    michael-jackson-popcorn-eating-you-know-why-im-here.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 201
I did end up picking one up. I guess I can deal with 10 round magazines instead after reading all the back and forth . I really want a gen 4 glock 19 as well but don't want to pay $800.

I do have a pretty important question! I've only had my ltc for 2 months now and I've made 3 purchases already all from gunshops and not private sale . I know that you only get 4 transfers per year , does a purchase of a firearm at a shop count as a transfer of ownership? Also what are the options when doing private sale ? For transferring .

I do have a pretty important question! I've only had my ltc for 2 months now and I've made 3 purchases already all from gunshops and not private sale . I know that you only get 4 transfers per year , does a purchase of a firearm at a shop count as a transfer of ownership? Also what are the options when doing private sale ? For transferring .

purchases dont count at all nor do FFL transfers

for selling, transferring, you can use your 4 efa10s or ffl

Last edited:
i think he's talking purchase. no purchases count towards your 4

Just to add to this, and because no one else clearly said it yet, That "4" transfers" only applies to how many face to face/private SALES that an individual can do per calendar year. You can buy or sell as many as you want otherwise, as long as they go through a FFL.

For what its worth, I have no use for Flash Hiders. I'm not in the military. I'd much rather have the muzzle stay planted. So I have brakes on all my guns. Even pre-ban ARs.

With that in mind, it is easy to get one of these:
http://www.kineti-tech.com/m-p-15-22-thread-adapter/

If is perfectly legal since the barrel is not threaded.

If you put a brake on this, you end up with the benefits of a brake and it looks "cool" to those to which it matters.

And before anyone says that you are a wimp if you need a brake on a .22, please realize that recoil, even minimal recoil slows you down when you are trying to do something like clear a plate rack as fast as possible. A brake on a .22 rifle can make a big difference.

For what its worth, I have no use for Flash Hiders. I'm not in the military. I'd much rather have the muzzle stay planted. So I have brakes on all my guns. Even pre-ban ARs.

With that in mind, it is easy to get one of these:
http://www.kineti-tech.com/m-p-15-22-thread-adapter/

If is perfectly legal since the barrel is not threaded.

If you put a brake on this, you end up with the benefits of a brake and it looks "cool" to those to which it matters.

And before anyone says that you are a wimp if you need a brake on a .22, please realize that recoil, even minimal recoil slows you down when you are trying to do something like clear a plate rack as fast as possible. A brake on a .22 rifle can make a big difference.

On a 22.......A bull barrel does this just fine. The weight holds it down.

On a 22.......A bull barrel does this just fine. The weight holds it down.

For clearing steel plate racks as dcmdon mentioned, you don't really want a bull barrel. Slower to transition and just not ideal IMO.

A brake on a M&P 15-22 is like putting a slicks on a Prius.[rolleyes]

Actually, they're useful to let the RO's timer pick up your shots in Steel Challenge. Looks weird, but useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Don, Have you actually used one of those? Looks like a great stop-gap instead of pinning.

TP

Wrong Don, but yes, they are. I have them on both of my 15-22s

Back
Top Bottom