• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

S&W M&P 9 M2.0 FDE in 5 inch

enbloc

Life Member Emeritus
NES Life Member
NES Member
Anyone know if these are in Massachusetts yet?
Thanks,
~Matt

51855.png

i had the 4.5" model and it was a nice gun. nowadays there are so many great striker options and while the M&P ran great I still favor my G17, Steyr M9 and HK VP9. S&W definitely improved the trigger. the slide release system now is overly complex. they also added a few parts to the striker/sear mechanism. i found this added complexity annoying in principle but from functional perspective the gun seems solid. the trigger guard still feels like it goes too low and doesn't allow a solid undercut like other pistols but that might just be my hand.

if you liked the original M&P then you'd like this one. it's pretty much the same pistol with a more aggressive grip.

It's very nice. The longer barrel makes it noticeably nicer to shoot. I sold one to a friend and shot it in IDPA a couple of times. Very well balanced, and you can ride the safety with your thumb for a rest.

I bought the M&P 2.0 9MM with a 4.250" barrel, I put a Performance Center upper on it with a 5" barrel. My gun is all black, not FDE. Great shooter nonetheless...….

It is readily available from distributors so any shop can order. The only SKUs I can see have 17rd mags so the shop would have to replace with 10rd neuter-mags adding to cost. ( or deliver without mags).

I liked everything but the grip texture. Get the Apex flat faced trigger and a three pound spring. I never shot mine that's how much I didn't like the grip texture fwiw

I never shot mine that's how much I didn't like the grip texture fwiw

I have been a Harley-Davidson tech for 30 years and have no oils left in the skin of my hands. Too many chems for too long.
This makes gripping anything too smooth nearly impossible. I like the aggressive stippling on these newer poly-framed pistols.
The M2.0 looks like it has the same texture as the M&P45 which I like very much.
~Matt

I have been a Harley-Davidson tech for 30 years and have no oils left in the skin of my hands. Too many chems for too long.
This makes gripping anything too smooth nearly impossible. I like the aggressive stippling on these newer poly-framed pistols.
The M2.0 looks like it has the same texture as the M&P45 which I like very much.
~Matt

Lol when I was more of a man and running cables and working with my hands more I didn't care about stuff like this. However now I'm an office weeney I will admit my hands aren't very tough.

Now you work with your brain. Nothing wrong with that.
~Matt

Won one at IDpA match this weekend. Pretty sure it’s just the “regular” 2.0, not the 5”

Still good. Congrats! Let us know how you like it after getting to the range.
Thanks,
~Matt

So it turns out I ended up with the exact picture Enbloc posted (first post). Its an FDE M+P 2.0, and its got a 5” barrel, (chamber to muzzle = 5”, slide extends past frame.) The grip texture is excellent, its basically the same as the granular skateboard style tape you would get from talon or whoever.

Darren, did you pick it up at a shop? If so, could you PM me which one so I can see if they can get me one?
I will not mention your prize.
Thanks,
~Matt

Back
Top Bottom