• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

defeating the mag safety on a s&w m&p 9c

greencobra

NES Member
guys, is there a quick home fix to defeat the mag safety on the 9c? maybe the wrong terminology, "magazine safety", but you know, when the gun won't fire with the mag removed. i can't even find the mechanism under close inspection. whadda think, anyone know. it's got to be easy or i'm sunk. i suck with tools...so don't ever ask me to come over and tighten the knobs on your kitchen cabinets.

I have an original M&P9c. currently has 15-round magazines!

the mag safety is actually not a bad deal. If you're ever mugged and the guy is trying to get your gun away from you, hit the mag release and he can't shoot you with your own gun.

What do you mean "I'm sunk" if you can't defeat the mag safety feature? What's your anticipated problem?

guys, is there a quick home fix to defeat the mag safety on the 9c? maybe the wrong terminology, "magazine safety", but you know, when the gun won't fire with the mag removed. i can't even find the mechanism under close inspection. whadda think, anyone know. it's got to be easy or i'm sunk. i suck with tools...so don't ever ask me to come over and tighten the knobs on your kitchen cabinets.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but you need to learn how to use Google, YouTube and Gun Broker.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if it isn't, you can Google it.

First video when I searched your question.

View: https://youtu.be/x6yAlmIAetk?si=4VsA4RL5SXrDifKT

I don't mean this in a bad way, but you need to learn how read through a thread before replying. I posted this ten minutes before you did.

I don't mean this in a bad way, but you need to learn how to use Google, YouTube and Gun Broker.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if it isn't, you can Google it.

First video when I searched your question.

View: https://youtu.be/x6yAlmIAetk?si=4VsA4RL5SXrDifKT

I have an original M&P9c. currently has 15-round magazines!

the mag safety is actually not a bad deal. If you're ever mugged and the guy is trying to get your gun away from you, hit the mag release and he can't shoot you with your own gun.

What do you mean "I'm sunk" if you can't defeat the mag safety feature? What's your anticipated problem?

Mag safeties are undefendable to the point of absurdity. Even 1911 boomers and wheelgun addicts think they're stupid. It was only ever a horrible crutch proffered in some LE and military guns, that unfortunately hasn't been completely snuffed put because insufferable douchebags at Ruger and S&W keep pushing out turds with that "feature" that basically sets people up to fail.

Like somebody could literally say that they like the gay pride flag chamber indicator on a Ruger SR whatever at least it doesn't make things worse magazine safeties always make everything worse.

"Every gun basically works this way except for this handful, which don't" = f***ing bad idea.

View: https://youtu.be/uSudkID3zJM?si=Uj3QVmDS60ezAD8M

Maybe its cheaper to install a magazine safety than it is to engrave "Caution; capable of firing without a magazine" on the slide.
I'm pretty sure both of those options have saved many lives. Or not.

First place I went to when I got my LTC was the infamous Gun Room (I didn’t know better..) in Shrewsbury Ma. Owner handed me an M&P 40 and said it had a mag safety and when he told me what that was I said, why would I want that? He looked at me and said, I’m not sure and put the gun back in the case and handed me another gun…..

First place I went to when I got my LTC was the infamous Gun Room (I didn’t know better..) in Shrewsbury Ma. Owner handed me an M&P 40 and said it had a mag safety and when he told me what that was I said, why would I want that? He looked at me and said, I’m not sure and put the gun back in the case and handed me another gun…..
They probably do appeal to a lot of people for some reason.

People who wanna die when they eff up their reload and can't get off that last round in the chamber. Oopsie daisy!
Oh I'm definitely not defending it. I can't think of a reasonable legitimate justification.

If you can’t find the mag safety disconnect “under close inspection” then you have zero business trying to delete it.
I think there maybe more deleting the mag safety…to break down the pistol, isn’t one of the first steps to push down the mag safety lever To remove the slide?
I’m going from memory here, so if I’m wrong I apologize up front.

I removed mine. I think you just remove the pin, and you can take it out. I think all it does is pushes the trigger bar out of the way.
Hammer and punch needed.

Also, after removal I had tovsend it back to SW for a firing pun issue... they didn't notice/didn't care... no issue raised.

I removed mine. I think you just remove the pin, and you can take it out. I think all it does is pushes the trigger bar out of the way.
Hammer and punch needed.

Also, after removal I had tovsend it back to SW for a firing pun issue... they didn't notice/didn't care... no issue raised.
What spring did you use, the original or something else?

What spring did you use, the original or something else?
Aha... thanks for jogging my memory. I bought an apex kit and got the spring at the same time.
Yes I figured there was something I stuck in there.
I'm not sure about what spring it is. I'm not sure it's origally intended for that purpose.

Aha... thanks for jogging my memory. I bought an apex kit and got the spring at the same time.
Yes I figured there was something I stuck in there.
I'm not sure about what spring it is. I'm not sure it's origally intended for that purpose.
I have the Apex kit, I might just try cutting down a spring from a ballpoint. My M&P9 was my first pistol, it has some sentimental value.

Back
Top Bottom