S&W .500 vs. a Kevlar Vest

I think we should post more of these well thought and well done tests. The more we hide, the more they win...The asshats will thin themselves out anyway. This test and video was top shelf...Looking forward to more.

I'm taking it down. Whether or not it is well thought out, the antis would edit it down and make us look bad. It's the same reason I don't talk to the press. Ever. About anything.

Some idiot might post a worse one, but I'm not going to be that idiot.

I'm taking it down. Whether or not it is well thought out, the antis would edit it down and make us look bad. It's the same reason I don't talk to the press. Ever. About anything.

Some idiot might post a worse one, but I'm not going to be that idiot.

Here I thought you were being sarcastic to the other guy. [hmmm] Clearly my online emoto-foo is weak this morning.

and the NES world is thrown into chaos as they ponder whether to agree w/ EC taking it down or stick to making fun of the person suggesting he take it down! Flippity flopping-- all for EC's love and approval! [smile] [wink]

and the NES world is thrown into chaos as they ponder whether to agree w/ EC taking it down or stick to making fun of the person suggesting he take it down! Flippity flopping-- all for EC's love and approval! [smile] [wink]

Yeah, because I can't imagine people here having thoughts of their own. We're all just lemmings running for the cliff... [rolleyes]

Yeah, because I can't imagine people here having thoughts of their own. We're all just lemmings running for the cliff... [rolleyes]

sorry, wasn't directed at you. It came out not as funny as I meant it. It's just a little funny because Jose said the same thing about the video days ago on another thread, and I was shocked that I agreed with him about how it could be misinterpreted by antis, and then everyone ignored the same message here until EC agreed with it, and then I imagined everyone jumping ship and now agreeing with EC since he is the Godfather and all. [wink]

sorry, wasn't directed at you. It came out not as funny as I meant it. It's just a little funny because Jose said the same thing about the video days ago on another thread, and I was shocked that I agreed with him about how it could be misinterpreted by antis, and then everyone ignored the same message here until EC agreed with it, and then I imagined everyone jumping ship and now agreeing with EC since he is the Godfather and all. [wink]

You saw the video, right? EC packs a hand cannon that shoots through schools. That's mighty persuasive.

I kind of find a little humor in this as well...[thinking]

Not everyone agreed that this video should be out there, only that the people talking took that stance. Unfortunately it is difficult to share stuff amongst ourselves and not be public about it. As a result, I agree with both IronIrish and Gerry, et al; We shouldn't have to censor ourselves on something that is very innocent but the reality is that this is arming our foes. I suspect most of the people agree with both sides. Only a few felt passionately about one or the other to weigh in.

ETA: I realize that agreeing with both sides is flip-flopping in the eyes of some here. But the reality is there is no clear winner here. Information wants to be free. But knowledge is power that can be abused when selectively disseminated.

Last edited:
To Eddie and all the great people on this site

I feel I should address this a little. I don't post often on the site use as more as a tool and to make sure I am top of everything happening in MA. I watched the video and loved it but at the same time right at the beginning I said to myself this could be a negative.

Heck I work on these issues day in and day out. I hate the fact that we have to censor ourselves and you will not find someone as outspoken and supportive of our rights then me. Even at work I am sometimes too far out in my views.

I want to make sure that something like that does not come back to hurt a good guy like Eddie or in fact NES.

I know we always have to fight the good fight and the last thing I want you guys to think is that I am advocating being silent. All I know is that the antis would pick up on the video and say "well the only people that wear vest are law enforcement so is this video showing people the power of a certain gun to use against cops."

There will always being some other person most likely not advocating proper safety posting videos which is never helpful. That was not the case with Eddie we all know him and know he is a great person. Unfortunately on YouTube he will be construed as some anti-government crazy gun nut that wants to test out his gun on bullet proof vests. You could not believe my reaction when I saw the video of the photographer down line at the training school. I even watched the owners response video not very convincing for me. Sometimes we are own worst enemies.

Thanks for listening

Really cool video! I heard that a .22lr will penetrate a vest but I didn't really believe it before. Neat stuff!

I saw some dumb ass in a video let his friend shoot him with a 22 while wearing a vest. Darwin awards in the making.

Yeah, a lot of .22LR rounds will penetrate standard kevlar vests, the weaves really weren't meant to stop such small projectiles.

Awesome firepower there. The 22LR was fired from a machine gun, correct? I'm wondering if the 22 got through because of multipile hits in the same spot on the vest.

Nope. The .22s are just small enough to squeak through if they hit the fabric just right. The benefit of the MG is that you get lots of hits.

Didn't think of it before, but I wonder how .17 HMR would perform?

My YouTube video was just a couple of knuckleheads at the range, a.k.a. the 'militia training compound' if the antis get a hold of it.

"Knuckleheads"?...

This will certainly help our image...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-mrBhVKhKo&feature=related

[rolleyes]

(NSFW... language).

Back
Top Bottom