RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

UPDATE

The final equipment list will be up later tonight along with the route "cheat sheet". I'll post a generic one, but I suggest you make your own and make it so you can take notes if you are so inclined to do so.

Joe and I are meeting at the club in a couple hours to make certain of the final plans.

[laugh2] and plenty of it. Our Lady-O-the-Grill wouldn't be caught dead without bacon [smile]

worldwide-bacon-shortage.jpg

ALL YOUR BACON BELONGS TO US

This is, I hope, your final update!

We will be running rain or shine! All firearms and the firing lines are covered, so fear not.

Equipment list:

(2) Rifles using a center fire caliber of some sort. 9mm, 45, .223, .308, whatever. No rimfire. The goal is to have a largish caliber/rifle to make this harder and to make the ammo/mags have some heft.

(4) or more magazines for the rifle. Magazines can have NOT MORE than (10) rounds in them. If you don't have 4 magazines, carry the ammo somehow and reload on the line. You can use more or less than 4 magazines, but they cannot contain more than 10 rounds each.

(2) Pistols using the same general rules as above. 9mm, .40, .45 etc. You'll be using the pistols on bowling pins, so smaller than a 9mm is a questionable decision. If you have less than 4 mags for your gun, carry the ammo loose and reload.

(4) or more pistol magazines. Preferably for the gun you are shooting. Same rules as above except only (6) rounds per magazine.

Some way to carry your gear. You must carry all ammo and (1) 3' section of rope.

(1) 3' section of rope. Bring your own, or use the one we will provide.

A pair of glasses. You are required to wear glasses to shoot however, ears are up to you.

(40) Forty rounds of rifle ammo, per person.

(24) Twenty four rounds of pistol ammo, per person.

Costumes are encouraged.

If your team is sharing a pistol or a rifle, than so be it. Your team is still required to carry the correct amount of ammo per person. If you are sharing magazines, then so be it, you still must carry the rounds. One person can carry all the ammo/mags. Your call.

Guns will be stationed at their respective range. No need for holsters/straps/whatever to carry the guns.

ORDER OF EVENTS
Show up at or before 9 am. The kitchen will be open for breakfast.
Safety brief and order "how to run the course" will occur at 9:30.
Questions will be answered
Bring guns to the range and mount them in the racks. We'll show the entrance and exit to each range. There is a specific entrance and exit.
Team #1 departs at 10:00 am. Each team leaves 7 minutes thereafter. If you are late for your departure time, too bad. The clock is running.

The actual run
This is the order for the run.

1) Trail run following the red stakes to Rifles #1.
Rifles #1 is rifles at 50 yards, standing. Both teammates shoot. Each have your own targets. 10 rounds high target. 10 rounds low target.
2) From rifles #1 do the pond run.
Pond run is - from rifles return to the start table and take a right toward the pond. As you reach the pond there is a water challenge. You MUST perform the water challenge. Failure to do the water challenge will result in a heavy penalty. If for some reason you cannot do the water challenge, we'll figure out what to do for you. There is a "hero" section and a "pussy path". No offense ladies. From the pond head to the pistol range. The pond run is pretty obvious, but is highlighted with blue stakes when you need to do something.
3) Pistols #1.
Use as many or as few rounds as you need to shoot 4 pins.
4) From pistols you begin the tire challenge.
Carry 3 total tires (1.5 per team member) to the black powder range.
5) Once at the black powder range shoot the BP guns.
They are provided, and 90% prepped for you. Choose your target. 1 shot.
6) Bring the tires back to the pistol range.
7) Once you have returned the tires go to the rifle range and shoot Rifles #2.
8) Rifles #2 is rifles at 100 yards, your position is 'not prone'.
Each teammate - 10 rounds top target, 10 rounds bottom target.
9) From rifles #2 run the "inner/sand" run.
Outlined with green stakes. There is a "hero" section in the sand. It is optional. There will be a table provided if you choose to remove your gear. There is no penalty to skip this section, but there is a significant time bonus if you complete it. IF you complete the sand challenge, hand your "card" to the charming woman at the challenge. We will give you a card when you get your arm band. From the sand run go to the pistol range for Pistols #2.
10) Pistols #2 is a second round of pins.
Use your remaining ammo, as you so see fit.
11) From Pistols #2 return to the start line which has now become the finish line for you.
12) Head to the clubhouse and eat while you brag about what a badass you are to the State Line guys who have set up a table full of cool shit and are genuinely awesome guys and are supporting the event.

Misc information:

1) The run sections are not taped off, only the entrance to the runs. We are trusting you to not cheat. There are no "tricks" on the runs and if you can touch the stakes as you run by you're not cheating. Please don't cheat.
2) The Hero sections are optional. The water/tire challenges are not.
3) When you approach a range, wait for permission to load/enter the range. There MAY be overlap at the pistol range, if/when this happens the RO has a timer and you'll be credited any time you get screwed out of.
4) RO's are the final say on safety violations. Period.
5) You must start and stop each section with your partner. I.e. you can separate during the runs, but once a run is completed you cannot shoot until your partner is present. Same with shooting, one can shoot and the other can take a nap, but you cannot start the next run until you wake up your partner.
6) Rifle scoring is fairly obvious, the better the hit the better the score (negative time). 10 rounds per target. The best 10 hits will be scored. So if you get a bullseye on someone elses target, they should thank you and you should speak ill of your teammate for screwing up that shot. All targets will be marked with you teams arm bands.
7) When you are done shooting, show the RO that you are clear and return the rifle to the rack. For pistols show clear, open the slide and return it to the board with the slide open.

Scoring

All scoring is time based. It will be your gross run time minus all your bonuses.

Rifles are the best 10 hits per target. So if someone else hits your target hope they are a better shot than you.
Pins are - knock off the table is better than a pin left on the table. A pin on the table still standing means you need better aim.
The sand hero section carries a significant time bonus.
There are no time penalties unless you skip the water challenge. That penalty will be GINORMOUS.

I am not keeping secret values for scoring, but they are mostly irrelevant and I don't have it in front of me. the hero sections save or earn you time and the better you shoot the better off you are.

At the end of the run you may have several items to turn in or show. They will count toward your score so don't forget them. They will be announced in the safety brief.

Questions?

For those of us in free states, not subjected to the sh1tty MA laws, what do I need to do to carry my high capacity assault weapons across the border and not end up in jail? I heard I have to use locks and stuff?

whats the penalty for not clearing a pin with pistol? how much times is deducted for hero sections? also whats the pussy path?

Read below.

I am not keeping secret values for scoring, but they are mostly irrelevant and I don't have it in front of me. the hero sections save or earn you time and the better you shoot the better off you are.

At the end of the run you may have several items to turn in or show. They will count toward your score so don't forget them. They will be announced in the safety brief.

Questions?

I'm recalling the old Russian Olympic biathlete who always rested at least 60 seconds before firing his rifle after completing each cross-country skiing leg. The younger athletes would ski fast and beat him skiing. He won the gold medal that year because he was tops on accuracy and OK on skiing.

Just throwing that out there. [wink]

I'd love to do this next time if I'm available.

Last edited:
my lady would like to offer her assistance if there's anything she could do. she said she doesn't want to stand around and do nothing so i told her to join team bananas in pajamas but she declined; so if there's anything preferably out of the cold/not so much in the cold/at least out of the rain that she can help with she's all for it. keep in mind we've both been sick all week so we're both not %100.

i'll be slowing down for this event i think and may make use of pussy paths because i feel like a pussy right now. i cannot die and let alex down and i also cannot die because i promised sarah we'd go to a show at night in boston. disappointment is not an option.

i will be using the maadi (because i HAVE to use an AK!) since it's the most accurate (hyper oxymoron, right?) AK i own, and the 1911 because i can shoot it and i only have one mag pouch so four 1911 mags have been stuffed in them for weeks... aaaaaanyway. a question i meant to ask about mags: can we drop them and have them recovered by the RSOs when we are finished shooting or do they have to go back in your gear when empty? going to have a sensitive items check at the end of the shoot? it's a PITA to re-pack the f-ing rig so if i can just throw shit on the ground like a caveman i don't give a shit about my gear.

finally kaisha, if ed (that bastard!) won't be around for the next event you can count me in. are either of you going to be coming sunday?

Beastly: Are you clear? If you leave a pin standing your penalty is that you spent time and ammo trying to get a bonus and you failed.

Atilla: Does your charming lady friend have a camera? If so, and she can operate it, we can absolutely use more cameras. I suspect that we could use a little more help at the pistol/pin shoot. She will be under cover here. Not mustachio and glasses under cover.. out of the rain under cover. Though it's looking (as of 10 am Friday) that we stand a better than 70/30 chance of bring dry on Sunday.

As to your gear question - No, like the first run, you have to carry all your shit in and out. If you leave gear at the pistol range I am going to allow Aaron to keep it (not your pistol). So if you don't mind being out the $8 for your 1911 magazines... we will officially have 1 volunteer who isn't working completely for free.

There is a sensitive items check of sorts. I'm not going to count your mags, if you lose them, sucks to be you. But certain things may be worth time.

I'm recalling the old Russian Olympic biathlete who always rested at least 60 seconds before firing his rifle after completing each cross-country skiing leg. The younger athletes would ski fast and beat him skiing. He won the gold medal that year because he was tops on accuracy and OK on skiing.

Russian olympians also used Mosin Nagant until 50s or 60s and actually won medals with it. Then everyone went homo with tiny calibers and plastic shit.

the main Olympic principle "participation is more important than winning" - that's actually not about libtard idea of "everyone is a winner". It's about winning without sacrificing principles of sportsmanship/cheating (or going homo) and having a ****ing good time, while you are at it.

Joe/Jeep - thank you for organizing this S&M event. It will abso****inglutely rock!

I'm really disappointed about total luck of friendly trash talking. I'm going with an AK and 1911 (to balance commie-ness) Atilla, eat some ****ing raw garlic and/or have shitload of sex.

Atilla: Does your charming lady friend have a camera? If so, and she can operate it, we can absolutely use more cameras. I suspect that we could use a little more help at the pistol/pin shoot. She will be under cover here. Not mustachio and glasses under cover.. out of the rain under cover. Though it's looking (as of 10 am Friday) that we stand a better than 70/30 chance of bring dry on Sunday.

As to your gear question - No, like the first run, you have to carry all your shit in and out. If you leave gear at the pistol range I am going to allow Aaron to keep it (not your pistol). So if you don't mind being out the $8 for your 1911 magazines... we will officially have 1 volunteer who isn't working completely for free.

There is a sensitive items check of sorts. I'm not going to count your mags, if you lose them, sucks to be you. But certain things may be worth time.

damn. i'll re-pack my shit then. raging a**h*** butt-fury would be unleashed if anyone snached up my wilson mags. we could get my mother's camera which is awesome and doesn't mess around if she wants to do that. i'll ask.

I'm really disappointed about total luck of friendly trash talking. I'm going with an AK and 1911 (to balance commie-ness) Atilla, eat some ****ing raw garlic and/or have shitload of sex.

nice, same loadout! booyeah. i'm going to have to bite into raw garlic soaked in vodka with an AK slung across my back during intercourse. **** yeah.

edit: ladyfriend will be down for camera duty if it's not raining, otherwise she's in for helping with the pin/BP sections.

Last edited:
To Knoxy and others bringing in stuff from out of state:

As I understand the rules - Put your guns in a container and lock the container (or gun) and put it in your trunk.

I believe your ammo is supposed to be in a separate locked container. A a minimum, not loaded in the gun and I believe not in the same container as the gun.

The short answer is use your common sense. I know in all the other free states, like NH, you can drive around waving your AK out the window popping off rounds like it was your horn. But you are coming to the land of the Liberal and you are not allowed to pretend that the constitution has any meaning for a couple hours.

yeah, just stuff the shit in a locked case and you'll be OK. make sure anything you bring is *snicker* in compliance with the MA AWB as well. *snicker*

i doubt we'll get checked out by the cops, but who knows... we had them roll through our pin shoot (and i got him to come shoot with us, too!) once.

Boris: I dunno. I'll save my trash talk to being in person. When I unleash my fury you'll be extra hurt by it. You'll understand when we meet. ;) Plus the only other guy on this list I "know" is Atilla. And I kind of feel like if I was mean to him he'd cry. He seems super sensitive. I mean, shit, he carries a glock and teared up when someone made fun of his 1911 when it couldn't use a normal $8 magazine!

Oh.. plus it's hard to talk shit when I am seriously concerned about having a heart attack 300' into the first run.

no im more confused now. so the pins are bonus?

No.

OK.. I'll spell it out. :)

You run up to Pistols #1. Aaron the RO grants you permission to come on to the range. You do so.

You now have a choice:

a) Fire your gun and knock all 4 pins off the table. For doing so, you will earn something like 2-4 minutes off your total time. (I forget exactly).

or

b) What if you DON'T want to fire your gun? Or it breaks? Or you are Atilla and realize that you can't hit shit anyway so why waste the ammo. That's fine, you may be a pussy but you will then unload your gun, show clear, return it to the rack and continue on with the tire transport.

If you do situation 'a' you can earn up to ~4 minutes off your gross time. If you do situation 'b' you earn ZERO off your gross time.

If you choose not to shoot (why would you do that?) or your gun fails and you can't secure a loaner. When you come to the pistols - go in, tell Aaron your team and he will record you as a 'zero' and you will gain nothing and you will not be penalized.

Better?

For that matter, it's the same with rifles. You can choose to not shoot or if your gun fails and you cannot get a loaner you will not be penalized. But you still have to walk in to the range and then exit. Any scoring on the rifles is a bonus, there are no penalties.

Last edited:
is this aaron aaron as in weedwhacker? or do i not know them?

also that mag was a POS, i love my 26, and i (sometimes) can actually shoot my 1911.

p.s. you got hit in the balls with a ricochet.

I have no idea who Aaron as in weedwhacker is..

Yeah, I got hit in the balls WITH A BULLET THAT WAS SHOT FROM A GUN AND WALKED AWAY!
You need to learn how to trash talk son! ;) Technically though, it was just one nut.

is this aaron aaron as in weedwhacker? or do i not know them?

also that mag was a POS, i love my 26, and i (sometimes) can actually shoot my 1911.

p.s. you got hit in the balls with a ricochet.

For that matter, it's the same with rifles. You can choose to not shoot or if your gun fails and you cannot get a loaner you will not be penalized. But you still have to walk in to the range and then exit. Any scoring on the rifles is a bonus, there are no penalties.
Ohhh ... I got a good question ... so technically If I was shooting ARs, I should like bring 10 of them and just carry same mags, so when first 9 of them fail, I can still try to use one more. [rofl]

I got to say, water obstacle ... then sand pit ... that's ****ing genius!!! I am so looking forward to this!

double post for boris--we just picked up a package you sent me that the united fascist postal fascist service of facists said we owed a dollar fiddy on. i am full of excitement for when i can tear it open when i get home after work to find whatever it was that was sent to me.

No.

OK.. I'll spell it out. :)

You run up to Pistols #1. Aaron the RO grants you permission to come on to the range. You do so.

You now have a choice:

a) Fire your gun and knock all 4 pins off the table. For doing so, you will earn something like 2-4 minutes off your total time. (I forget exactly).

or

b) What if you DON'T want to fire your gun? Or it breaks? Or you are Atilla and realize that you can't hit shit anyway so why waste the ammo. That's fine, you may be a pussy but you will then unload your gun, show clear, return it to the rack and continue on with the tire transport.

If you do situation 'a' you can earn up to ~4 minutes off your gross time. If you do situation 'b' you earn ZERO off your gross time.

If you choose not to shoot (why would you do that?) or your gun fails and you can't secure a loaner. When you come to the pistols - go in, tell Aaron your team and he will record you as a 'zero' and you will gain nothing and you will not be penalized.

Better?

crystal clear...thanks

BTW to the powers that be-- I have a nice HD camcorder that I'm willing to borrow to the event if its promised that it will won't be used as a target prop or the like..it films on MiniDV tapes but it records in BluRay quality (25 MBPS). If its dry I can bring it if someone wants to film. Its actually better then the HD camera i used to film the below video (its a Sony FX1000)

little motivation---

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom