RUN-N-GUN Event! The "Hora Dolor". Townsend Fish and Gun club. Sept 30th.

One thing I thought of..

I don't know how a normal "competition" works. But make sure your rifles are sighted in BEFORE Sunday. Or you can wing it of course (like me!). But we will not be able to use the range to sight in. It will be all clogged up with targets and such.

They will be open after the run is over.

IT'S OFFICIAL, I"M FRIGGIN IN!!!!!!!!!!

The gods of hurt will be angry this weekend. AK and its furniture are already in the litter box being seasoned by cat shit, as we speak. I doubled her Tuna and Milk diet, so she is working overtime. By this weekend, it will smell and look like it just rolled out from Sofia Mechanical works.

Weather forecast for Fri-Sun looks great: low 60s and 50% chance of rain. I guess we may not need mud bath for AK cleaning station, afterall. I just need to meet with my attorney this week to finish my will.

I'm friggin excited. Spectators should get good hearing protection from all the cursing and songs about Motherland.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Boris again.

I really wish I could be there for this. [laugh]

Bolt actions bolts will be thrown at participants by spectators if they feel the participants are running too slow, and extras at Mark, one for him and one for his banana. Soaked in bacon fat to encourage Dad to help Mark move faster....THAT's encouragement [smile]

score * bullet weight

I was at the range this evening thinking "Sheeit, that Run'n'Gun thing is this weekend. Maybe I should pretend to prepare or something."

So I set a target at 50yards, load 10 rounds in the vz58, shoot in the general direction of the target. run down range, check how bad I suck and run back. repeat 10 times.

Realizing that my behavior might alarm some, I made sure that there was no one else at the range while I was acting crazy.

I'll be suffering on team Thunderballs. Rocking the milsurp gear and Czech weaponry.

I was at the range this evening thinking "Sheeit, that Run'n'Gun thing is this weekend. Maybe I should pretend to prepare or something."

So I set a target at 50yards, load 10 rounds in the vz58, shoot in the general direction of the target. run down range, check how bad I suck and run back. repeat 10 times.

Realizing that my behavior might alarm some, I made sure that there was no one else at the range while I was acting crazy.

I'll be suffering on team Thunderballs. Rocking the milsurp gear and Czech weaponry.

[laugh2] we'll check you against the banana?

start time is now at 10am for us out of staters correct?

Start time is 10am for everybody. We've some folks coming from some healthy distances, so the thought was to give them some time to get the the club.

workers/volunteers will get there around 8:00 - 8:30 for final prep, open gate at 9:00am, safety brief at 9:30, and final staging at START/FINISH for you [STRIKE=undefined]suckers [/STRIKE] participants at 10:00am [wink]

I'll post a "reference card" for everyone tonight. An order of events of the race itself.

I would still strongly suggest that everyone bring a piece or bark and a sharp rock in case you need any further notes. It's not that complicated, but the course doubles back on itself repeatedly.

looking forward to it. trying to fight off this cold, i'm pretty useless right now even after 10 hours of sleep yesterday and a nap in my car today. FML.

looking forward to it. trying to fight off this cold, i'm pretty useless right now even after 10 hours of sleep yesterday and a nap in my car today. FML.

Sounds like a VD ... dude, you need to get that looked at by a doctor, not a fortune teller.

I think that Atilla is trying to weasel out of the upcoming PAIN. Don't worry comrade, look outside, you see that gray sedan? Yep, it's our people trailing you, they will make sure that you are there on Sunday and will face the painful ordeal.

An equipment list would be good also.

From memory:

Two rifles - four mags with 10 rounds each (for us bolt guys, x strippers with total of 40 rounds, right?) + 5 rounds for the bonus

Two pistols - four mags with 6 rounds each (revolver guys...can do the math)

One 3' piece of rope

Eye and ear protection, I assume - do we have to carry these or can they stay with the guns?

Anything else?

Last edited:

Hot Toddy + hot tub/really hot bath. Works like a charm. I know it shouldn't work, but it does. I do not question it at this point.

From memory:

Two rifles - four mags with 10 rounds each (for us bolt guys, x strippers with total of 40 rounds, right?)

One 3' piece of rope

Eye and ear protection, I assume - do we have to carry these or can they stay with the guns?

Anything else?

I heard that marathon runners shave their ... things and lube them with vaseline. I'm not sure why, but should we like pitch in for one large tub of vaseline or is it too homo?

I heard that marathon runners shave their ... things and lube them with vaseline. I'm not sure why, but should we like pitch in for one large tub of vaseline or is it too homo?

I see a guy with a shaved...thing and a tub of vaseline running towards me and I'm diving for that gunrack....

i'm in on the vaseline for five bucks. can't cost that much for slippery dead dinosaurs, right?

i'm feeling a little bit better, but not quite %100 combat effective. definitely gonna be out there though. sounds like the weather will be good for wearing the underarmour with my run and gun shirt. i have a nasty bruise from the maadi on my collarbone. i should have adjusted how i was shooting but i was too excited to be destroying a pumpkin so i let it bruise the shit outta me. it's quite comical, this big yellow spot almost the size of a baseball, wtf? i think the maadi will be the rifle i'm using sunday... maadi or purple polish people punisher. not sure.

brian, yeah i do believe you're going to be required to carry your ears, we did back in march.

also this for team spirit:

[video=youtube_share;K8VQfwgMwIE]http://youtu.be/K8VQfwgMwIE[/video]

So do we need to carry loose rifle ammo?

• A rifle (non black powder).
45 (forty five) rounds of whatever it shoots, centerfire only.
4 (four) magazines, 10rnds per mag.

I'm no Einstein, but 4*10 = 40 and 40 < 45, so 5 rounds have to go somewhere besides the mag???

also i have obtained rare unseen footage of the event from march:

[video=youtube_share;M4SmZkmLRjQ]http://youtu.be/M4SmZkmLRjQ[/video]

That is most awesome comrade, that gives me an idea for Mosin olympic games:

Javelin through : through your mosin with a bayonet into a squishy target
Discus/hammer: toss that crate of ammo

So do we need to carry loose rifle ammo?

I'm no Einstein, but 4*10 = 40 and 40 < 45, so 5 rounds have to go somewhere besides the mag???

If you want to go for the bonus at the rifle station. Carry 5 loose rifle rounds and there is a part when you load the loose into a mag and I presume shoot after loading the mag into said rifle.

From memory:

Two rifles - four mags with 10 rounds each (for us bolt guys, x strippers with total of 40 rounds, right?) + 5 rounds for the bonus

One 3' piece of rope

Anything else?

Eyes are required, ears are optional. I'd suggest carrying both with you, as you'll be passing close by ranges at different points.

Due to some early openings, we will open the kitchen first thing in the morning. So not only will Atilla be able to finalize his training, but the spectators can also get a bite to eat before hand.

Back
Top Bottom