Ruger SR22 break in? Lots of early FTF.

The only issues I have had have been when firing bulk Federal ammo. The gun will sometimes fail to pick up a round and I did have one time where it failed to extract the round. So naturally, I pulled the double action trigger several more times thinking a primer issue, which mashed the case in the chamber. I had to field strip to get enough leverage to get the casing out. I haven't cleans it much and it is filthy. A quick spray of CLP and it going on working fine.

Personally I don't have an issue with it occasionally failing to pickup a round. Its good practice.

I got my SR22 back from it's second trip to Ruger. First time was failure to extract often and was fixed by replacing the slide. Then it didn't shoot straight without manipulating both sights to the extremes (front all the way left and rear all the way right). They replaced the slide again and now it extracts and shoots straight so hopefully I can keep shooting and stop shipping.

I had a lot of problems with the Federal match ammo in the white (325) count box. I looked in the manual and it says to not use match ammo.

Unfortunately I think you got a lemon. Mine eats anything. A couple FTF but it was def the ammo. You may get a bad batch or run in a bulk pack but pretty much the SR22 is a lead eating machine. Send it back. Ruger has a good CS reputation. Just dont do anything stupid like that guy on Youtube who started getting mad at his and smacking it around. Turns out he was using that Remington stuff that is coated and it was all over his barrel. Classic video. Watch it ha.

Bought a box of winchester 333 the other day, went to the range today and they were useless, I could only fire one round and the case would get stuck in the chamber, some of the rounds bent while being fed in the barrel, I let my son try them in his 10/22 and they did the same thing, luckily he has a SP101 22LR Revolver so they can get used, some real crap I'll say, this is the second batch of winchester 22 I have had problems with.

Tim [sad2]

The only issues I have had have been when firing bulk Federal ammo. The gun will sometimes fail to pick up a round and I did have one time where it failed to extract the round. So naturally, I pulled the double action trigger several more times thinking a primer issue, which mashed the case in the chamber. I had to field strip to get enough leverage to get the casing out. I haven't cleans it much and it is filthy. A quick spray of CLP and it going on working fine.

Personally I don't have an issue with it occasionally failing to pickup a round. Its good practice.

So far mine does not like the Federal bulk either. Winchester X, CCI regular and mini-mag, Blazer and Remington Golden bulk are all fine.

while i have not fired mine much it has not had one issue with the 50-100 rounds down the tube so far.

I have 1 aswell no issues at all the 1 thing I did do was order and its been in after 50 rounds was a stainless steel guide rod cheap easy to put in and I think it helped it out a lot

Got hold of some golden bullet and fired off over 150 rounds Sunday with out any issues, I am convinced it is the ammo lately and not the pistol.

Tim [mg]

Another good day at the range with my SR22, not a problem to be had, I am convinced it is mostly an ammo issue at this point.

Tim [thumbsup]

Im with ya,I got one aswell great little fun peice to shoot, little advice if you like it now id suggest looking into gettin a stainless steel guide rod for it, made mine even more smooth then it already was. Got mine off ebay at that $12 shipped best cheap upgrade for a firearm ive gotten in a Long time

Back
Top Bottom