RIP Vermont: update the restrictions passed the House

I wonder if Scott realizes how this going to effect him long after he's not governor.
Almost to a person , the people I know from Vermont are great folks,.. till you cross them.
Maybe he got enough Bloomberg money to move out of state and buy a nice place.

We all knew Scott was far from perfect, but compared to the woman he was running against, it was a no brainer. Sound familiar?

Had dinner with a good ole boy from Vermont last night. Asked him if they had rounded up a noose for Scott yet. His response "who the hell is Scott?" I then mentioned the laws he wants to pass and his response was "nothing that will affect me or my lifestyle." Were doomed.

Had dinner with a good ole boy from Vermont last night... his response was "nothing that will affect me or my lifestyle."

Did you friend happen to look like this?
6lWXEoO.jpg

And for that dinner was this on the menu?
H2r65v1.jpg

:)

Had dinner with a good ole boy from Vermont last night. Asked him if they had rounded up a noose for Scott yet. His response "who the hell is Scott?" I then mentioned the laws he wants to pass and his response was "nothing that will affect me or my lifestyle." Were doomed.

In Vermont that might mean he just plans on doing whatever he wants.

Pretty good turnout in Bennington today. I'd easily put it in the hundreds with young, old, men, women, a couple unknown genders. Lots of good signs, flags, people OCing ARs, a few people drove by waving ARs out the windows. I didn't keep track of honking but there was a lot. 50% or more, and serious honking with thumbs up and fist pumps and everything. It was pretty cold and the crowd was already pretty good when we got there at 12:01 and it didn't disperse until 2:00 after the Pledge of Allegiance. I was impressed with the turnout.

One of the first things I noticed was a length of rope next to a street light. I was excited at first but it was just the tag end of a rope used to hang flags. I thought maybe the guvnah was going to make an appearance.

The Green Mountain Boys are rolling in their graves!

The Green Mountain Boys - Vermont Historical Society

Revolutionary War | Historic Sites

"Battle of Bennington
In August Burgoyne found himself in desperate need of provisions, wagons, cattle, and horses. He decided to send an expeditionary force to an American arsenal in Bennington, Vermont, to capture much needed supplies. Brigadier General John Stark led American forces to meet the British army and its Canadian, Native American, and Loyalist supporters. On August 16th, the British suffered a stunning loss.

Shortly after Burgoyne wrote about the people of Vermont as “the most active and most rebellious race on the continent” and that they were hanging “like a gathering storm” on his left. "

And the governor isn't even a carpetbagger like Sanders (who imported his liberalism from NY), Scott was born and raised in Vermont, so he's been surrounded by peaceful and law-abiding gun owners all his life.

If I ever run into that weasel at a track , you can bet your ass I'm asking him what the going price for selling out a state is these days.

As of today at 5:00 pm. , He hasn't signed it.
Article was on Fox news.
The demonstrations were also mentioned.
It seems that the bills are separate...he might leave ( I hope) the std magazines alone.
ggboy

As of today at 5:00 pm. , He hasn't signed it.
Article was on Fox news.
The demonstrations were also mentioned.
It seems that the bills are separate...he might leave ( I hope) the std magazines alone.
ggboy

He already has a public signing ceremony scheduled for this Wednesday. One bill bans private sales, under 21 sales, standard cap magazines, and bump stocks. Another is so-called ERPO, and a third from what I can tell looks like a state version of the federal law prohibiting possession of firearms from those accused or convicted of domestic violence.

He already has a public signing ceremony scheduled for this Wednesday. One bill bans private sales, under 21 sales, standard cap magazines, and bump stocks. Another is so-called ERPO, and a third from what I can tell looks like a state version of the federal law prohibiting possession of firearms from those accused or convicted of domestic violence.

God I hope that turns into a massive shitshow.

Does VT have line-item-veto? If there has been enough pushback on mags, and since the legal take is it's pointless as it's unenforceable, I wouldn't be suprised if he strikes the mag part to appease the resistance, knowing that someone will follow-up with a confiscation act.

Does VT have line-item-veto? If there has been enough pushback on mags, and since the legal take is it's pointless as it's unenforceable, I wouldn't be suprised if he strikes the mag part to appease the resistance, knowing that someone will follow-up with a confiscation act.

To the best of my knowledge Vermont doesn’t have a line item veto. Even if it did, Governor Scott would be unlikely to use it. He sent out more than one email explaining the law, as if we were opposed to it because we’re just stupid and don’t understand it. As I told his clerk on the phone, I understand the bill just fine. I’m opposed to it because it’s unconstitutional.

Interesting tidbit from the GOoV:
Here are all the Senators who voted yes to S.55. Not a single one was born in Vermont.

Ashe – Framingham, Massachusetts
Ayer – Quincy, Massachusetts
Balint – Heidelberg, Germany (Raised in New York)
Baruth – New York City, New York
Bray – New Britian, Connecticut
Brooks – Washington, D.C.
Campion – Albany, New York
Clarkson – Buffalo, New York
Cummings – Holliston, Massachusetts
Ingram – Savannah – Georgia
Lyons – Auburn , New York
Macdonald – Middletown, Connecticut
McCormack – New York City, New York
Pearson – Alberta, Canada
Pollina – New Jersey
Sirotkin – Queens , New York
White – Thief River Falls, Minnesota

"Carpet Bagger's", Kinda like Clinton moving to NY to be a senator.

MILITIA
§ 59. [MILITIA]

The inhabitants of this State shall be trained and armed for its defense, under such regulations, restrictions, and exceptions, as Congress, agreeably to the Constitution of the United States, and the Legislature of this State, shall direct.

This sounds to me like you'd want the best equipment available for the inhabitants to defend the State, and for people of all ages (especially traditional military ages) to be able to participate in said defense.

Article 16. [Right to bear arms; standing armies; military power subordinate to civil]
That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the State--and as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be kept up; and that the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.

That sounds like The People have a right to at least the same equipment as the military lest the military get uppity and decide not to be subordinate to The People.

Constitution of the State of Vermont | Vermont General Assembly | Vermont Legislature

Then there's this BS:

The city of Montpelier may consider allowing non-U.S. citizens to vote in city elections. After fielding questions about why legal residents who aren't citizens can't vote, City Clerk John Odum says he's planning a public meeting on the issue next week.

Montpelier explores idea of allowing non-US citizens to vote

To which I reply (underlining mine):

QUALIFICATIONS OF FREEMEN AND FREEWOMEN
§ 42. [VOTER'S QUALIFICATIONS AND OATH]

Every person of the full age of eighteen years who is a citizen of the United States, having resided in this State for the period established by the General Assembly and who is of a quiet and peaceable behavior, and will take the following oath or affirmation, shall be entitled to all the privileges of a voter of this state:

You solemnly swear (or affirm) that whenever you give your vote or suffrage, touching any matter that concerns the State of Vermont, you will do it so as in your conscience you shall judge will most conduce to the best good of the same, as established by the Constitution, without fear or favor of any person.

Every person who will attain the full age of eighteen years by the date of the general election who is a citizen of the United States, having resided in this State for the period established by the General Assembly and who is of a quiet and peaceable behavior, and will take the oath or affirmation set forth in this section, shall be entitled to vote in the primary election.

Seriously Vermont, stop even entertaining this shit.

Well, I'm late to the party. This is screwed up. I always liked Vermont. I've always wanted to live there. But now I'm rethinking this.

I have some land in the NEK. Family in Jericho and Royalton. I just wanted to be able to shoot, and be left alone. But wtf has happened? Does everyone come from NY and MA?

As much as I hate to do it, I'm thinking I might have to sell and get some land in a free state.

At least for now Florida is ok, but maybe I should be looking at Tennessee or Kentucky. It breaks my heart, really.

There, I let the Montpelier City Clerk know what I thought about the subject. The United States Constitution and Vermont Constitution are both pretty clear that foreigners can't vote. I don't see why anyone would even entertain the idea.

Well, I'm late to the party. This is screwed up. I always liked Vermont. I've always wanted to live there. But now I'm rethinking this.

I have some land in the NEK. Family in Jericho and Royalton. I just wanted to be able to shoot, and be left alone. But wtf has happened? Does everyone come from NY and MA?
The NEK isn't really Vermont. Or maybe it's the real Vermont, and the rest of the state has already joined NY. It's like Western Maryland, versus Baltimore.

There are exceptions in the NEK. Saint J is pretty moonbatty. But mostly the Mother Earth News-inspired neohippies love their guns, their knives, their rotted-out 4WD trucks, their goats, hard work for not much cash, and (inexplicably) Bernie.

Back
Top Bottom