• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

RI Deputy Sheriff discharges firearm accidentally in Rockland MA hotel.

Remember, only the police have the training and experience necessary to properly handle firearms.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

It’s not an accident. It was negligent. Accident if the gun was dropped and fired. He was in control of it and had his hands and fingers on the trigger. Sounds like he was screwing around with it. Good thing no one was hurt. He should not be carrying a firearm.

No mention if he did have a NR LTC, can LEO's "carry on the badge" while off duty?
If a normal citizen carried out of state, without a NR LTC, and had a ND in a place of public business, they would be COMPLETELY ****ed for the rest of their life.

im actually doubt anyone would have even noticed. He called the discharge into the PD himself.
Must have done some good damage he was afraid would be noticed upon his check out.

For me it matters not if he was legally carrying .....legal doesn't apply much to leo [rolleyes]

I am glad no one was hurt, but cant help share in some of the cynicism here... If it was anyone other than LEO, they would likely lose their LTC forever, regardless of the investigation outcome I don't care if carrying a gun is part of LEO job responsibilities. I have a second amendment right that should not be so easily lost.

It’s not an accident. It was negligent. Accident if the gun was dropped and fired. He was in control of it and had his hands and fingers on the trigger. Sounds like he was screwing around with it. Good thing no one was hurt. He should not be carrying a firearm.

"Accidents" are very often caused by "negligence"...[wink]

No mention if he did have a NR LTC, can LEO's "carry on the badge" while off duty?

Read up on the Police Officers Protection Act, the short version is if you are allowed to carry a gun on duty, you have 50 state carrying rights on or off duty.
if you retire in good standing with some other minor qualifiers, you can carry for life in 50 states on your retirement papers

PIGS, really?

Look, there is nobody on this board that will disagree with Law Enforcement and some of their methods more than me.

When they get it right, I'll be the first to say so, same when they are wrong.

You are not doing any of us any favors by name calling and painting with a broad brush.

Some of the best posts on this board come from current or retired LEO.
I can do all the name calling I want to public officials, they do the same thing to us, I'm just passing on the courtesy.

I've had a few dealings with police and every time I've been respectful to them and they me, but every time I deal with RI police, they either sit on their hands and do nothing or they give me the run around because they're uneducated jocks who weren't smart enough to do any form of skilled labor and still wanted to walk around with the power of the public on his chest.

I have no doubts that cops in RI are actually more addicted to drugs than the people they arrest. Cops aren't drug tested to my knowledge after they join the force and if they are, it's not on a random basis.

I don't have any sympathy for cops. I use to respect and admire them, but as time has gone by they've proven themselves to be untrustworthy, dishonest, and downright scum in our new police state called America. I'm sure there are some cops who don't agree with department policies, but they still do what they're told because they're good old boys who can't wait for that pension provided to them by you and me.

I don't expect police to help me when I'm in trouble and thus I don't have a need for "lore" enforcement.

Back
Top Bottom